Old May 20th 08, 06:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Big 89 Rewind

WLS would like to invite all listeners to 890AM or WLSAM.com on Monday, May 26th
(Memorial Day) for the 2nd Annual BIG 89 REWIND radio special. ALL DAY LONG, WLS
goes retroactive...back to the days when it was the nation’s music leader, The
Rock of Chicago. Hear Chicago's most legendary DJ's LIVE from 5AM - Midnight on
Memorial Day! This will be a true historic day in Chicago radio.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 20th 08, 08:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On May 20, 10:01*am, dxAce wrote:
-
- WLS would like to invite all listeners to 890AM
- or WLSAM.com on Monday, May 26th (Memorial Day)
- for the 2nd Annual BIG 89 REWIND radio special.
-
- ALL DAY LONG, WLS goes retroactive...
- back to the days when it was the nation’s music leader,
- The Rock of Chicago.
-
- Hear Chicago's most legendary DJ's LIVE
- from 5AM - Midnight on Memorial Day!

Is it really Live-and-in-Person ?
-or- Tapes of Old Time Shows ?

Old May 21st 08, 09:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
WLS would like to invite all listeners to 890AM or WLSAM.com on Monday, May 26th
(Memorial Day) for the 2nd Annual BIG 89 REWIND radio special. ALL DAY LONG, WLS
goes retroactive...back to the days when it was the nation’s music leader, The
Rock of Chicago. Hear Chicago's most legendary DJ's LIVE from 5AM - Midnight on
Memorial Day! This will be a true historic day in Chicago radio.

They can be hard to pick up at times. They're nearly 40 miles from here.
But thanks for the heads-up, if they play the right airchecks and clips
they could make a really good day of it. I grew up on WLS.

--
Black candidate endorsed by former Exalted Cyclops and Grand Kleagle of the
KKK! Film not at 11 or any other time... you're not supposed to know this.
Old May 21st 08, 11:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On May 21, 1:11*pm, clifto wrote:
dxAce wrote:
WLS would like to invite all listeners to 890AM or WLSAM.com on Monday, May 26th
(Memorial Day) for the 2nd Annual BIG 89 REWIND radio special. ALL DAY LONG, WLS
goes retroactive...back to the days when it was the nation’s music leader, The
Rock of Chicago. Hear Chicago's most legendary DJ's LIVE from 5AM - Midnight on
Memorial Day! This will be a true historic day in Chicago radio.

- They can be hard to pick up at times.
- They're nearly 40 miles from here.
- But thanks for the heads-up,
- if they play the right airchecks
- and clips they could make a really good day of it.
- I grew up on WLS.

Clifto - It Ain't {Real} Radio but . . .
WLS-AM 890 kHz Chicago's Talk Radio Station
has Streaming Audio via : http://www.wlsam.com/
http://www.wlsam.com/article.asp?id=152352
http://gateway.andohs.net/player/?sid=1044&nid=2920

Out here in Cali-4-Ni-Ah ! WLS in Chicago
is a hard copy during the Day ;-} ~ RHF

(OT) : 2008 Election Politics :
"America's Political Princess" Laura Schwartz on the
http://lauraschwartz.gather.com/
Roe Conn Show [WLS] just said that -if- the 2008
http://www.wlsam.com/sectional.asp?id=11390
US Presidential Election were held Today that
Democrat Barack Hussein Obama Jr. would
Trounce the Republican John "Smiley" McCain.
* heard -via- the internet : http://www.wlsam.com/
Old May 22nd 08, 02:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On May 21, 4:11*pm, dxAce wrote:
clifto wrote:
dxAce wrote:
WLS would like to invite all listeners to 890AM or WLSAM.com on Monday, May 26th
(Memorial Day) for the 2nd Annual BIG 89 REWIND radio special. ALL DAY LONG, WLS
goes retroactive...back to the days when it was the nation’s music leader, The
Rock of Chicago. Hear Chicago's most legendary DJ's LIVE from 5AM - Midnight on
Memorial Day! This will be a true historic day in Chicago radio.

They can be hard to pick up at times. They're nearly 40 miles from here.
But thanks for the heads-up, if they play the right airchecks and clips
they could make a really good day of it. I grew up on WLS.

I'm about 90-100 miles across the lake from them and they come in pretty well 24 hours
a day.

Lake Effect Show ! ;-} ~ RHF

Old May 24th 08, 07:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tue, 20 May 2008 13:01:36 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

WLS would like to invite all listeners to 890AM or WLSAM.com on Monday, May 26th
(Memorial Day) for the 2nd Annual BIG 89 REWIND radio special. ALL DAY LONG, WLS
goes retroactive...back to the days when it was the nation’s music leader, The
Rock of Chicago. Hear Chicago's most legendary DJ's LIVE from 5AM - Midnight on
Memorial Day! This will be a true historic day in Chicago radio.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Thanks for this. I first got into radio as a hobby when I was about
eight years old chasing clear-channel AM broadcasters. WLS in Chicago
was one of my earliest catches, along with stations like WBZ in
Boston, KDKA in Pittsburgh, KMOX in St. Louis, and, well...just brings
back pleasant memories. These days, I mainly chase utility stations,
but I think I'll take a day off from that on Monday night for a bit of
nostalgic tuning around on MW. :-)

73 DE John, KC2HMZ, Tonawanda, NY
TS-50/TS-450/DX-394/DX-300/Wires

Old May 24th 08, 07:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

[...]

You may know that WABC 770 in New York is apparently also doing similar programming
on Monday.

Old May 26th 08, 12:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Here's the broadcast sked. Chuck Knapp is currently on, and other notables are doing
the news.

It's a great day!

http://www.wlsam.com/goout.asp?u=http://www.wlsam.com/Article.asp?id=711668&spid=

Old May 29th 08, 07:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
clifto wrote:
dxAce wrote:
WLS would like to invite all listeners to 890AM or WLSAM.com on Monday, May 26th
(Memorial Day) for the 2nd Annual BIG 89 REWIND radio special. ALL DAY LONG, WLS
goes retroactive...back to the days when it was the nation’s music leader, The
Rock of Chicago. Hear Chicago's most legendary DJ's LIVE from 5AM - Midnight on
Memorial Day! This will be a true historic day in Chicago radio.

They can be hard to pick up at times. They're nearly 40 miles from here.
But thanks for the heads-up, if they play the right airchecks and clips
they could make a really good day of it. I grew up on WLS.

I'm about 90-100 miles across the lake from them and they come in pretty well 24 hours
a day.

I was told years ago that their grounding system went south somewhere along
the way, and they never bothered to fix it. I used to be able to null them
out with a DX-394 in Schiller Park (by ORD) by turning the radio just the
right way.

--
"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes
- and I see many of them in the audience here today - our sense of patriotism