Old July 9th 08, 05:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default IBiquity - Where's the "HD" in "HD" radio?

"dxAce" wrote in message

It was not, and in your typical fashion, you come back to obfuscate,
confuse,
and BS as best you can.

Take a walk, butt****.

And, 'Eddy', may I be so bold as to state that the best part of you
obviously
dripped down your mothers leg.

Are you still drinking so far into the morning? This kind of comment defines
you as a vulgar and insensitive person of limited education and culture.
When one has to engage in vulgarity and profanity to make what they think is
a point, they are either not quite right or they are under the influence of
something.

Old July 9th 08, 08:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jul 9, 9:48*am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
- - "RHF" wrote in message
- - news:ca2fc371-9ec2-45da-94a5-
- - D'Oh ! -if- AM/MW Radio's Audience is mostly
- - over the Age of 55 Years : Program for Them
- - and Find Advertisers who want to Sell to Them.
- -
- - nah that would be to simple ~ RHF

- Except for small markets, there are no such advertisers.
- I asked recently about LA and how many agency buys
- targeted 55+ and was told, "none."
-*There are no advertisers who want 55+ in the significant
- radio metro areas.

The Greater Fools Are They : My Dollars are Just as Green
as a 20 Year Olds and I have a lot more of them too . . .
Old July 9th 08, 08:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

It was not, and in your typical fashion, you come back to obfuscate,
confuse,
and BS as best you can.

Take a walk, butt****.

And, 'Eddy', may I be so bold as to state that the best part of you
obviously
dripped down your mothers leg.

Are you still drinking so far into the morning? This kind of comment defines
you as a vulgar and insensitive person of limited education and culture.
When one has to engage in vulgarity and profanity to make what they think is
a point, they are either not quite right or they are under the influence of
something.

Uh-huh.. at least I'm not so screwed up that I need to lie about everything
under the sun nor do I need to pretend to be Hispanic!

Old July 9th 08, 09:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
For us boomers, radio is becoming a medium that simply ignores us and
doesn't program for or to us, and so is committing a slow suicide.

There is no money in programming to those over 55, so there is no specific
programming... such as standards or 50's oldies... as it is not
profitable. Suicide would be programming to an audience for which there is
no advertiser interest.

That's lovely circular logic, Eduardo. There's no programming because there
are no sales because there is no programming. A self fulfilling prophecy.

Old July 9th 08, 10:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Dave" wrote in message
On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 11:48:57 -0400, Anonymous wrote:

If you notice there is no outcry of complaints among radio
listeners....only here in geek groups.

So why doesn't Citadel use IBOC at night on many stations out west?

Most of the AMs they suspended night HD on have come back. Some they are not
bringing back, due to interference issues.

The fact is that HD can not slow down or halt the decline of AM usage... the
band is beyond that. When, market after market, usage by the age groups that
sustain radio (meaning 18 to 54 years of age) is dropping into single digit
shares of listening in the daytime and even thinner listening in the night
daypart.

With AM's only major formats, news/talk and sports talk, moving steadily to
FM, we will end up with market after market filled with AMs broadcasting
brokered shows, religious formats and very niche ethnic formats (like Farsi
in LA or Polish in Chicago).

Whether one company does or does not use HD on AM is irrelevant as the mass
appeal talk formats move to FM.

Old July 9th 08, 10:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

- - "RHF" wrote in message
- - news:ca2fc371-9ec2-45da-94a5-
- - D'Oh ! -if- AM/MW Radio's Audience is mostly
- - over the Age of 55 Years : Program for Them
- - and Find Advertisers who want to Sell to Them.
- -
- - nah that would be to simple ~ RHF

- Except for small markets, there are no such advertisers.
- I asked recently about LA and how many agency buys
- targeted 55+ and was told, "none."
- There are no advertisers who want 55+ in the significant
- radio metro areas.

The Greater Fools Are They : My Dollars are Just as Green
as a 20 Year Olds and I have a lot more of them too . . .

They are very smart... companies like P&G and Lever and Toyota and Coke and
Bud and on and on have done extensive research and know there is no return
on investment in advertising consumer goods and services to that age group.
Old July 9th 08, 10:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

[...]

You keep insisting on the same two points. 1. You have not proven one single
lie and, 2. a person who grows up and lives for nearly 50 years in a culture
becomes of that culture. "Hispanic" is a culture, not a race or
nationality,,, one I have been a part of for all my adult life and many of
my adolescent years... you can bet I am not "American" in the stereotypical
"Leave it to Beaver" or "Mayberry" style.

Old July 9th 08, 10:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Bart Bailey" wrote in message
In posted on Wed,
9 Jul 2008 09:48:49 -0700, David Eduardo wrote: Begin

Except for small markets, there are no such advertisers. I asked recently
about LA and how many agency buys targeted 55+ and was told, "none."
There
are no advertisers who want 55+ in the significant radio metro areas.

So when stations advertise term life, prepaid burial policies, etc.
they're going after the youngsters?

Most of those are PI, or "Per Inquiry" ads, which pay by the lead, not by
the spot. When you have unsold time, or have to fill in a network break, you
run that stuff and it may bring in a few dollars. But you can't sustain a
station with that stuff. Many of the late night ads, like C.C. Crane and the
like, are also PI accounts. It's only a tiny bit better than running the Ad
Council PSAs.

Old July 9th 08, 11:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Right... you are simply a 'full of ****' American. A minority.

Old July 9th 08, 11:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

[...]

Yes, and I've proven consistently that you are indeed a pathological liar. You,
being a proven pathological liar since you were 12 years old or so, refuse to
acknowledge that fact. So be it.