Old April 17th 08, 02:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Eduardo is just angry about the latest Arbitron study of theHD...

That's nothing.I just now checked channel 40 FOX tv (in Jackson) to see
if Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. is going to be on there in the next few days.
cuhulin

Old April 17th 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Eduardo is just angry about the latest Arbitron study of the HD Radio farce

David Eduardo wrote:
"D Peter Maus" wrote in message
David Eduardo wrote:
Anyone knows that pure digital is a decade away, if ever, on FM. And
a decade from now AM will likely not exist as we know it.
Once again, not the conversation at hand.
Of course it is. It's all about the ability to predict the future.

No. It's not.

It's about you claiming one thing. iBiquity saying that you're wrong.

1. (Snip )

You're apparently determined not to address the real topic of this
conversation.

The only topic is that, while iBiquity has shown addressable receivers can
be engineered for HD, nobody wants to develop a system using this feature,
which is about as useful as an ice dispenser in a toilet.

Old April 17th 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
. ..

[snip]

And which of these generations are ready for subscription radio?

None. I have never heard subscription radio talked about, in fact. Most
subscription based services are using other technologies.

Ibiquity has been talking about it.

"Finally, regarding product availability, Ibiquity reports that software
is
complete and new HD Radio chips that include RadioGuard will be ready for
implementation in receivers by later this year. Some first-generation
devices will require an add-on chip to provide the radio's ID number, but
it
is expected that by mid-2008, most if not all HD Radio chips will simply
include RadioGuard as standard - just as multicast was incorporated into
all
HD Radio receivers from the second generation onward. "

http://www.rwonline.com/pages/s.0054/t.8141.html

My comment is that no broadcaster is interested in paid audio programming
services, as there is no useful economic model to be found. Since SCAs and
FMeXtra cover much better than an HD data service, it is unlikely that
anyone will want to rent an HD data channel for this purpose, either, as
there are better options.

iBiquity may be enabling the chips, but at this moment there is no
broadcaster interest in using them for audio or data. And that is what the
people I have talked to are bringing back from Las Vegas.

Old April 17th 08, 10:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

[...]

Watch out, they may transmit a disease to you that they also brought back from
Las Vegas.

Old April 17th 08, 10:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:
Anyone knows that pure digital is a decade away, if ever, on FM. And
a decade from now AM will likely not exist as we know it.
Once again, not the conversation at hand.
Of course it is. It's all about the ability to predict the future.
No. It's not.

It's about you claiming one thing. iBiquity saying that you're wrong.
1. (Snip )

You're apparently determined not to address the real topic of this
conversation.

The only topic is that, while iBiquity has shown addressable receivers can
be engineered for HD,

Once again, that's not the subject of this conversation. If you'd
like me to repeat again for you, let me know.

Old April 18th 08, 12:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

Watch out, they may transmit a disease to you that they also brought back
from
Las Vegas.

Obviously, you are so dumb and/or drunk you do not realize that the NAB was
this week in Vegas-

Old April 18th 08, 05:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Watch out, they may transmit a disease to you that they also brought back
from
Las Vegas.

Obviously, you are so dumb and/or drunk you do not realize that the NAB was
this week in Vegas-

Did I mention Vegas? By golly I think I did, oh faux one!

Old April 18th 08, 05:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Watch out, they may transmit a disease to you that they also brought back
from
Las Vegas.

Obviously, you are so dumb and/or drunk you do not realize that the NAB was
this week in Vegas-

Obviously, you were so dumb and/or drunk that you couldn't even graduate from
high school.

Have you been diagnosed with ADHD?

Old April 18th 08, 05:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Watch out, they may transmit a disease to you that they also brought back
from
Las Vegas.

Obviously, you are so dumb and/or drunk you do not realize that the NAB was
this week in Vegas-

Obviously, you were so dumb and/or drunk that you couldn't even graduate from
high school.

Have you been diagnosed with ADHD?

Probably not. But he has claimed to be slightly dyslexic.

Old April 18th 08, 06:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Watch out, they may transmit a disease to you that they also brought
back
from
Las Vegas.

Obviously, you are so dumb and/or drunk you do not realize that the NAB
was
this week in Vegas-

Obviously, you were so dumb and/or drunk that you couldn't even graduate
from
high school.

Have you been diagnosed with ADHD?

Probably not. But he has claimed to be slightly dyslexic.

Around 8% of the population has some form of dyslexia... it often makes
conventional learning difficult, particularly for more intelligent students.