Old September 6th 08, 09:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default MW DX'ing

On Sep 5, 11:24*pm, "Michael" wrote:
Havent seen conditions for MW this good in a long time. *WBT 1110 in
Charlotte NC & WTAM in Cleveland are usually good here, but tonight they
sound like locals. * 760 WJR in Detroit is amazingly clear and regular just
so long as you use SSB. *For the first time, I'm hearing 870 WWL in New
Orleans. *I can copy it with LSB only. Very sloppy but I got the station ID
above the clutter. *That is a first for me.

Michael

North NJ
R75
Inverted L

Hey Michael,
I read your post and went to work for the last three hours, indeed
conditions are good at my QTH here in Cincinnati, Ohio. I see you are
in Jersey- I easily logged the ones you stated by I am in a better
spot for that than you. I have been trying for the last three to four
years to grab some of the really rare BCB DX in mid America. All the
stations I have been trying to log are under 250w and some of them
only use that much just for things like high school football and such.
Now with high school football season starting it will help on Friday
nights. :-)
Here is the list of some of the ones that are really 'rare medium wave
dx catches'.

540 KWMT IA 172 watts
550 KFRM KS 110
560 WMIK Ky 88
570 WIDS KY 42
570 WMAM MI 100
600 WKLW KY 43
610 WRUS KY 59
610 KCSR NE 118
630 WDGY WI 130
640 WMFN MI 230
690 KSTL MO 18
690 KOAQ NE 65
690 WVCY WI 70
730 WFMW ky 215
730 WJMT WI 127
****I'll stop with that. I have been trying to log 'something-
anything' on 540 for at least a couple of years. Many are in there
fighting - I have three different loops and a turntable and some
outside antennas also. Just have to be there at the right time and for
that specific freq. it just hasn't happened for me. :-I I have a list
of the ones on 540 - will be exciting when I finally verify one.

Old September 6th 08, 10:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 6, 10:26*am, BCBlazysusan wrote:
[...]

Good hunting - the fun with MW DXing is you can always expect the
unexpected. The trick is to have your radio switched on and panning
the band for those openings with your mp3 recorder handy - have fun.

My best ever low powered catch here was 1410 kHz "WKKP" McDonough GA
at only 58 watts. That's 8,200 miles from my QTH in Montagu which is
also a very poor DX site, due to the high mountains that surround my
little village. I was lucky enought to get an astonished QSL from them
confirming this unusual catch.

But be patient and persistent - my catch of a lifetime took 40 years
of DXing to come home - CFUN Vancouver Canada, 10,000 miles away from
the DXpedition site at Seefontein.

Good luck and best of 73's

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-7700, Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
ERGO software
Drake SW8. Sangean 803A
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop.
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

MW DX'ing [email protected] Shortwave 26 September 11th 08 04:12 AM
MW DX'ing KaitoWRX911 Shortwave 0 September 6th 08 06:16 AM
Back to BCB DX'ing [email protected] Shortwave 0 December 24th 05 12:02 AM
DX'ing with a Jwin JX -M14 Diverd4777 Shortwave 2 July 6th 04 06:50 PM
DX'ing conditions bad all over ??? Michael Shortwave 11 August 28th 03 03:02 AM