Old December 1st 08, 06:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Hellenedyne: a new type of regen-reflex radio

In article
,
wrote:

hi Telamon!

actually i was not working with PICs, i only looked into them. do you
have a favorite brand of MCU? i am not real up on them. btw, many had
trouble with my Hellenedyne so i designed a more reproducible circuit.
after much debate we figured out that the Hellenedyne was NOT working
as i thought! it may actually be a new type of detector: it is a
regenerative plate detector. i posted several PDFs. i now listen to
shortwave on a single-triode, 27 volts of plate, using modern 16-ohm
earbuds, and at normal-ish volumes!

http://home.comcast.net/~phils_radio_designs/

No I don't have a brand I like to work with. I don't much experience
with them.

Looks like you have been having fun with regenerative tube circuits. 9
to 12 Volts seems low for a tube plate voltage. It is almost like
working with transistors. Pretty cool.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California