Old April 18th 08, 06:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Eduardo is just angry about the latest Arbitron study of the HD Radio farce

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Watch out, they may transmit a disease to you that they also brought
back
from
Las Vegas.

Obviously, you are so dumb and/or drunk you do not realize that the NAB
was
this week in Vegas-

Obviously, you were so dumb and/or drunk that you couldn't even graduate
from
high school.

Ah, but I did. By US law, the GED is a 100% equivalent of a High School
diploma.

In any case, by the time I got it (1973), I had managed radio stations in
Ecuador, Washington, DC (WEZR), Richmond VA (WEZB) and San Juan (WUNO) so it
was absolutely unessential and superfluous.

Old April 18th 08, 07:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:
"D Peter Maus" wrote in message
dxAce wrote:
David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
Watch out, they may transmit a disease to you that they also brought
back
from
Las Vegas.

Obviously, you are so dumb and/or drunk you do not realize that the NAB
was
this week in Vegas-
Obviously, you were so dumb and/or drunk that you couldn't even graduate
from
high school.

Have you been diagnosed with ADHD?

Probably not. But he has claimed to be slightly dyslexic.

Around 8% of the population has some form of dyslexia... it often makes
conventional learning difficult, particularly for more intelligent students.

Again, you've tried to obfuscate the point.

Old April 18th 08, 11:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Watch out, they may transmit a disease to you that they also brought
back
from
Las Vegas.

Obviously, you are so dumb and/or drunk you do not realize that the NAB
was
this week in Vegas-

Obviously, you were so dumb and/or drunk that you couldn't even graduate
from
high school.

Ah, but I did. By US law, the GED is a 100% equivalent of a High School
diploma.

In any case, by the time I got it (1973), I had managed radio stations in
Ecuador,

And owned none! LMFAO

Old April 18th 08, 12:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Frackelton Gleason, so addled that he couldn't even graduate from high
school and at age 55 felt compelled to pose as 'Eduardo', wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Watch out, they may transmit a disease to you that they also brought
back
from
Las Vegas.

Obviously, you are so dumb and/or drunk you do not realize that the NAB
was
this week in Vegas-

Obviously, you were so dumb and/or drunk that you couldn't even graduate
from
high school.

Ah, but I did. By US law, the GED is a 100% equivalent of a High School
diploma.

In any case, by the time I got it (1973), I had managed radio stations in
Ecuador, Washington, DC (WEZR), Richmond VA (WEZB) and San Juan (WUNO) so it
was absolutely unessential and superfluous.

You just keep telling yourself that, 'Eduardo'!

Old April 18th 08, 04:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 15 Apr, 21:15, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"D Peter Maus" wrote in ...

David Eduardo wrote:

iBiquity simply confirmed that the HD system was capable of addressing
receivers were this a requested feature. At present, I do not believe any
radio in production is addressable.

.

Nice try. That's not the suject of this convesation. And your
continuing attempt to divert the discussion to your denials of fact say a
lot about the intent of much of what you've posted in this forum.

Right now, no chip and no receiver is adressable. in other words, there is
no way in hell to do paid services on HD today or in the near future.

There were some tests, and the system is able to do data transmission in any
channel other than HD-1. There is no use yet for this type of service and
there is no chipset or receiver that can pick such a service up.

The topic of conversation is:

Are they trying to do it? And are you telling the truth? You've been
saying all along conditional programming access is not in the plan for HD,
and you know this by virtue of your specialized and internal knowledge not
available to the public.

As far as I know, there has been no testing of controlled limited access
programming with a subscription model in mind. There have been limited tests
of data streams, with examples being traffic data and stock quotes. Nobody
is doing this, and no equipment exists to do it.

By iBiquity's own admission, in published word and practical test,
conditional programming access IS part of the HD plan. So, you're either
knowingly not telling the truth, or you're not as intimately informed as
you claim.

My read is that conditional access can be made available. it is not at
present. And I know of no station planning to do this, as there is, so far,
no practical model for the economic part.

Either way....Yes, they are trying to implement conditional access.

Proving it can be done and doing it are two different things. With FMeXtra
and SCA, there is no apparent demand or advantage.

And no...you're not telling the truth.

Something that can be done and something radio stations want to do are very
different things.

Tell us all about it, NAMBLA dude.

Old April 18th 08, 04:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 15 Apr, 22:09, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"D Peter Maus" wrote in ...

David Eduardo wrote:
iBiquity simply confirmed that the HD system was capable of
addressing receivers were this a requested feature. At present, I
do not believe any radio in production is addressable.
.
Nice try. That's not the suject of this convesation. And your
continuing attempt to divert the discussion to your denials of fact
say a lot about the intent of much of what you've posted in this
forum.

Right now, no chip and no receiver is adressable. in other words,
there is no way in hell to do paid services on HD today or in the
near future.

ROFLMAO.

