Old July 9th 08, 12:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default IBiquity - Where's the "HD" in "HD" radio?

"dxAce" wrote in message

So then what you posted http://www.davidgleason.com/1946_Family.htm is
not the
front page article as you claimed.

Shame on you, you worthless little faux Hispanic!

Caught again, 'Eduardo', you are a f00kin liar.

Who cares? The obit is more complete than the front page article, and, I
suppose this is why many years ago when I put the scan on the page I put the
more complete one on... at some point, I can dig up the original and scan
it, too, although those things live at a different and more distant house,
where I have more storage. The fact still remains, posted to a site or no,
if you look for the PD for that date, you will find the NEWS story on the
front page.

Old July 9th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

So then what you posted http://www.davidgleason.com/1946_Family.htm is
not the
front page article as you claimed.

Shame on you, you worthless little faux Hispanic!

Caught again, 'Eduardo', you are a f00kin liar.

Who cares? The obit is more complete than the front page article, and, I
suppose this is why many years ago when I put the scan on the page I put the
more complete one on... at some point, I can dig up the original and scan
it, too, although those things live at a different and more distant house,
where I have more storage. The fact still remains, posted to a site or no,
if you look for the PD for that date, you will find the NEWS story on the
front page.

Give it up, Eddy, and stop coming back making excuses... you're making real
Hispanics look bad!

Old July 9th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
1997, right? I'll be certain to check it out.

Or check with Tom Vail, the editor of the paper at the time and her
stepson.

Interesting though that 4/23/1997 is a Wednesday (which you say is a
Monday),
whilst the obit that you show was published on Monday 4/21/1997 on what
is
obviously an interior page.

I can not read the date, and I do not have the source article at work
with
me, as I actually don't carry everything around with me for 24/7 access.
If
you say it says the 21st, then you have better eysight than me... it
looks
like a 23 to me.

Ah, you're making excuses again... as usual!

Really, what difference does it make? 2 days difference, 11 years ago... we
are not talking about a stock trade or a deed here. For all practical
purposes, the month or even the year are insignificant in that we are
talking about the contributions of a person to a community over a period of
nearly 70 years.

Old July 9th 08, 12:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
1997, right? I'll be certain to check it out.

Or check with Tom Vail, the editor of the paper at the time and her
stepson.

Interesting though that 4/23/1997 is a Wednesday (which you say is a
Monday),
whilst the obit that you show was published on Monday 4/21/1997 on what
is
obviously an interior page.

I can not read the date, and I do not have the source article at work
with
me, as I actually don't carry everything around with me for 24/7 access.
If
you say it says the 21st, then you have better eysight than me... it
looks
like a 23 to me.

Ah, you're making excuses again... as usual!

Really, what difference does it make?

You always come back to the same excuse, don't you?

Bottom line, you are a proven pathological liar, and we'd all be better served
if you simply took your shtick elsewhere!

Old July 9th 08, 01:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

[...]

You are absolutely insane. A two day difference in reading a fuzzy JPEG from
11 years ago has no significance to any argument. The issue here was to show
you that my mother was not a "socialite" but a very involved and dedicated
member of the community where she lived. A two day difference in a date is
of zero meaning in this. Nice try at obfuscating, though.

Old July 9th 08, 01:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

[...]

No, you are pathological, and now making excuses.

A two day difference in reading a fuzzy JPEG from
11 years ago has no significance to any argument. The issue here was to show
you that my mother was not a "socialite" but a very involved and dedicated
member of the community where she lived. A two day difference in a date is
of zero meaning in this. Nice try at obfuscating, though.

You are the one who is obfuscating, 'Eduardo'.

Give up the shtick, boy!

Old July 9th 08, 01:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

You are absolutely insane.

No, you are pathological, and now making excuses.

A two day difference in time 11 years ago has nothing to do with 70 years of
contribution to a community. Read the article, not just the date.

A two day difference in reading a fuzzy JPEG from
11 years ago has no significance to any argument. The issue here was to
show
you that my mother was not a "socialite" but a very involved and
dedicated
member of the community where she lived. A two day difference in a date
is
of zero meaning in this. Nice try at obfuscating, though.

You are the one who is obfuscating, 'Eduardo'.

How about looking elsewhere on the site, and you will find the most complete
collection of early Radex, Whites, Stevenson's and other radio logs,
available in complete form, from my collection. There are dozens more
Radexes I am scanning day by day, as well as White's from Radio TV
Experimenter from 1958 (when White died) till the end of the 60's ready to
scan.

Not only do all these represent many hours of work to scan, they represent
making available to everyone a collection that cost thousands of dollars to
build and which I rendered valueless by cutting the spine for scanning. Soon
you will see and even more extensive collection of early Broadcasting
Yearbooks, some costing as much as $600 each, chopped and scanned so all can
access them... a sample 1972 book is already there for "practice" as I
figure out how to make the books easily accessible. Indexed PDFs will be
used on future items, too.

What have you done except whine about a two day (alleged) difference in a
scanned date... it still looks like a 23 to me, anyway.

Old July 9th 08, 01:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

[...]

So?

[...]

So? (yet again) What does the above have to do with the fact that YOU, are a
pathological liar and have been so for over 50 years?

Old July 9th 08, 02:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
Dave wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
Dave wrote:

On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 18:35:41 +0000, D Peter Maus wrote:

money. Why do pirates go on the air?

In the USA, Radio is always about the money. ALWAYS.

If you don't think NPR, PRI are not about the money, you need to
return your bong.

I don't have a bong.

SNIP

You got a pipe.

Do you drink?

I don't drink and post.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old July 9th 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
Dave wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
As to AM in Carlsbad, you are at the fringe of the AM signals of the San
Diego HD AMs, so dropout would be likely on a bad receiver. The fact is
that
SD does not even have an AM that totally covers the market with a usable
signal.
2nd model maybe, not second generation.
First generation used several separate chips. Second, starting with the BA
Receptor, used an integrated chip, third generation coming in next few
months.

Nope. All radios so far are using general purpose IC programmed by EPROM
to run the Ibiquity application.

I'll let you know when an IC that specifically designed for IBOC comes
around.

Isn't there an off the shelf MPEG4 decoder involved?

Not as far as I know.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California