Old March 30th 08, 11:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Panaxis ACC100 Part 15 FM Transmitter Frequency Selection and Minimum Separation

I have a Panaxis ACC100 low power transmitter that I want to use on my farm
to rebroadcast audio so that I can tune it on other FM radios in the house,
barn, garage, etc. I am wondering how much frequency separation I need if I
re-broadcast an FM station. For example, if I decided to re-broadcast a
station that I can only hear with my external antenna, is 200 kHz of
separation enough? For example, say I wanted to receive 88.1 mHz on a
receiver with an external antenna and re-broadcast it on the Panaxis on 87.9
mHz, is that enough separation? The reason I am thinking of transmitting on
87.9 mHz is becasue most of my radio around the house will tune down that
low, but most won't tune much further down than that.

Old March 31st 08, 01:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Mar 30, 3:26*pm, "J&D Schnoor" wrote:
I have a Panaxis ACC100 low power transmitter that I want to use on my farm
to rebroadcast audio so that I can tune it on other FM radios in the house,
barn, garage, etc. *I am wondering how much frequency separation I need if I
re-broadcast an FM station. *For example, if I decided to re-broadcast a
station that I can only hear with my external antenna, is 200 kHz of
separation enough? *For example, say I wanted to receive 88.1 mHz on a
receiver with an external antenna and re-broadcast it on the Panaxis on 87..9
mHz, is that enough separation? *The reason I am thinking of transmitting on
87.9 mHz is becasue most of my radio around the house will tune down that
low, but most won't tune much further down than that.

J&D Schnoor,

The thing usually is to find an FM Channel assignment
in your 'local area' that is NOT Assigned to an FM Radio
Station : So that you are not causing any Interference to
any of them -or- Your Neighbors.

Check-Out this Webpage and Link
! Find Un-Used Frequencies on the FM Radio Dial !
http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/vacant

This is a feature on the Radio-Locator website.
RADIO LOCATOR - http://www.radio-locator.com/

EXAMPLE - For Zip Code 95383 + State CA :
We Found 39 Vacant Frequencies on the FM Radio
Dial in 95383 (Twain Harte, California).

http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...te=CA&x=13&y=3

The Graph on the Result's webpage Shows the Predicted
Signal Strength at each Frequency on the FM Radio Dial.
Red indicates a Strong Signal,
Green indicates a Weak Signal.

Read the Attention Note at the bottom of the webpage.
ATTENTION : Before Transmitting on an FM Frequency,
always Check to see if the FM Radio Channel is truly Vacant
by Listening with an FM Radio. Your Audio Device will work
best on an Empty FM Radio Channel and you will be less likely
to cause Interference with 'other' People's FM Radio Reception.

CopyRight © Radio-Locator 2008 - All Rights Reserved.
® Theodric Technologies LLC

hope this helps ~ RHF
Old March 31st 08, 01:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

J&D Schnoor wrote:
I have a Panaxis ACC100 low power transmitter that I want to use on my farm
to rebroadcast audio so that I can tune it on other FM radios in the house,
barn, garage, etc. I am wondering how much frequency separation I need if I
re-broadcast an FM station. For example, if I decided to re-broadcast a
station that I can only hear with my external antenna, is 200 kHz of
separation enough? For example, say I wanted to receive 88.1 mHz on a
receiver with an external antenna and re-broadcast it on the Panaxis on 87.9
mHz, is that enough separation? The reason I am thinking of transmitting on
87.9 mHz is becasue most of my radio around the house will tune down that
low, but most won't tune much further down than that.

It won't work. You need at least 4 or 5 channels of separation.