Old October 23rd 08, 12:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Satallit 750 has arrived

Yes, I just got mine from Durham Radio on Tuesday Oct.21st.
Very attractive radio. Done some random listening, and this radio has
an amazingly low noise floor, and very good sensitivity, but this is a
prelim assesment, will pursue intense listening over next while.
Moveable AM antenna on top really works well. last evening was an eye-
opener as to AM broadcast directionality !!
Haven't checked out SSB yet. Passport gives 750 a 3 and one-eighth
rating.Manual is kind of sparse. i.e. on either batteries(4D) or wall
wart, backlight comes on with touch of most buttons and
tuning knob, (very slight turn) for about 5 seconds (not in manual)
and then goes out. When radio on, pressing 'light'
be quick !! Backlight changes from timed to full on after a
second,marked by a blink of the light. No long pause as with some
radios. This works on batteries and wall wart.
Won't ramble on any more right now, except to say it will be very
interesting to get some more reviews.
Good Listening to All from SW4ever.
P.S. BCLnews has posted a whole slew of new B08 skeds at:
http://www.bclnews.it/
Old October 23rd 08, 01:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

More made in Communist Red China JUNK that will have "quality control"
issues.

Or maybe you'll be one of the lucky few who will get a unit that will
last a couple of years before it goes kaput.

No thanks I'll pass and listen to shortwave on my still working great
40 year old MADE IN AMERICA radio.

A.W.S.
President
Gay, Lesbian, Transgendered Shortwave Club
Old October 23rd 08, 03:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
SW4ever wrote:

[...]

Many here look forward to your review. Have fun with the 750.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old October 23rd 08, 03:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
wrote:

More made in Communist Red China JUNK that will have "quality control"
issues.

SNIP

You are a twit that belongs in everyones kill file. You got nothing to
say fool unless you acquire one, use it, then report on it.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old October 23rd 08, 03:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Hope you enjoy your Grundig, I've had them for years.

Keep us posted!

--
Burr
Orchids & Roses

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article
,

Old October 24th 08, 03:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 22, 9:05 pm, Mr. "would you like fries with that"
wrote:
You are a twit that belongs in everyones kill file. You got nothing to
say fool unless you acquire one, use it, then report on it.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

I've never owned a Yugo either but like the rest of the world,knew it
was a piece of junk.

I've owned two highly touted initial production model shortwave radios
that were made in China (DX-394 and Grundig Satellite 800) and both
had serious quality control issues. Fortunately I was able to get rid
of both of them. Also several other less expensive portables made in
China duds that I owned died after a year or so of limited use. Yes
I'm a slow learner but I've now learned my lesson.

I advise anyone who is considering buying an initial production model
of anything from China to exercise patience. You will be able to buy
it for half price on Ebay within a year from the suckers who just
couldn't wait to get their hands on the latest over hyped piece of
crap from communist China.
And you'll have the additional satisfaction of knowing that you have
not contributed a penny to the anti-American totalitarian regime in
Beijing.

Old October 26th 08, 03:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article , SW4ever wrote:
[...]

I am curious as to your forthcoming review. The specs read
like a larger-box version of their recent G6 which is not very
selective, and a huge number of FM images in the Airband.

Radioworld.ca usually includes the manuals in PDF format
when they have the radios for sale (not yet).