Old May 25th 08, 02:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Save Windows XP! The clock is ticking

David wrote:

Posted by: tuxinator at February 17, 2008 05:56 AM

I've used all windows variants from 2.0, and with only a few
exceptions haven't had major issues with any

of them. And I've NEVER written anything about software good or bad
anywhere until now. This is my first

ever post anywhere on the 'Net. Neither have I used Vista, but have
fixed about 8 PCs with Vista installed

ex-shop. All have complained about slowness - bootup, software loading
and general use:

even on one high-end Core Duo 2.0gHz machine.

I'm planning to stay with XP until it falls over from old age. Mine's
a P4 2.8, 1.5gb RAM, 180GB

SATA HDD, etc etc. Was latest tech when I bought it about 2.5 years
ago, so I think it'll last for a

while yet. (Proviso being part availability.)

If there's not something less of a HOG than Vista around at the time
I'll seriously look at an

Open Source alternative, even though I haven't got a clue on
installing and configuring

it at the moment. HOG used to mean "Harley Owners' Group", but now
seems to have been overshadowed

by Vista.

Why oh why did Microsoft release such a load of rubbish -

You maybe should start playing with Ubuntu. It goes real fast. Save an
XP partition if you PC game, or edit video.

www.ubuntu.com
Old May 25th 08, 07:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Frank wrote:

Why oh why did Microsoft release such a load of rubbish -

So you're broke and stupid huh?
Figures!
Frank

So, if you have money and are stupid, Vista's your baby?
Old June 9th 08, 11:33 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.bush,alt.conspiracy

Wow - I'm not getting into this argument....

But XP is not 'dying'. It will still be available on computers
purchased with "Vista Ultimate or Vista Business" - from Dell
as they will come with an XP CD. Lenovo is offering similar,
as is Asus.

"David" wrote in message
Save Windows XP! The clock is ticking

Microsoft will end OEM and shrink-wrapped sales of Windows XP on June
30, 2008,

forcing users to shift to Vista.

Don't let that happen!

please go to the link below

and sigh the petition to Save Windows XP.

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/

After you've done all this, please consider sending this message to
all your

friends; everywhere

Thanks;

About 200,000 ( Two Hundred Thousand) other people who've already
signed the petition to Save Windows XP.

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/

PS:

Here's a little video for your enjoyment, entitled " Vista Sucks"

http://blimptv.blogspot.com/2007/11/vista-sucks.html

and some statistics on old, reliable Windows XP Being FASTER than
Vista.

http://exo-blog.blogspot.com/2007/11...am-office.html

- so Please help save Windows XP

Thanks

Old June 10th 08, 02:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"David" wrote in message
[...]

That's fine for upscale business customers; what about normal people?
Why should I have to spend more than $500 for SOHO computer?

Old June 10th 08, 05:28 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.bush,alt.conspiracy

On Jun 9, 6:57*pm, martin wrote:
Charles Ulmer Farley wrote:
Wow - I'm not getting into this argument....

But XP is not 'dying'. * *It will still be available on computers
purchased with "Vista Ultimate or Vista Business" - from Dell
as they will come with an XP CD. *Lenovo is offering similar,
as is Asus.

And HP

Nooo .! by June 18 XP won't be shipping

I called Dell, and they Do Not Know how long the XP CD feature will be
available

with Vista U/B boxes..

Go look at the Vista Forums, Vista's a Mess !

.

Old June 11th 08, 07:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 11, 8:49*am, dave wrote:
harvey wrote:
On Jun 9, 6:57 pm, martin wrote:
Charles Ulmer Farley wrote:
Wow - I'm not getting into this argument....
But XP is not 'dying'. * *It will still be available on computers
purchased with "Vista Ultimate or Vista Business" - from Dell
as they will come with an XP CD. *Lenovo is offering similar,
as is Asus.
And HP

Nooo .! by June 18 XP *won't be shipping

I called Dell, and they Do Not Know how long the XP CD feature will be
available

with Vista *U/B boxes..

Go look at the Vista Forums, Vista's a Mess !

They are keeping it alive to attempt to stop the bleeding on entry level
machines. *

No they are Not ! after the 18th, its Either Vista ( Feh !) or Ubuntu.

You might be able to find a " White Box Builder" who could assemble an
expensive machine for you.
I haven't read Anywhere that " entry Level" Machines will have
anything more than the Morass of bug Riddled Code called Vista
infecting them

Unfortunately, entry level machines run way better on Linux,
and entry level buyers have no experience so they don't expect Windows
(and couldn't care less).

True, if your a kid, or broke, what does it matter what OS you run ?
Ubuntu may be the next XP

* If all MS offers is Vista, they are saying goodbye to everyone who
spends below $500 for a computer.

Agree.. -- and they are painting themselves into a corner that way