Old May 18th 08, 11:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default CLEARANCE SALE ON SONY HD RADIOS – 60% OFF AT BEST BUY!

NEWS FLASH -- iBiquity Digital Corporation, Columbia, MD -- “Getting
live or simulated demos in stores, however, has not been a significant
barrier to sales, iBiquitys Sapienza contended. The issue is “No. 4 or
5 on the list of challenges, not No. 1 or 2, based on our success with
online retailers,” he contended."

Really?…….. Their challenge is to sell any radios.

iBiquity is in real denial. I went to Best Buy on Saturday to get
something and took a trip by the radios as I usually do. Three Sony
XDRS3HD's have been sitting the display shelf for MONTHS for $199.95.
At one point one of them was sold but was quickly returned a week
later. On Saturday ALL THREE were marked down to $119.95 with a big
CLEARANCE tag on them.

Sorry iBiquity but this is not the sign of a product that is going
anywhere. You can spin it all you want but HD Radio dead.

Would you invest in a company like this???
Old May 18th 08, 11:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
Rfburns wrote:

NEWS FLASH -- iBiquity Digital Corporation, Columbia, MD -- łGetting
live or simulated demos in stores, however, has not been a significant
barrier to sales, iBiquitys Sapienza contended. The issue is łNo. 4 or
5 on the list of challenges, not No. 1 or 2, based on our success with
online retailers,˛ he contended."

Really?ŠŠ.. Their challenge is to sell any radios.

iBiquity is in real denial. I went to Best Buy on Saturday to get
something and took a trip by the radios as I usually do. Three Sony
XDRS3HD's have been sitting the display shelf for MONTHS for $199.95.
At one point one of them was sold but was quickly returned a week
later. On Saturday ALL THREE were marked down to $119.95 with a big
CLEARANCE tag on them.

Sorry iBiquity but this is not the sign of a product that is going
anywhere. You can spin it all you want but HD Radio dead.

Would you invest in a company like this???

They need to come out with the 2nd generation radios that can also be
software upgradable. I would not buy what is currently offered.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old May 19th 08, 02:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default IBOC : HD-Radio Broadcasting - Still an Evolving 'New' Technology . . .

In article
,
RHF wrote:

On May 18, 3:28*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

*Rfburns wrote:
NEWS FLASH -- iBiquity Digital Corporation, Columbia, MD *-- 3Getting
live or simulated demos in stores, however, has not been a significant
barrier to sales, iBiquitys Sapienza contended. The issue is 3No. 4 or
5 on the list of challenges, not No. 1 or 2, based on our success with
online retailers,2 he contended."

Really?SťSť.. Their challenge is to sell any radios.

iBiquity is in real denial. *I went to Best Buy on Saturday to get
something and took a trip by the radios as I usually do. *Three Sony
XDRS3HD's have been sitting the display shelf for MONTHS for $199.95.
At one point one of them was sold but was quickly returned a week
later. *On Saturday ALL THREE were marked down to $119.95 with a big
CLEARANCE tag on them.

Sorry iBiquity but this is not the sign of a product that is going
anywhere. *You can spin it all you want but HD Radio dead.

Would you invest in a company like this???

- They need to come out with the 2nd generation radios
- that can also be software upgradable.

This is a very important feature in all-things-digital
especially with evolving new technology.

- I would not buy what is currently offered.

Oops - I Did and It was an Oops ! ~ RHF

-but- That will be resolved when HD-Radio goes to 4%
of the Analog ERP from 1% and hopefully I will be living
with-in the AM/MW 10 mV/M and FM 64 dBu Contours
of the CA Central Valley Radio Stations in Modesto etc.

I hope that does not ever happen and if it does it will not solve all
the reception problems. You do not understand the technology. Realize
that fact.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old May 19th 08, 02:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
wrote:

On May 18, 6:28*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

*Rfburns wrote:
[...]

Then, one would would have to buy another HD radio that includes
"conditional access", but that is the plan - same thing for
broadcasters, with hardware/software upgrades. Quite the money-maker
for that money-grubber Struble.

People just do not understand the consequences of this technology. I
predicted everything you see happening with HD now and I'm telling you
and the other readers of this news group that there are serious
drawbacks yet to come. This technology was thought up by pointy haired
bosses and bean counters that misunderstood this whole concept of
digital over the air. They do not understand that to have improved sound
quality and improved quality of service that you need more bandwidth.
News group retards like RHF think just raising the power will solve all
the problems through brute force but it won't. IBOC sucks big time.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old May 19th 08, 03:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

News group retards like RHF

Anyone who comes to a different conclusion or disagrees with you is a
'retard'...

Who is ruining this newsgroup by bringing crap to it?

Old May 19th 08, 04:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"Radio Ron" wrote:

News group retards like RHF

Anyone who comes to a different conclusion or disagrees with you is a
'retard'...

Who is ruining this newsgroup by bringing crap to it?

