Old May 16th 08, 12:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Finally, I GOT my radio!!

Well, my Eton 350DL arrived today and I really like it thus far. I
have to go to school so I don't have time to look at it much right
now. Anyway, with the three SW bands, which one would offer the most
tonight when I get home. I will probably take it to bed with me! Also,
I got the silver model and I really like the way it looks, so retro!

This weekend I will have more time to learn it, but I want to jump in
tonight. Any special frequencies you might suggest?

Lastly, I want to offer a major THANK YOU to everyone who put up with
my stupid questions and there were many I am sure. I appreciate it
more than you know.

Haci
Old May 16th 08, 12:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Finally, I GOT my radio!! - Eton {Grundig} S-350DL AM/FMShortwave Radio

On May 15, 4:08*pm, Hacienda de Ville ferrante276-
wrote:
Well, my Eton 350DL arrived today and I really like it thus far. I
have to go to school so I don't have time to look at it much right
now. Anyway, with the three SW bands, which one would offer the most
tonight when I get home. I will probably take it to bed with me! Also,
I got the silver model and I really like the way it looks, so retro!

This weekend I will have more time to learn it, but I want to jump in
tonight. Any special frequencies you might suggest?

Lastly, I want to offer a major THANK YOU to everyone who put up with
my stupid questions and there were many I am sure. I appreciate it
more than you know.

Haci

HdV,

Eton {Grundig} S-350DL AM/FM Shortwave Radio
http://www.etoncorp.com/upload/contents/307/S350DL.pdf

Page # 15 & 16 of the Owner's Manual
http://www.etoncorp.com/upload/conte...anual_0107.pdf
SW-1 & SW-2

Night-Time Shortwave Radio Listening (SWL)
http://www.hamuniverse.com/shortwavebands.html
SW Band - - Frequency
60 meters ~ 4,750 – 5,060 kHz
49 meters ~ 5,800 – 6,200 kHz
41 meters ~ 7,100 – 7,600 kHz
31 meters ~ 9,500 – 9,900 kHz
25 meters ~ 11,600 – 12,100 kHz

Shortwave 101: How to Listen to World Radio
http://www.21st-century-goods.com/ShortWaveGuide.pdf
* Shortwave Band Chart
* * Day and Night Bands
* * * Nighttime Listening

hope this helps - iane ~ RHF
Old May 16th 08, 12:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Hacienda de Ville" wrote in message
Well, my Eton 350DL arrived today and I really like it thus far. I
have to go to school so I don't have time to look at it much right
now. Anyway, with the three SW bands, which one would offer the most
tonight when I get home. I will probably take it to bed with me! Also,
I got the silver model and I really like the way it looks, so retro!

This weekend I will have more time to learn it, but I want to jump in
tonight. Any special frequencies you might suggest?

Lastly, I want to offer a major THANK YOU to everyone who put up with
my stupid questions and there were many I am sure. I appreciate it
more than you know.

Morning and afternoon: 7-15 MHz
Afternoon: 10-22 MHz
Evening and night: 3-8 MHz

These are just basic. Your best band during evening hours is 5.5-6.5 MHz,
with most of the international broadcasters being there.

Old May 16th 08, 02:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Hacienda de Ville" wrote in message
Well, my Eton 350DL arrived today and I really like it thus far. I
have to go to school so I don't have time to look at it much right
now. Anyway, with the three SW bands, which one would offer the most
tonight when I get home. I will probably take it to bed with me! Also,
I got the silver model and I really like the way it looks, so retro!

This weekend I will have more time to learn it, but I want to jump in
tonight. Any special frequencies you might suggest?

Lastly, I want to offer a major THANK YOU to everyone who put up with
my stupid questions and there were many I am sure. I appreciate it
more than you know.

Haci

Just use it, easy

http://www.primetimeshortwave.com/

Burr

Old May 16th 08, 06:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Hate to burst your bubble, but the S350 is a real piece of ****.

Old May 16th 08, 06:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
Well, my Eton 350DL arrived today and I really like it thus far. I
have to go to school so I don't have time to look at it much right
now. Anyway, with the three SW bands, which one would offer the most
tonight when I get home. I will probably take it to bed with me! Also,
I got the silver model and I really like the way it looks, so retro!

This weekend I will have more time to learn it, but I want to jump in
tonight. Any special frequencies you might suggest?

Lastly, I want to offer a major THANK YOU to everyone who put up with
my stupid questions and there were many I am sure. I appreciate it
more than you know.

Haci

Hate to burst your bubble, but the S350 is a real piece of ****.

You are the piece of ****!

Burr

Old May 16th 08, 10:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
Well, my Eton 350DL arrived today and I really like it thus far. I
have to go to school so I don't have time to look at it much right
now. Anyway, with the three SW bands, which one would offer the most
tonight when I get home. I will probably take it to bed with me! Also,
I got the silver model and I really like the way it looks, so retro!

This weekend I will have more time to learn it, but I want to jump in
tonight. Any special frequencies you might suggest?

Lastly, I want to offer a major THANK YOU to everyone who put up with
my stupid questions and there were many I am sure. I appreciate it
more than you know.

Haci

Hate to burst your bubble, but the S350 is a real piece of ****.

Your starting to sound like Telimonkey! You guys brothers or what?
You got your head in your pocket or what? Show respect in your posts.

Old May 16th 08, 10:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Hacienda de Ville" wrote in message
Well, my Eton 350DL arrived today and I really like it thus far. I
have to go to school so I don't have time to look at it much right
now. Anyway, with the three SW bands, which one would offer the most
tonight when I get home. I will probably take it to bed with me! Also,
I got the silver model and I really like the way it looks, so retro!

Pay no attention to the dip**** here. The 350 is a fine radio for the
money. You could do far worse for a "first radio"!

I have 2 of the earlier model 350s (not DL), and they both work fine.

Old May 16th 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Burr wrote:

Hate to burst your bubble, but the S350 is a real piece of ****.

You are the piece of ****!

Burr

You have to set the mark used for quoting the message you are responding to.

It appears YOU said all of the above, when you didn't.

Go into your settings and set it now, before you post again..it will
prevent a lot of hard feelings.

mike

Old May 16th 08, 10:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Hacienda de Ville wrote:

Well, my Eton 350DL arrived today and I really like it thus far.

I also have one. It's pretty good. The thing that bothers me the most is
that when you switch the SW bands, it doesn't tune from where you left
off. It puts you on the highest frequency of the next band. I have to
tune all the way down again in the new band to get close to where I was.

Nothing is perfect, but the DL version is a very good radio in it's
price range. Being able to use two sizes of batteries is a bonus when
carrying it around.

Adjust your newsgroup filter to get rid of google groups and gmail
postings. Way too many idiots and spammers using those sources.

mike