Still avoiding the point. You're denying today what iBiquity
themselves have publicly have stated as a goal. And are currently
testing. And that's AUDIO, David. Not just data.

I have never heard the supposed chant that the goal is to go all digital.
iBiquity made the system backward compatible on AM and FM, in fact.

Then you have exposed yourself as a fraud, Brother. iBiquity has stated
their goal was to make broadcasting all digital in their first press
release, and in damned near every appearance by Struble since.

If you're not aware of that, then you're not who, or what, you claim.

Anyone knows that pure digital is a decade away, if ever, on FM. And a
decade from now AM will likely not exist as we know it.

A decade, eh? And what is the statute of limitations of child rape,
NAMBLA dude?
Old April 18th 08, 04:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:
[...]

Once again, not the conversation at hand.

You really do act more like a shill, every day. Not really addressing
the point, but changing the subject to assert not that it's not
happening, but that it's not happening NOW. Your way of saying that we
should acceed to this strategy because the undesireable outcome is a
decade away.

LOL!.

You have exposed yourself for what you really are, David. And, in
the process, what you really are not.

Have a good evening.

Admitting,

The only time he "exposes himself" is when he's in the presence of a
six year old boy, I suspect.
Old April 18th 08, 04:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 16 Apr, 18:15, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"D Peter Maus" wrote in ...

David Eduardo wrote:

Anyone knows that pure digital is a decade away, if ever, on FM. And a
decade from now AM will likely not exist as we know it.

Once again, not the conversation at hand.

Of course it is. It's all about the ability to predict the future.

Let's say that BMW does a press conference about the new 1 series, and a
dumb journalist asks if the 1 will fit in the Space Shuttle. The BMW guy,
spotting a promotional opportunity, says that they will test the fit... and
later announces that, indeed, the 1 series BMW will fit in the Space
Shuttle. Of course, there is no useful purpose in putting a car in orbit, so
we don't hear any more about this. BMW got some press, though.

The same thing applies to paid or lockied services via HD. There is no
business model for paid programming (defined as audio, whether originally
digital, analog or pig grunts) on individual HD channels. There are better
and cheaper was of providing non-program data streams, like traffic infor.
So there is no demand for either locked progrmming or data. But there is the
ability to provide same, and iBiquity got some publicity out of this... it
made you pay attention, didn't it?

You really do act more like a shill, every day. Not really addressing
the point, but changing the subject to assert not that it's not happening,
but that it's not happening NOW. Your way of saying that we should acceed
to this strategy because the undesireable outcome is a decade away.

A shill is someone paid to hawk something. I don't qualify. I do, however,
have an interest in putting free radio into all and any new distribution
channels, and HD is one of them. So are WiMax and related technologies, and
unless radio gets into all of them, they run the risk of not having a
position in the next new standard of delivery. And that is because it is
certain that AM has a finite and relatively short life and FM will last
longer, but divided with other delivery methods.

My interests are based on the future of radio, unlinked to the distribution.
I hope HD works, but I also hope the industry covers all other bases too.

The only thing you hope is that some six year old boy will want that
snickers bar badly enough to climb into your car. That is how you and
the rest of your creep friends from NAMBLA operate.
Old April 18th 08, 04:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 18 Apr, 01:55, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Watch out, they may transmit a disease to you that they also brought
back
from
Las Vegas.

Obviously, you are so dumb and/or drunk you do not realize that the NAB
was
this week in Vegas-

Obviously, you were so dumb and/or drunk that you couldn't even graduate
from
high school.

Ah, but I did. By US law, the GED is a 100% equivalent of a High School
diploma.

In any case, by the time I got it (1973), I had managed radio stations in
Ecuador, Washington, DC (WEZR), Richmond VA (WEZB) and San Juan (WUNO) so it
was absolutely unessential and superfluous.

And yet, you went to the trouble to get it. You probably entertained
the idea of becoming a teacher, as it would give you ready access to
children.
Old April 18th 08, 05:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:
In any case, by the time I got it (1973), I had managed radio stations in
Ecuador,

And owned none! LMFAO

Actually, I had owned 12 operating stations. Here is another contact who
knows of my stations and the fact that I was the owner of the licensee
corporation: Laura Hagan, President, Katz Hispanic Media, NY*.

Washington, DC (WEZR), Richmond VA (WEZB) and San Juan (WUNO) so it
was absolutely unessential and superfluous.

*Laura Hagan
President of Katz Hispanic Media
Laura Hagan is president of Katz Hispanic Media.
After joining KHM as an account executive in 1987, Laura was promoted one
year later to New York sales manager for the division. In 1991 she left to
pursue a position as eastern general sales manager for CBS Hispanic Radio
Networks in New York. Laura returned in 1992 as a network sales manager for
KHM and was promoted to New York sales manager the following year. In 1994
she was promoted again to vice president. In 1997, Laura spearheaded the
opening of Katz Hispanic Media's Miami office and was elevated to executive
vice president in 1998.