Old May 5th 08, 12:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Tokyo Radio {VolMet} Forecast on 8828 kHz (USB) @ 09:40 UTC

Tokyo Radio {VolMet} Forecast on 8828 kHz (USB) @ 09:40 UTC
- - - Heard on 5 MAYO 2008
http://groups.google.com/group/short...cab67b08c88f49
S-Meter (USB) : S2~S3 with Fair Audio 35433
Old May 5th 08, 10:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On May 5, 6:58*am, dxAce wrote:
dxAce wrote:
dxAce wrote:

dxAce wrote:

RHF wrote:

Tokyo Radio {VolMet} Forecast on 8828 kHz (USB) @ 09:40 UTC
- - - Heard on 5 MAYO 2008
http://groups.google.com/group/short...eports/msg/58c...
S-Meter (USB) : S2~S3 with Fair Audio 35433

Auckland heard here at 1122.

At 1132, Honolulu is making mention of a volcano and volcano ash. Must be in reference
to that volcano erupting in Chile.

Must have been for a different location as I look at the list I don't see Honolulu giving
weather at that time for Chile.

- - http://www.dxinfocentre.com/volmet-wx.htm

- I haven't listened to the VOLMET's for some time,
- but about all I can say after checking a few of them
- is that propagation is very poor!

DX Ace,

Figure that a VolMet Transmission is by-design good for
600~1200 Miles to give Approching Aircraft an One to
Two Hour 'early' Weather Report Prior to Landing at the
Destination Airport.

Like WWV & WWVH and NDBs VolMet Radio Transmitters
can be used as Propagation 'indicators'.

Especially when you have different VolMet Transmitters
operating on the same Frequency during different 5-Minute
Markers {Intervals} during the Hour every Hour : 24/7.

Shortwave [HF] Volmet Broadcasts
Meteorological Information for Aircraft in Flight
http://www.dxinfocentre.com/volmet.htm
http://www.dxinfocentre.com/volmet-wx.htm
http://www.faa.gov/ats/aat/ifim/ifim0109.htm

FWIW : I expected Honolulu Radio on 8828 kHz USB
but did not hear them; and instead caught Tokyo Radio.

Top 1000 HF Frequencies from Monitoring Times
-compiled by- Larry Van Horn for Police Call
http://www.grove-ent.com/mttopHF.html
http://www.monitoringtimes.com/html/mttopHF.html
http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpo.../584/swlog.htm

UTE Frequency Reference List
http://users.tellurian.com/slapshot/utelist.html

AMANDX "Utility Frequency Lists" -by- Shawn Axelrod
http://www.angelfire.com/mb/amandx/utility.html
http://www.angelfire.com/mb/amandx/utility2.html

~ RHF
Old May 6th 08, 09:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
dxAce wrote:
At 1132, Honolulu is making mention of a volcano and volcano ash. Must
be in reference
to that volcano erupting in Chile.

There's an article from the AP in today's newspaper (Seattle Times, May 6)
that Kilauea opened up a new vent in March that's causing a lot of problems.
Smogging up Honolulu, killing off flower farms, and (on occasion) closing
the National Park.

Mark Zenier

Old May 7th 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Mark Zenier wrote:

In article ,
dxAce wrote:
At 1132, Honolulu is making mention of a volcano and volcano ash. Must
be in reference
to that volcano erupting in Chile.

There's an article from the AP in today's newspaper (Seattle Times, May 6)
that Kilauea opened up a new vent in March that's causing a lot of problems.
Smogging up Honolulu, killing off flower farms, and (on occasion) closing
the National Park.

That must've been what the reference was. I was away from the radio but did hear
them mention volcano and volcano ash.

Thanks.

Honolulu Radio {VolMet} Forecast on 6679 kHz (USB) @ 10:55 UTC RHF Shortwave 0 April 6th 08 12:04 PM
Honolulu Radio {VolMet} Forecast on 2863 kHz (USB) @ 11:15 UTC RHF Shortwave 0 April 6th 08 04:20 AM
Radio Japan - Hello From Tokyo - Phone interviews and letters Telamon Shortwave 2 December 5th 05 03:58 AM
VOLMET-New York Radio dxAce Shortwave 7 October 13th 04 12:50 AM
Volmet Lists ?? Diverd4777 Shortwave 2 September 30th 03 01:36 AM