Old August 28th 08, 02:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default SPECIAL: Arctic Ice Melt Speeding Up

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0..._n_121970.html

"Last year was an unusual year when wind currents and other weather
conditions coincided with global warming to worsen sea ice melt, Serreze
said. Scientists wondered if last year was an unusual event or the start
of a new and disturbing trend.

This year's results suggest the latter because the ice had recovered a
bit more than usual thanks to a somewhat cooler winter, Serreze said.
Then this month, when the melting rate usually slows, it sped up
instead, he said."
-AP
Old August 28th 08, 08:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 28, 9:33 am, Dave wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0...-drops-to-2_n_...

"Last year was an unusual year when wind currents and other weather
conditions coincided with global warming to worsen sea ice melt, Serreze
said. Scientists wondered if last year was an unusual event or the start
of a new and disturbing trend.

This year's results suggest the latter because the ice had recovered a
bit more than usual thanks to a somewhat cooler winter, Serreze said.
Then this month, when the melting rate usually slows, it sped up
instead, he said."
-AP

- So how does that affect me?

Does it affect the RNC up in The Twin Cities?

I don't live anywhere around the Artic..

Old August 28th 08, 08:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Meanwhile, there is more snow in the Anartic.It is always snowing
somewhere on Earth.
cuhulin

Old August 28th 08, 09:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 12:12:31 -0700, cheley_bonstell88 wrote:

- So how does that affect me?

Does it affect the RNC up in The Twin Cities?

I don't live anywhere around the Artic..

It affects everyone. The thermohaline circulator requires a precise mix
of cold/warm/salt/fresh water in the oceans near Greenland. If the
circulator changes famines ensue.

Old August 28th 08, 11:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 28, 4:46 pm, Dave wrote:
On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 12:12:31 -0700, cheley_bonstell88 wrote:

- So how does that affect me?

Does it affect the RNC up in The Twin Cities?

I don't live anywhere around the Artic..

It affects everyone. The thermohaline circulator requires a precise mix
of cold/warm/salt/fresh water in the oceans near Greenland. If the
circulator changes famines ensue.

Thermohaline Circulator ?
Whazzat ?

- So I go down to the Piggly Wiggly and buy Groceries..

Wheres the famine ?

**** the Polar Bears..

Old August 28th 08, 11:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

And those stupid bamboo eating bears too.I HATE bears!

Piggly Wiggly pioneered a lot of things we take for granted at the food
stores.
cuhulin

Old August 29th 08, 01:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 28, 6:51 pm, wrote:
And those stupid bamboo eating bears too.I HATE bears!

Piggly Wiggly pioneered a lot of things we take for granted at the food
stores.
cuhulin

70 Hour week,

low wages

No Health Benefits
Old August 29th 08, 03:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce said :

More k00k fodder.

Coming over tonight, stud?

Cowboy
Old August 29th 08, 09:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Cowboy wrote:

dxAce said :

More k00k fodder.

Coming over tonight, stud?

Let me guess... you live on Brokeback Mountain?