Old September 23rd 08, 11:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default The Problem With Hybrid Digital

On Sep 22, 7:29*pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
In a conference at the NAB in Austin last week,

Oh Lord...lol...here we go- I knew it before I saw it. rolling my
eyes

AM is the equivalent of black and white tv. Only people who grew up before
FM became a factor can even tolerate it.

You all so full of crap...lol...it is like because you say it that it
is the truth. You simply are either #1 lying or #2 mentally retarded.
Not that there is anything wrong with being retarded- you can't help
it you/he/she were/was born that way. You can pick. I already know the
answer. Dave- I don't care how 'smart' you think you may be or try an
lead on but the bottom line is simply this IMO. If on AM it 'truly'
sounded better - I would listen to it- I would embrace it. But alas -
it didn't/doesn't and it never will. This 'strategy' of HD is about
convincing stupid people (I only speak of the AM side of it) that they
need it and it is better. It simply is not IMO. You can respond and
quote all kinds of stats and go on one of your diatribes but you are
not convincing me so maybe save the bandwidth.

Almost all AM listening is by
people over 50.

For what it is worth, which isn't much, I am 42 yrs. old. I can just
speak from my personal experience. I can't quote a survey of over
2,000 people etc. because I don't have 2,000 friends but for what it
is worth 11 people that I personally know - and 10 of them listen to
FM more than AM said that there is simply no difference in their car
steroes or their office radios. That says it all IMO. People that have
no reason to lie whatsoever being asked a rather simple question. My
Dad who is an avid AM talk show listener as is myself said the same
thing. Again remember- you can quote and hammer that keyboard in a
response to convince because.....err....well because you are saying
it. But it doesn't make it true.

As to coverage, the leading radio data and analysis firm in the country
shows only about 225 "viable" AMs out of well over 2000 AMs in the top 100
market metros in the US. Viable means a good enough signal to cover most or
all the market, day or night. That means there are only an average of 2
decent AM signals in each market, while the rest are not able to compete and
can only be marginally successful if at all.

shaking my head and 'really' rolling my eyes. sigh

Nobody ever intended HD to *be adopted quickly.

Of course not. People are not quickly fooled. Gotta fool em' slowly.
That is where the ding dong heads sit in a board room and hook up with
the media and little by little hit the public with every type of lie
about HD via radio/tv/newspapers etc. etc. and shills via the internet
newsgroupsahem. Like I said earlier, if it was better I would listen
to it and I would love it. But sadly for the morons who invested
millions and millions of dollars it is not working and it does NOT
sound better than just straight up amplitude modulation. Why is this
so hard to understand Dave? I have not personally met anyone or know
of anyone or know of anyone that knows someone ;-) that says
everything you say in this group in regards to HD. sigh That is how
I know I am right...lol.

The window for AM is closed,
anyway... with the new PPM ratings system, AMs are lower than ever as a
group, and have even less under-55 appeal.

Again sigh you are speaking out of your behind IMO. In my own little
survey of 11 members of my immediate family whom everyone other than
four of them listen to FM radio every day of their lives - the others
basically only listen to AM. Two of the girls and one of the guys were
duped into purchasing the HD radios. Neither of the three have them
anymore. Nuff' said IMO.
Old September 23rd 08, 11:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

BCBlazysusan wrote:

[...]

C'mon... give 'Eduardo' some credit, after all he does (or at least he says he
does) have a GED.

And, he has pretended to own some radio stations at one time.

Old September 24th 08, 02:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

BCBlazysusan wrote:

[...]

And you pretend to know something about business.

JB

Old September 24th 08, 02:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"BCBlazysusan" wrote in message
On Sep 22, 7:29 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
In a conference at the NAB in Austin last week,

Oh Lord...lol...here we go- I knew it before I saw it. rolling my
eyes

AM is the equivalent of black and white tv. Only people who grew up before
FM became a factor can even tolerate it.

You all so full of crap...lol...it is like because you say it that it
is the truth. You simply are either #1 lying or #2 mentally retarded.
Not that there is anything wrong with being retarded- you can't help
it you/he/she were/was born that way. You can pick. I already know the
answer.

The facts are available to radio and the advertising community: AM at most
gets about 20% of listening, and in most markets it is in the 10% to 15%
range, and the majority... that is, over half... is over 55 years of age
and, thus, not of much if any interest to advertisers.

SNIP

This is way better then you are doing. 0% of the people that read RRS
believe you.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old September 24th 08, 02:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Drifter" wrote in message
dxAce wrote:

C'mon... give 'Eduardo' some credit, after all he does (or at least he
says he
does) have a GED.

And, he has pretended to own some radio stations at one time.

and the question is, "is that GED printed in English"?

Yes, it is from Arizona. My HS diploma is from Ecuador, though, and not
accredited in the US.

Credibility has been a life long problem you.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old September 24th 08, 03:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Drifter" wrote in message
dxAce wrote:

C'mon... give 'Eduardo' some credit, after all he does (or at least he
says he
does) have a GED.