Well, there is none quite like RHF. He is the news group retard. Just
ask him.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old May 19th 08, 04:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On May 18, 6:13*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

*RHF wrote:
On May 18, 3:28*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

*Rfburns wrote:
NEWS FLASH -- iBiquity Digital Corporation, Columbia, MD *-- 3Getting
live or simulated demos in stores, however, has not been a significant
barrier to sales, iBiquitys Sapienza contended. The issue is 3No. 4 or
5 on the list of challenges, not No. 1 or 2, based on our success with
online retailers,2 he contended."

Really?S S .. Their challenge is to sell any radios.

[...]

Telamon,

Not meant to solve every {all} poor HD- Radio reception
problems.
-but- It will some many HD-Radio reception problems
and naturally cause a few new related problems.
-this- Will allow for the 'future' Next Fix to solve a few
more poor HD-Radio reception problems and so on
and so on . . .
-why- Each Fix and each Year that passes AM & FM
HD-Radio will take another 'step' along the path to All
Digital HD-Radio and the end of Analog Radio as we
know it.

- You do not understand the technology.

I understand what I understand
. . . and generally understand my limits.

- Realize that fact.

Realize That FACT [.]

I would not Argue Technology with You
-however- I would discuss Reality with You.

- --
- Telamon
- Ventura, California

Telamon,

Sadly you could argue the Technology All Day and
Win Every Point -but- This 'thing' we call IBOC is
about Government and Serving "The Greater Good"
in a Commercial Free Over-the-Air Radio System
'supported' by Paid Local Advertising. {Capitalism}

Where : $erving & $ystem & $upport are all start
with a Dollar Sign [$] .

The Greater Good being the Vast Majority of the US
Population [Two Sigma ~95%] who will at least to
some degree; be better served by HD-Radio.

The Greater Good 'being' serving the Vast Majority
of the remaining American Audio Consumers :
Who is a regular Listeners to Free Over-the-Air
AM & FM Radio.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...19ea04371106ec
Old May 19th 08, 12:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default PONG : Teli-Tard ! © 2008 RHF - You Have Pontificated Enough - Time For You To Put Up Or Shut Up !

On May 18, 9:25*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article ,
*"Radio Ron" wrote:

- - - - - - - News group retards like RHF

Newsgroup Retards like RHF )
Brilliant - Retards for RHF !

- - - - - - Anyone who comes to a different conclusion
- - - - - - or disagrees with you is a 'retard'...

That's Our Telamon.

- - - - - - Who is ruining this newsgroup by bringing crap to it?

That would be . . . Teli-Tard ! © 2008 RHF

- - - - - Well, there is none quite like RHF.
- - - - - He is the news group retard.
- - - - - Just ask him.

Telamon - I 'only' Echo What You Say

- - - - More non-shortwave crap from telomon

Then Don't Feed The Teli-Monkey [.]

- - - Enough from you.
- - - You deal with the news group retard
- - - and we will see how it works out.
- - - Time for you to put up or shut up.

Telamon - You have now become this Newsgroup
Teli-Tard ! © 2008 RHF
with every Name Calling Post and Reply.

- - Who was forcing you to "deal with him/her/it"?

Hey ! - I'm a "Me" - I have a Name "RHF"

SNIP

- You have pontificated enough.
- You try have a decent discussion
- the retard does not screw up.
- Go for it Ron.

Teli-Tard ! © 2008 RHF
A 'decent' discussion does not include the words
Retard, Moron, Idiot etc . . .

-
- --
- Telamon
- Ventura, California
-

PONG : Telamon - You Have Pontificated Enough
-ps- Teli-Tard ! © 2008 RHF
"Time For You To Put Up Or Shut Up."
Old May 19th 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 18, 7:30*pm, Rfburns wrote:
I messed up that math, it's 40% off, but the point is in another year
or so we'll see them at obscure discount stores selling for $39.95.

Take that Bob Stubble *- a.k.a. *Robert J. Struble.

We might even see them sellin at MyerEmco where iBiquity marketing
expert JR Stocks II used to work. I understand he's asked for his old
job back.

jw

The owner of Meyer-Emco lied about his company not getting bought-out.
JR must be quite the expert - notice that only losers work for
iBiquity?
Old May 19th 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 18, 7:35*pm, Rfburns wrote:
On May 18, 7:30 pm, Rfburns wrote:

I messed up that math, it's 40% off, but the point is in another year
or so we'll see them at obscure discount stores selling for $39.95.

Take that Bob Stubble *- a.k.a. *Robert J. Struble.

We might even see them sellin at MyerEmco where iBiquity marketing
expert JR Stocks II used to work. I understand he's asked for his old
job back.

jw

By The Way - iboccrock don't let em suppress you - keep the pressure up

You bet-cha!

RSE clearance sale gongo Shortwave 0 April 19th 07 09:11 AM
Pro-95 ON-SALE Clearance Ken Scanner 2 March 19th 05 08:09 PM
Motorola MX Clearance Sale $ 15.00 Ea Jmap702 Swap 0 March 27th 04 03:44 PM
APRSPoint clearance sale Michael Dx 0 August 15th 03 10:54 AM
APRSPoint clearance sale Michael Digital 0 August 15th 03 10:53 AM