Old July 9th 08, 02:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default IBiquity - Where's the "HD" in "HD" radio?

dxAce wrote:

Caught again, 'Eduardo', you are a f00kin liar.

08/02/15 10:58 PM

I really don't want to say this, my many shortwave friends, but I find
that I am giving up far to much of my increasingly valuable time here
on RRS trying to educate the faux, the debutantes, and those who tote..

Therefore, I've simply decided to give up RRS.

Goodbye, I sincerely hope that you all find your niche in
the world of SW.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Due to the insane amount of spam and garbage, this filter
blocks all postings from Gmail, Google Mail and Google Groups.

http://improve-usenet.org/
Old July 9th 08, 02:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
As to AM in Carlsbad, you are at the fringe of the AM signals
of the San Diego HD AMs, so dropout would be likely on a bad
receiver. The fact is that SD does not even have an AM that
totally covers the market with a usable signal.

2nd model maybe, not second generation.

First generation used several separate chips. Second, starting
with the BA Receptor, used an integrated chip, third generation
coming in next few months.

Nope. All radios so far are using general purpose IC programmed by
EPROM to run the Ibiquity application.

I'll let you know when an IC that specifically designed for IBOC
comes around.

Gen 1 was a bunch of chips... gen 2 is one EPROM (which in general
parlance, is a chip). Gen 3 includes the Samsung and other "radio on
a chip" products.

Gen 1 was the Pioneer car radio nearly every CE of an early HD
station had.

The program is stored on an EPROM it does not run on an EPROM. An EPROM
is just a memory element. Since there are no IC elements designed for
IBOC yet you need to use a general purpose DSP IC that can do many tasks
depending on how you program it. These part don't have permanent memory
so you use a part like an EPROM to store the program.

An IC designed for IBOC will not need an EPROM.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old July 9th 08, 02:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Bottom line, you are a proven pathological liar, and we'd all be better served
if you simply took your shtick elsewhere!

Old July 9th 08, 02:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

m II wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Bottom line, you are a proven pathological liar, and we'd all be better served
if you simply took your shtick elsewhere!

[snip]

Give it up Canuck, it ain't workin' for ya!

Old July 9th 08, 02:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Bob Dobbs" wrote in message
Rfburns wrote:

There a millions of analog receivers that work perfectly and all but a
few deluded insiders, like yourself, are perfectly happy with the
performance of analog radio. There are hundreds of local AM stations
that serve their areas well and they are still in business and
hopefully will be for a long time.

But your type, which is controlled by greed and convinced of their
superiority, both technical and intellectual, would put them out of
business in a second if you could. You are pathetic.

He acts like a stereotypical jew
selfish inconsiderate egotistical

First, I am not Jewish, although I see nothing wrong with being a Jew.

Second, I am being realistic.

SNIP

As in what? Radio shack?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old July 9th 08, 02:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Eduardo – Your view of life is distorted by your greed. You, and
people like you, are the problem. Your arguments are both bogus and
biased and always self-serving.

I suppose when you can't win the argument on facts, you can always resort to
personal attacks.

Old July 9th 08, 02:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Dave" wrote in message
A Brown wrote:
There a millions of analog receivers that work perfectly and all but a
few deluded insiders, like yourself, are perfectly happy with the
performance of analog radio.

And they can continue to enjoy them in analog.

HD radio simply adds more functionality.

No one istaking away analog radio

Bull****. Every HD FM channel uses 3 analog channels. HD AM uses 5
analog channels.

Wrong. Wanna try again...?

Old July 9th 08, 03:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

You are absolutely insane.

No, you are pathological, and now making excuses.

A two day difference in time 11 years ago has nothing to do with 70 years
of
contribution to a community. Read the article, not just the date.

A two day difference in reading a fuzzy JPEG from
11 years ago has no significance to any argument. The issue here was
show
you that my mother was not a "socialite" but a very involved and
dedicated
member of the community where she lived. A two day difference in a
date
is
of zero meaning in this. Nice try at obfuscating, though.

You are the one who is obfuscating, 'Eduardo'.

How about looking elsewhere on the site, and you will find the most
complete
collection of early Radex, Whites, Stevenson's and other radio logs,
available in complete form, from my collection.

So?

There are dozens more
Radexes I am scanning day by day, as well as White's from Radio TV
Experimenter from 1958 (when White died) till the end of the 60's ready
scan.

So?

Not only do all these represent many hours of work to scan, they
represent
making available to everyone a collection that cost thousands of dollars
build and which I rendered valueless by cutting the spine for scanning.

So?

Soon
you will see and even more extensive collection of early Broadcasting
Yearbooks, some costing as much as $600 each, chopped and scanned so all
can
access them... a sample 1972 book is already there for "practice" as I
figure out how to make the books easily accessible. Indexed PDFs will be
used on future items, too.

So?

What have you done except whine about a two day (alleged) difference in a
scanned date... it still looks like a 23 to me, anyway.

So? (yet again) What does the above have to do with the fact that YOU, are
pathological liar and have been so for over 50 years?

This is over your concern about whether a scan of a 1997 newspaper says
April, 21 or April 23. Whichever the case, it has nothing to do with the
reason I referenced the scan which was to show that, far from being a
"socialite" my mother was very much ahead of her time in being a social
activist and the first woman on the board of a number of Cleveland
institutions, including the county hospital system.

By the way, I just posted the Winter 1949 Whites Log, which is the first to
have a full FM section by location and frequency. It's very interesting to
peruse.

Old July 9th 08, 03:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

[...]

But, she still tossed your sorry ass, because, at least at that time you were
an embarrassment to you,

By the way, I just posted the Winter 1949 Whites Log, which is the first to
have a full FM section by location and frequency. It's very interesting to
peruse.

Great, but that has nothing to do with the fact that you were an embarrassment
to your mother!

Try and obfuscate some more, you little pervert!

Old July 9th 08, 03:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jul 7, 7:21*pm, m II wrote:
D Peter Maus wrote:
* "Would Jesus Wear a Rolex?"

* * * * * * *--Chet Atkins, Margaret Archer.

- Devil worshipping homosexuals wear Rolexes.
-
- mike

Mike that would explain the "Rolex" Logo
that is tattooed on your forehead. ~ RHF
http://www.golfresortsintl.com/images/rolex_logo.jpg