Old April 4th 08, 04:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default S. African DXpedition on You Tube

My DX pal Gary has posted a You Tube video of our March DXpedition to
Jongensgat at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LBJUoyyN0w

On it you can see the magnificent scenery and beautiful setting at
this remote coastal site and the two comfortable cottages we DX from.

Some highlights of catches are also noted including Japan which is
nearly 9000 miles / 14,000 kms away.

The report and full log of the DXpedition can be read at:
http://www.dxing.info/dxpeditions/jongensgat_2008_03.dx

Have fun and good DX

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
RX Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
BW XCR 30, Sangean 803A.
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop, PAORDT Roelof mini-whip
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

Old April 4th 08, 12:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 03:20:30 UTC, wrote:

My DX pal Gary has posted a You Tube video of our March DXpedition to
Jongensgat at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LBJUoyyN0w

On it you can see the magnificent scenery and beautiful setting at
this remote coastal site and the two comfortable cottages we DX from.

Some highlights of catches are also noted including Japan which is
nearly 9000 miles / 14,000 kms away.

The report and full log of the DXpedition can be read at:
http://www.dxing.info/dxpeditions/jongensgat_2008_03.dx

Have fun and good DX

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
RX Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
BW XCR 30, Sangean 803A.
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop, PAORDT Roelof mini-whip
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

John,
Great video! Just wish that I had that kind of setup. Here in Hobe
Sound, the cops close off the beach, which is one mile away around
midnight. Glad to see that the old FRG-7 was in use, how was it
compared to the Icom?
As usual, your posts are informative and enterntaining!
Bob Grimes

Old April 4th 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

My DX pal Gary has posted a You Tube video of our March DXpedition to
Jongensgat at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LBJUoyyN0w

Nicely done. How did he hold the camera? There's no shake.

My FRoG feels a little less alone today.

mike
Old April 4th 08, 06:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 4, 6:44*pm, m II wrote:
Nicely done. How did he hold the camera? There's no shake.

My FRoG feels a little less alone today.

mike

I put it to Gary and he replied:
"For some of the shots I found an object to rest the camera on (I have
tripod at home but did not have it with me for the trip).

Other views were 'still' photos taken as a video capture during
editing from
the original video.

regards

Gary"