Old September 19th 08, 12:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Change?.. What’s it gonna cost?.. Who pays?..

We’re hearing a lot about change — and we’re sure to hear much more.

Problem is, we heard a lot about change before, and look what’s
happened: higher gas prices and food prices, record home foreclosures,
massive bank failures and a do-nothing Congress.

In fact, we often hear politicians making grand promises with other
people’s money. That is, with our money.

Because the issues are so serious, and the stakes so high, to cut
through the clutter and spin, RightChange.com is starting a national
conversation, in plain language, around key questions:

Is raising taxes on small businesses, seniors and investors at a time
when our economy is weak the right type of change?

What if all the programs being proposed by our national leaders can’t
be funded? Who’s left holding the bag?

Do higher taxes make America’s innovative industries and workers more
or less competitive in a global economy?

10 Things You Need to Know About Senator Obama’s Tax Proposals

Under the tax plans of Barack Obama and his Democratic friends in
Congress, American families will only be left with… the change in
their pockets.

In 2009, Barack Obama and the Democratic Congress have an idea for a
bill. Well, really, it’s a lot of bills that will be paid for by
nearly every American in the form of higher taxes and higher costs for
food, energy and other products.

So if you have a retirement account, work in or shop at a small
business, are close or in retirement, or even flip on a light switch,
then there are a few things that you should consider.

Under that plan:

1. Small main street businesses would be forced to pay tax rates as
high as 62.3% under Senator Obama’s tax proposals.

2. Senator Obama’s tax plan would tax small businesses at a higher
rate than Wal-Mart!

3. Taxes on retirement income and savings could increase by at least
33%, hitting millions of seniors when they need these resources the
most.

4. 4 million workers over the age of 50 – those eagerly looking
forward to retirement – would be hit with increased tax bills.

5. Millions of Americans would only keep 38 cents of every dollar that
they earn.

6. Senator Obama’s tax plan would reduce the after tax wages of
millions of workers by 17.7%.

7. It will take 227 days per year, nearly 8 months, just to pay your
tax bill!

8. 97,065 carpenters, 110,908 police officers, 254,992 nurses, 208,562
postsecondary teachers and 237,000 dentists would see tax increases,
if the earnings cap was successfully eliminated.

9. 10.3 million workers would see an average of $5,650 taken from
their paycheck and given to government programs.

10. Even YOU might be considered “Rich.”

But don’t just take our word for it.
Be a geek. Click Here. http://www.rightchange.com Learn More.