Old April 8th 08, 07:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Wellbrook Antennas

In article
,
RHF wrote:

SNIP

And just how is out news group retard doing tonight?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old April 9th 08, 02:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
RHF wrote:

On Apr 7, 11:32*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

*RHF wrote:

- SNIP

= = = UN-SNIP = = =
PONG : Telamon - "Nope. It's just your reading comprehension
problem at play retard."
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...bf089b7c0cc1b9

-
- And just how is out news group retard doing tonight?
-
- --
- Telamon - Senior Team Member of Alt.Local.Village.Idiot
- Ventura, California

Teli - Why Thank You for Asking

i b well brook ed & an ten na fied ~ RHF

I'm glad to hear that.

In case you are wondering I'm trying to help direct your posts to an
appropriate forum.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old April 9th 08, 02:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
rktz wrote:

Joe Analssandrini wrote:
Dear "Telamon,"

It really is true - Ibiquity bought a large number of Wellbrook ALA
1530 antennas (I'm not sure in which of the various incarnations of
the '1530 they were) as they found that this one was the most reliable
and consistent antenna for them to use when testing AM IBOC.

So to get my $200 AM radio to work I need a $400 antenna? Nice...

If you want your $200 dollar radio to work at its best then yes.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old April 9th 08, 04:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I dont think there are any cities or towns or counties in Mississippi
that have spanish names.Mostly regular names and good Indian
names.Kosciusko is named for a Polish guy, I think.There is a
Dublin,Mississippi
cuhulin

Old April 9th 08, 04:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 7, 7:03 pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

RHF wrote:

SNIP

The Wellbrook Loop Antenna was the only Off-the-Shelf
Consumer Grade AM/MW Antenna good enough to
Null-Out the Digital Side-Band Noise {Hash} from Adjacent
IBOC AM/MW Radio Stations to allow iBiquity Corp to
'pass' the FCC Broadcast Standard for the Acceptance
of IBOC's used concurrently with Analog AM/MW Radio.

another - it's sounds crazy -but-
it's true {maybe ?} fabrication - by ~ RHF
.

In a word, YES.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Some call it passing the test, others call it cheating.

Old April 9th 08, 04:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Dear "Telamon,"

After all these years - I still find it incredible that many radio
hobbyists do not realize that the antenna is more important than the
radio!

While antennas and radios must be matched properly and carefully
(that's, of course, where experience and knowledge comes in), given my
"druthers," I'd rather set up my "radio shack" based primarily on the
antenna rather than the radio. That's precisely what I did with my
first Wellbrook ALA 330S. Frankly, I took a chance - based solely on
the reviews in PASSPORT TO WORLD BAND RADIO (and I'm sure glad I did!)
- and only after actually ordering the antenna did I decide to buy an
AOR AR7030 Plus. ( had originally thought that I would possibly buy
another Grundig Satellit 800 for use downstairs with the new Wellbrook
but then I decided that, since I was getting what was hopefully the
best antenna for my particular circumstances, for once in my life I
should have a real top-end radio. But the Wellbrook turned out to be
so good that I bought a second one for my upstairs Sat800 (with which
I had been using an AOR WL-500 Window Loop Antenna - a good unit but
not in the class of the Wellbrook).

I guess it's just "wishful thinking" on my part that more SWLers would
take the time and make the effort to learn just how important the
antenna is; these people would then certainly derive much more
pleasure from the hobby.

As always, the above is strictly my own opinion and, again as always,
it is rather lengthy. But YOUR answer to the gentleman making the
comment about the $400.00 antenna with his $200.00 radio - in only 14
words - says it all - clearly, concisely, and absolutely accurately.

Best,

Joe

Old April 9th 08, 05:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I never have built an antenna before.Well, there have been times when I
have clipped a few feet of wire on to some radios that already had a
factory installed antenna, but that's not the same thing.Wire is cheap,
just ask dxAce.Take a look at his back yard antenna.I bet the most cost
of that antenna are the wooden post he bought to stick in the ground.

One of my old off the wall brand name cheapo AM/FM/Shortwave table model
radios (it was old when I bought it) I bought at a Goodwill store about
fourteen years ago, I clipped one end of an old lonnnnggg extension cord
to the radio's antenna.That extension cord was so lonnng, I draped that
cord from my radio and from my living room and through my dining room
and through where my dining room leads from my kitchen and along tha
hall and back to my living room over to my front door.That rig of a
so-called antenna worked pretty good for that old radio.
cuhulin

Old April 10th 08, 01:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
Joe Analssandrini wrote:

Dear "Telamon,"

After all these years - I still find it incredible that many radio
hobbyists do not realize that the antenna is more important than the
radio!

The radio receiver does not actually receive the signal it discriminates
and demodulates. The antenna does the receiving. Some radios have the
antenna built in and in that case they are actually a receiving system.
The built in antenna could be a whip or a ferrite bar antenna but most
radios considered here need an external antenna or would benefit from
one. Here, if your requirements are easy, the antenna does not take much
in money or time to acquire or make respectively. If you should be more
demanding than going for the evening big guns then the antenna will
require more money and time. Skimp here and you will just get lousy
performance out of the radio no matter what it cost. That's the word
from rec.radio.shortwave.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old April 11th 08, 12:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default PONG : Telamon - Please Put a "Ping RHF" -or- One of Your Favorite

On Apr 9, 5:46*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
On Apr 7, 7:03 pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

*RHF wrote:

SNIP

The Wellbrook Loop Antenna was the only Off-the-Shelf
Consumer Grade AM/MW Antenna good enough to
Null-Out the Digital Side-Band Noise {Hash} from Adjacent
IBOC AM/MW Radio Stations to allow iBiquity Corp to
'pass' the FCC Broadcast Standard for the Acceptance
of IBOC's used concurrently with Analog AM/MW Radio.

another - it's sounds crazy -but-
it's true {maybe ?} fabrication - by ~ RHF
*.

In a word, YES.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

- - Some call it passing the test, others call it cheating.

- In RHF's case it's just spaming.
-
- --
- Telamon
- Ventura, California
-

Teli - This Reply really does not work :
PONG : Telamon - "In RHF's case it's just spaming."

PONG : Telamon - Please Put a "Ping RHF" -or- One of Your Favorite
Words : Retard RHF; Idiot RHF; Moron RHF; or Spammer RHF : At the
Start of the Threads That You Are Polluting with Your Attacks on Me
{RHF} : At Least the Readers Will Know That The Subject and the
Message Has Changed. [Was : Wellbrook Antennas]

Teli - Show some considerion for the 'other' Readers - please ~ RHF

Wellbrook question [email protected] Shortwave 35 October 2nd 06 05:36 PM
More on the Wellbrook loops [email protected] Shortwave 0 June 28th 06 08:02 AM
FA: Wellbrook K9AY bm Shortwave 0 August 11th 05 07:56 PM
Wellbrook Brian Shortwave 6 June 16th 05 03:26 AM
Wellbrook ALA 330S on MW Joe Analssandrini Shortwave 5 January 9th 05 12:10 PM