Old May 20th 08, 07:38 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.bush,alt.conspiracy

Default Save Windows XP! The clock is ticking

Save Windows XP! The clock is ticking

Microsoft will end OEM and shrink-wrapped sales of Windows XP on June
30, 2008,

forcing users to shift to Vista.

Don't let that happen!

please go to the link below

and sigh the petition to Save Windows XP.

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/

After you've done all this, please consider sending this message to
all your

friends; everywhere

Thanks;

About 200,000 ( Two Hundred Thousand) other people who've already
signed the petition to Save Windows XP.

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/

PS:

Here's a little video for your enjoyment, entitled " Vista Sucks"

http://blimptv.blogspot.com/2007/11/vista-sucks.html

and some statistics on old, reliable Windows XP Being FASTER than
Vista.

http://exo-blog.blogspot.com/2007/11...am-office.html

- so Please help save Windows XP

Thanks

Old May 21st 08, 03:20 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.bush,alt.conspiracy

In article MCJYj.4003$KB3.2026@edtnps91, says...
On Tue, 20 May 2008 11:38:10 -0700, David wrote:

Save Windows XP! The clock is ticking

Microsoft will end OEM and shrink-wrapped sales of Windows XP on June
30, 2008,

So what!, you can use XP as long as you want to. You don't HAVE to get
Vista. It's a myth that we have to keep up with the latest hardware and
software. If your system is producing satsfactory results, why change???
You could be using 98SE and the same thing applies.
So your choice is simple, keep XP or get a real operating system !!

The whole point is that people who build PCs don't want XP to go away.

Bob

The manual said to install Windows Vista or better...
So I installed Debian.

To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it; to mess up your Window$
box, you just need to work on it.

I have a few friends who went to Linux a while back when they built new
PC's. They all went back to XP after a while. Too many hassles to do
stuff they wanted to do. I've dealt with a few clients at work running
Linux, and sometimes the simplest thing is a pain in the ass to
accomplish. Finding a solution IS slightly easier than using Microsoft's
so called help, so that's a plus for it.

--
BDK
Kook Magnet Supreme!
Old May 21st 08, 05:21 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.bush,alt.conspiracy

harvey wrote:
On May 20, 8:00 pm, Bob Hya

To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it; to mess up your Window$
box, you just need to work on it.

BS !

- why does Linux install with RECOVER MODE

He didn't say it doesn't happen. He only said that it's more
difficult than Windows, which collapses with very little provocation.

Old May 21st 08, 05:23 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.bush,alt.conspiracy

enigma wrote:
You DO know there are better alternatives, don't you?

Nothing beats Windows for GAMING.

Apparently. Appropriate for a play O/S.

Old May 21st 08, 06:14 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.bush,alt.conspiracy

"D Peter Maus" wrote in message
enigma wrote:
You DO know there are better alternatives, don't you?

Nothing beats Windows for GAMING.

Apparently. Appropriate for a play O/S.

I have nothing personally against Linux builds... but they're totally
useless to me. There is no software for my webstation that will run on it,
nor are there versions of much of the other software I have and use
constantly. Aside from that, as was brought up before, the simplest thing
to do in XP is a major PITA in Linux, unless you are practically a
command-level user: Installing new software. I have tried at least 8
different iterations of Linux, and each of them has been a major headache,
telling me things like "you need this file in order to install this other
file" or simple networking that refuses to see anything else on our LAN
(though it does pop right up onto the web... )

Old May 21st 08, 06:36 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.bush,alt.conspiracy

On Wed, 21 May 2008 04:23:32 GMT, D Peter Maus
spake thusly:

enigma wrote:
You DO know there are better alternatives, don't you?

Nothing beats Windows for GAMING.

Apparently. Appropriate for a play O/S.

Your statement is eradicative since there is nothing that is more
demanding on a computer's resources than todays games.

--

(Jim, daddy to Lesleigh [Autistic] 04/20/94)

"What, Me Worry?" A. E. Newman

Please note: All unsolicited e-mail sent to me may, at
my discretion, be posted in this newsgroup verbatim.
Old May 21st 08, 06:38 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.bush,alt.conspiracy

enigma wrote:
You DO know there are better alternatives, don't you?

Nothing beats Windows for GAMING.

Apparently. Appropriate for a play O/S.

(ack!!..my last post was screwed)

Your post is very dishonest and deceptive, since gaming is the most
demanding thing you can do to a computer.

Old May 21st 08, 06:40 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.bush,alt.conspiracy

On Wed, 21 May 2008 04:21:12 GMT, D Peter Maus
spake thusly:

harvey wrote:
On May 20, 8:00 pm, Bob Hya

To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it; to mess up your Window$
box, you just need to work on it.

BS !

- why does Linux install with RECOVER MODE

He didn't say it doesn't happen. He only said that it's more
difficult than Windows, which collapses with very little provocation.

Bull! Absolute bull.

Old May 21st 08, 06:46 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.bush,alt.conspiracy

On May 20, 8:54 pm, "enigma" wrote:
You DO know there are better alternatives, don't you?

Nothing beats Windows for GAMING.

Videogame systems do at this point and time. They have more genres in
a larger number of software. You have massive multiplayer and
strategy games on the PC, but beyond that, is slim pickings.

- Rich
Old May 21st 08, 07:06 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.bush,alt.conspiracy

On Wed, 21 May 2008 14:14:15 +0900, "Brenda Ann"
spake thusly:

enigma wrote:
You DO know there are better alternatives, don't you?

Nothing beats Windows for GAMING.

Apparently. Appropriate for a play O/S.

I have nothing personally against Linux builds... but they're totally
useless to me. There is no software for my webstation that will run on it,
nor are there versions of much of the other software I have and use
constantly. Aside from that, as was brought up before, the simplest thing
to do in XP is a major PITA in Linux, unless you are practically a
command-level user: Installing new software. I have tried at least 8
different iterations of Linux, and each of them has been a major headache,
telling me things like "you need this file in order to install this other
file" or simple networking that refuses to see anything else on our LAN
(though it does pop right up onto the web... )

I know what you mean. Windows never crashes on me like many Linux
users claim it does. I tried several flavour's of Linux, the latest
being Kubuntu 8.04. There was just no value to it. It was less stable
than Windows XP. It was slower than Windows XP.

When you get right down to it, the only real problem with Windows is
that it's too popular. Like the Dead Kennedy's said, "The dumbest buy
the mostest". Lots of clueless people who make things difficult for
themselves then blame the OS. Also, many application providers write
some pretty crappy code, trying to cash in on Windows popularity.