Old September 18th 08, 11:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default eBay.

Brenda - eBay has announced that they are ending their LIVE auction format,
but not regular auction listings. They are changing their pricing schemes
to promote more of the fixed-price listings, but I doubt they would ever
give up auctions altogether.

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

Wonder what he's going to do when ebay shuts down their auction format, as
is in their schedule in the not-too-distant future.

I can see it now.. everything on there will have to be a fixed price sale,
and everything (or most everything) will be so overpriced that only the
idle rich will be able to buy it.

Old September 18th 08, 12:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Unrevealed Source" wrote in message
Brenda - eBay has announced that they are ending their LIVE auction
format, but not regular auction listings. They are changing their pricing
schemes to promote more of the fixed-price listings, but I doubt they
would ever give up auctions altogether.

Ah.. the information e-mail I got from them was very murky (like most of
their e-mail and their TOS).

Old September 18th 08, 12:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brenda Ann wrote:

"Unrevealed Source" wrote in message
Brenda - eBay has announced that they are ending their LIVE auction
format, but not regular auction listings. They are changing their pricing
schemes to promote more of the fixed-price listings, but I doubt they
would ever give up auctions altogether.

Ah.. the information e-mail I got from them was very murky (like most of
their e-mail and their TOS).

I had heard some talk about them possibly going to all PayPal for payments, both
to and from, supposedly for IRS purposes, to nail the big sellers such as
Radio-Mart.

Any info on that?

Old September 18th 08, 01:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

Brenda Ann wrote:

"Unrevealed Source" wrote in message
Brenda - eBay has announced that they are ending their LIVE auction
format, but not regular auction listings. They are changing their
pricing
schemes to promote more of the fixed-price listings, but I doubt they
would ever give up auctions altogether.

Ah.. the information e-mail I got from them was very murky (like most of
their e-mail and their TOS).

I had heard some talk about them possibly going to all PayPal for
payments, both
to and from, supposedly for IRS purposes, to nail the big sellers such as
Radio-Mart.

Any info on that?

Some places they already have.. such as Australia. I've read that Oz is a
test market and they do plan on going that way everywhere eventually.

Old September 18th 08, 01:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brenda Ann wrote:

Some places they already have.. such as Australia. I've read that Oz is a
test market and they do plan on going that way everywhere eventually.

Maybe...

They had an article in the Wall Street Journal a few months ago that
said the anti-trust division of the Aussie government was opening an
investigation of eBay forcing everyone to use PayPal. Stay tuned...