And, he has pretended to own some radio stations at one time.

and the question is, "is that GED printed in English"?

Yes, it is from Arizona. My HS diploma is from Ecuador, though, and not
accredited in the US.

Go to http://www.davidgleason.com/1973-1975-E.htm and click on the
hyperlinks in the text "GED" an "Score" and "Dean's List" for proof.

The GED deans list! Hilarious! Good one Eduardo you made my day.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old September 24th 08, 03:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"Drifter" wrote in message
dxAce wrote:

C'mon... give 'Eduardo' some credit, after all he does (or at least he
says he
does) have a GED.

And, he has pretended to own some radio stations at one time.

and the question is, "is that GED printed in English"?

Yes, it is from Arizona. My HS diploma is from Ecuador, though, and not
accredited in the US.

Go to http://www.davidgleason.com/1973-1975-E.htm and click on the
hyperlinks in the text "GED" an "Score" and "Dean's List" for proof.

WOW! Dean's List for a f00kin GED...I'm LMFAO!

As you know, my Ecuadorian diploma was not acceptable for admission at a
state university. However, the highest GED score they had ever seen was. And
the Dean's List was for having a 4.0 academic average every semester.

'Eduardo', you are just freaking hilarious.

Each document can be verified I am sure. Prove me wrong, militiaman.

Oh yeah Eduardo! You most certainly are certifiable.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old September 24th 08, 06:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Drifter" wrote in message
dxAce wrote:

C'mon... give 'Eduardo' some credit, after all he does (or at least he
says he
does) have a GED.

And, he has pretended to own some radio stations at one time.

and the question is, "is that GED printed in English"?

Yes, it is from Arizona. My HS diploma is from Ecuador, though, and not
accredited in the US.

Credibility has been a life long problem you.

No, credibility has not been a problem for me. It's a problem for you and
dxAss and Brenda and a couple of others, who don't know fact from fiction.
I, frankly, find this amusing. It is like the "tentadero" I went to
occasionally in Ecuador; a tentadero is a "gentle" bullfight where there are
no swords and picas and one can wave a cape in front of rather docile, old
bulls for a few minutes. Olé.

Old September 24th 08, 06:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Drifter" wrote in message
dxAce wrote:

C'mon... give 'Eduardo' some credit, after all he does (or at least he
says he
does) have a GED.

And, he has pretended to own some radio stations at one time.

and the question is, "is that GED printed in English"?

Yes, it is from Arizona. My HS diploma is from Ecuador, though, and not
accredited in the US.

Go to http://www.davidgleason.com/1973-1975-E.htm and click on the
hyperlinks in the text "GED" an "Score" and "Dean's List" for proof.

The GED deans list! Hilarious! Good one Eduardo you made my day.

Of course, that is not what I said. Step 1, GED. Step 2, pass with a very
high score and gain admission to ASU. 3. Get a 4.0 average at ASU school of
business. 4. Be placed on ASU Dean's list each semester for said average.

Follow the link. Otherwise, you say very dumb things.

Old September 24th 08, 06:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
news

Credibility has been a life long problem you.

No, credibility has not been a problem for me. It's a problem for you and
dxAss and Brenda and a couple of others, who don't know fact from fiction.
I, frankly, find this amusing. It is like the "tentadero" I went to
occasionally in Ecuador; a tentadero is a "gentle" bullfight where there
are no swords and picas and one can wave a cape in front of rather docile,
old bulls for a few minutes. Olé.

Fact: IBOC radio sales are in the dumpster- nobody cares.

Fact: There are millions of radio listeners who do not live inside a city
contour and yet still listen to the radio. Even in places where there is a
local rural station (i.e. Richfield, UT, home of KSVR), many listen to 'out
of market' radio in Provo, Orem, and even Salt Lake City.

Fact: There are many places where a city contour (or even any sort of
discernable signal) does not exist within a market, even for high power
(100KW IERP) FM's. Portland, OR is a prime example of this.

Fact: AM radio is still a primary service in a great many areas, especially
rural areas, throughout the country. I know that these people mean nothing
to you bean counter types.. but for anyone else, anyone who is important,
these people count.

Fact: Those of us over 50 still have more disposable income than most folks
in your precious 18-35 demo. This is because we don't have to worry about
raising a family, paying a mortgage (most of us have long since paid that
off) or paying for our kids' college. Those who are 50 still have, on
average, another 17 years of productive work and another decade or more
after that of life wherein a great many will wish to have a comfortable life
with all the niceties. In other words, we have over a quarter of a century
of consumerism. We buy things. We DO buy things that are advertised on the
radio and television (cars, beverages, radios and televisions, nutritional
supplements, exercise gear, etc.).

Until you begin to recognize that all these folks exist, and that they
count, and that they have everything to offer, then you cannot expect anyone
to believe anything you say, or have any form of respect for you. That's
just the way it is. If you don't like that pointed out to you, then you
always have the option of taking your speil to someone that would be more
receptive to it (like the IBOC consortium).