Old October 16th 08, 05:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Change Columbus Day to Native American Day

On Oct 13, 9:45*pm, wrote:
To: *President of The United States, The U.S. Congress, The U.S.
Senate

We, the undersigned, petition the President of the United States, The
U.S. Congress, and The U.S. Senate to hereby change "Columbus Day" to
"Native American Day".

Christopher Columbus did not discover America, he discovered Native
Americans living peacefully in their homeland. And, as history has
taught us, Mr. Columbus was not even the first to visit America from
Europe.

So, then why do we continue to disgrace Native Americans by throwing
this "National Holiday" up in their faces? It's about time we realize
that as Americans we are continuing the hate cycle by allowing this to
continue. We should be thanking Native Americans for taking us in and
sharing with us their ancient wisdom.

We have never had a Native American holiday in the U.S. and that is
truly a shame. We deem anything we want as a "Federal Holiday" if only
for the benefit of government employees having yet another 3-day
weekend.

Let us give credit where credit is due. We urge you to change
"Columbus Day" to "Native American Day".

Additionally, an official apology by the United States government for
the genocide of the indigenous peoples of America is long overdue. It
is time to do so and initiate payment of reparations to the American
Indian tribes of America.

Sincerely,

A.W.S.
President
Gay, Lesbian, Transgendered Shortwave Club

Coincidently(?), Venezuela's Communist Dictator Hugo Chávez agrees
with you.

Instead we need a AssWideShut day to celebrate the day you discovered
your asshole.