Old June 28th 08, 03:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Drake R8 POP..On turn on

Justis wrote:
Certainly is and so is Drake(Canada), in Peterborough Ontario

But that's still Drake.

"D Peter Maus" wrote in message
Justis wrote:
It wasn't actually serviced, they said it was in perfect condition.
Durham Radio

Not to put an eye out, or anything, but...here's a surprise...that is a
Canadian company.

"dxAce" wrote in message
Justis wrote:

I just had my R8 in for a checkup(I bought it used recently) and the
receiver
has a pop in the speaker when turning it on.
The tecky says this is normal with all R8's. Is this true? I think not.
He also said the alignment is A1...can I believe him now? !@#$%
Sometime it even emits a short duration and diminishing in volume,
bronx
cheer when turned on.
Anyone experienced this with their set?
Saw your post earlier today on the Yahoo group and I tried mine out and
no pop
here, nor bronx cheer.

Where did you have yours serviced?

Old June 28th 08, 04:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Justis wrote:
So what's your point? 'Not here to quibble over minor things. It's going
to Drake, end of discussion!

So the discussion ends with the question, but before the answer.

Nicely done.

Old June 28th 08, 10:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Instigator, right? I don't have any problems with anyone here in this group
and never have nor do I have time for this childish nonsense. Most act in a
manner which contributes to the group. Not only respectful to others but
they take the time to make this group what it is. Then there are the
winers and straight up "assholes" that waste the groups time and end up
getting filtered out, not achieving anything for their efforts. Please
don't make this an issue!

Old June 28th 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"Justis" wrote:

Instigator, right?

SNIP

Let us know when you get it fixed.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old June 28th 08, 10:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Thanks, I will.

Old June 28th 08, 10:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Justis wrote:
Instigator, right? I don't have any problems with anyone here in this group
and never have nor do I have time for this childish nonsense. Most act in a
manner which contributes to the group. Not only respectful to others but
they take the time to make this group what it is. Then there are the
winers and straight up "assholes" that waste the groups time and end up
getting filtered out, not achieving anything for their efforts. Please
don't make this an issue!

You seem to be the one making the issue.