Old July 8th 08, 09:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default IBiquity - Where's the "HD" in "HD" radio?

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Don't forget that his mama kicked him out of Cleveland because he was
an
embarrassment to her and her socialite pretensions.

Teens are not kicked out of anything but high school.

http://www.davidgleason.com/1946_Family.htm

A person who gets a front page obit in a top-15 circulation daily does
not
have "pretentions" to anything... they are already recognized community
leaders, not "socialites."

So? She did get you to hit the road so as to not be an embarrassment, did
she
not?

No, that was my decision and desire... I was bored and suffering in school
in the US, and wanted to do something different.

Ya know, 'Eduardo', I don't believe you.

Old July 8th 08, 09:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Don't forget that his mama kicked him out of Cleveland because he was
an
embarrassment to her and her socialite pretensions.

Teens are not kicked out of anything but high school.

http://www.davidgleason.com/1946_Family.htm

A person who gets a front page obit in a top-15 circulation daily does
not
have "pretentions" to anything... they are already recognized community
leaders, not "socialites."

Are you really certain that the Plain Dealer put obits on the front page?
I'll
have to check that out as well!

It did in this case. My stepfather was the publisher of the Plain Dealer and
my stepbrother the editor.

Well, as is done here, the names themselves are put on the front page, but the
obits are a page or three into the paper.

I'll get to my local library tomorrow and try and obtain those back issues of
the Plain Dealer!

Old July 8th 08, 09:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

He acts like a stereotypical jew
selfish inconsiderate egotistical

Well, there goes your credibility in any discussion Bob Dobb!

Creds went right to the top because,
yes fracklekike, you do act like a typical jew.
Not saying you are one, or that if you were you wouldn't deny it,
just that you acted like one.

I guess Bob Dobb goes into the killfile, as it appears he has nothing
worthwile to offer.

PLONK

Old July 8th 08, 09:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Jamming other stations with fat sloppy digital sidebands is indeed
'taking away' those other stations.

These "other stations" that you mention being taken away are not
stations that were ever protected in your area.

These stations were never meant to service your area. Radio signals go
on virtuallity till infinity. We have not protected stations to
infinity.

It's a cost vs. reward scenario. There are a few DX-ers who might not
be happy....but many more reap the benefits of HD radio.

Some of don't live in cities. We are involuntary DXers.

Where is this that you don't have any local radio service?

Again...it may disurb a few DX-ers...but brings much funtionality and
potential to the state of broadcasting.

A few whiners...but the majority get better radio.

Old July 8th 08, 10:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Bart Bailey" wrote in message
In posted on
Tue, 08 Jul 2008 14:48:20 -0500, Dave wrote: Begin

There was a time when Pacifica ran NPR stuff, and they used the same CPB
satellite.

I do seem to remember those days, but I wouldn't know anymore,
since there's an international jammer XLNC operating out of Tijuana MX
that has deliberately obstructed my reception of Pacifica KPFK.

KPFK, as I have mentioned before, is only protected, nationally and
internationally, to the theoretical contour of a conforming (50 kw at 500
feet) Class B FM in LA.

KPFK has no protected coverage in San Diego County. XHLNC (All Mexican
independent FMs start with XH and may have on to 4 more letters) is a legal
operation approved by the Comisión Mixta of the US and Mexican delegates and
it fully conforms to US technical requirements.

Old July 8th 08, 10:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Bart Bailey" wrote in message
In posted on
Tue, 08 Jul 2008 14:49:53 -0500, Dave wrote: Begin

Some of don't live in cities. We are involuntary DXers.

Anonymous D'Wardo doesn't care about the egalitarian aspects of
broadcasting, just how much money can be exploited from it.
That other guy was right, there is an ethnic pattern with him.

If there is no evidence of stations being used in the way you describe (and
it's hard to find evidence of anyone under 45 to 50 even using AM at all)
then how can you "protect" something that has no use? Of course, none of the
HD interference impinges on the protected groundwave contours of stations,
anyway.

Old July 8th 08, 10:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

I'll get to my local library tomorrow and try and obtain those back issues
of
the Plain Dealer!

You will find it below the fold in the Monday, 4/23 edition of the Plain
Dealer.

Front page.

Old July 8th 08, 10:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"Bart Bailey" wrote in message
In posted on
Tue, 08 Jul 2008 14:49:53 -0500, Dave wrote: Begin

Some of don't live in cities. We are involuntary DXers.

Anonymous D'Wardo doesn't care about the egalitarian aspects of
broadcasting, just how much money can be exploited from it.
That other guy was right, there is an ethnic pattern with him.

If there is no evidence of stations being used in the way you describe (and
it's hard to find evidence of anyone under 45 to 50 even using AM at all)
then how can you "protect" something that has no use? Of course, none of the
HD interference impinges on the protected groundwave contours of stations,
anyway.

Stuff a burrito in it, 'Eduardo'. IBOC interference screws up plenty of
reception.

Old July 8th 08, 10:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Bart Bailey" wrote in message

That must have been in the days of high educational standards,
unlike nowadays.

The standards were very high, as I was not in a public school. I was still
bored, as the classes moved and a dul and grindingly slow pace.

With Bush's 'no tard left behind' program,
they help you memorize the dummied down test until you pass.

I simply wanted to go run a radio station, not listen to stuff I already
knew (or classes where I could read the books and references in one
weekend).

Maybe you could go back for some remedial credits?

I did go back... to college... ten years later and had a 4.0 GPA. It was
still boring, but at least I picked classes that would be of value to me and
I had a job on the side that kept me amused to some extent.

Old July 8th 08, 10:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

[...]

DX reception. The DXer is not a protected class.