Old May 27th 08, 08:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Great radios!

Well -- I like to Dx as much as the rest of you. My R8B (last new one from
Universal) and the R75. Super Duper radios aren't they? I'll keep 'em no
matter what. Use 'em every evening almost.

Howwwwwweverrrrrr---My all time favorite = Sangean WFR 20 (got two of
'em)---Check it out fellows. It sure pulls in 890 real well ACE.

Check out the Reciva web site.

Yeah I know --Just an Internet radio right? BUT WHAT A RADIO!!!!!!!

On topic---- Telamon--------------the topic is radios.

It's amazing this radio does what all my shortwave radios cannot do.

Any opinions???

Old May 27th 08, 08:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Hangman" wrote in message
Well -- I like to Dx as much as the rest of you. My R8B (last new one
from Universal) and the R75. Super Duper radios aren't they? I'll keep
'em no matter what. Use 'em every evening almost.

Howwwwwweverrrrrr---My all time favorite = Sangean WFR 20 (got two of
'em)---Check it out fellows. It sure pulls in 890 real well ACE.

Check out the Reciva web site.

Yeah I know --Just an Internet radio right? BUT WHAT A RADIO!!!!!!!

On topic---- Telamon--------------the topic is radios.

It's amazing this radio does what all my shortwave radios cannot do.

Any opinions???

By the way check out Sky.fm (new age)

A little harder---would be Special Radio from Russia (also new age). Hell,
I'm almost 60--and well I like used to be ---(ROCK ROLL
MAN!) ----However --Get you head all buzzed and tune the NEW AGE in. Good
Stuff.

Radios chg and so does the music.

It's a good thing!!!

Old May 28th 08, 04:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"Frank" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"Hangman" wrote:

Well -- I like to Dx as much as the rest of you. My R8B (last new one
from
Universal) and the R75. Super Duper radios aren't they? I'll keep 'em
no
matter what. Use 'em every evening almost.

Howwwwwweverrrrrr---My all time favorite = Sangean WFR 20 (got two of
'em)---Check it out fellows. It sure pulls in 890 real well ACE.

Check out the Reciva web site.

Yeah I know --Just an Internet radio right? BUT WHAT A RADIO!!!!!!!

On topic---- Telamon--------------the topic is radios.

It's amazing this radio does what all my shortwave radios cannot do.

Any opinions???

I'm a fan of the Drake R8B. It was a sad day when Drake stopped making
them. I use mine nearly every day.

I used to have the big expensive tabletops. I sold them a few years ago. I
use a Sony 2010 and it does a remarkably good job even on ham and SSB
utilities.

My point is this. Is there really that much to listen to on shortwave now to
justify spending $1000 for the good tabletops?

A good tabletop radio AND outdoor antenna will let you hear more of what
is out there. Most evenings I am listening to RA, RNZ and sometimes RN,
a few domestic broadcasters, and a few non-english language stations
broadcasting music. Then there is Russia, China, Taiwan, and there are
still a few BBC broadcasts around for starters.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California