Old June 26th 08, 05:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default U.S. Government Is Still the Best Money Can Buy!

US Supreme Court Slashes Fine Against EXXON-MOBIL OIL by
$2,000,000,000 (from $2,5 BILLION to only $500 million). Which the oil
company has managed to avoid paying for poisoning Alaskan waters
nearly 20 years ago. Record profits from $4 a gallon gas isn't enough
for them.
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

On same day the crooks in Congress and the White House pass a bill
that will protect the Telecommunications corporations from billions of
dollars in lawsuits by people whose civil rights and privacy they
violated by illegally spying on them on behalf of the government.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080625/...urveillance_dc

Corruption has become so commonplace and transparent today they don't
even try to cover it up like they used to. And why not, they know
American dumbasses won't do anything about it.

I recall an interview of a retired and once very powerful US Senator.
He was asked how Congress consistently managed to get away with acting
against the interests of the nation and the taxpayers. I will never
forget his response:

"It's simple, there are no consequences for our actions because the
American public has an attention span of 3 days. We would joke that it
was like getting bit by a mosquito - there would be some itching for a
day or two but then it would be gone."
Old June 26th 08, 11:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jun 25, 9:03*pm, Tex wrote:
[...]

U$ ¢ongre$$ = Follow-the-Money = Bu$ine$$ & Politi¢$
Old June 26th 08, 01:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Tex wrote:
US Supreme Court Slashes Fine Against EXXON-MOBIL OIL by
$2,000,000,000 (from $2,5 BILLION to only $500 million). Which the oil
company has managed to avoid paying for poisoning Alaskan waters
nearly 20 years ago. Record profits from $4 a gallon gas isn't enough
for them.

-This- Administration and the Supreme Court being pro big business? Gee,
what a surprise...
Old June 28th 08, 09:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
Tex wrote:

On Jun 26, 9:01 am, "MNMikeW" wrote:
"Tex" wrote in message

US Supreme Court Slashes Fine Against EXXON-MOBIL OIL by
$2,000,000,000 (from $2,5 BILLION to only $500 million). Which the oil
company has managed to avoid paying for poisoning Alaskan waters
nearly 20 years ago. Record profits from $4 a gallon gas isn't enough
for them.
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Finally some sanity from the SCOTUS.

Perhaps you wouldn't be so smug if one of the 40,000 human victims of
the disaster were one of your loved ones.

Why not go post this in a political news group? It does not belong here.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California