Old November 15th 08, 08:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Radio St. Helena Day!

On 15 nov, 20:33, dxhunter wrote:
On 15 nov, 20:26, dxhunter wrote:

On 15 nov, 20:22, dxhunter wrote:

On 15 nov, 20:17, wrote:

On Nov 15, 10:01*pm, dxAce wrote: 2000, "Over The Ocean Waves".....

11092.5 USB

Great Signal!

Enjoy!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

2000z time pips clear then signature tune
2002z welcoming speech starts with fair reception
2003z - they must have swung the beam as reception becomes very weak
and unreadable.

Sadly their schedule doesn't beam South to me = pity

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-7700, Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
ERGO software
Drake SW8. Sangean 803A
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop.http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

Still at the moment not audible. Can hear that a OM is talking but
thats it.

Listening here in Scotland with the R&S ek895, 2.7 kc filter and a
Slooper 18 meters long.

gtrz,

Hans

It's audible now but not good readable. Can hear voices and music.
Signal strength increasing!

grtz,

Hans

It's now much better good copy here! But still noisy!

grtz,

Hans

Nice Carpenters song!

Here also running a tape from the start!

grtz,

Hans
Old November 15th 08, 08:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 15 nov, 20:17, wrote:
[...]

Arm chair copy at 20:36u. peaking to S9 on the loop.
it don't get any better than this. still looking forward to
22:30u.

GOOD DX!
Drifter...
Old November 15th 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 15 nov, 20:17, wrote:
[...]

Guys...What is Radio St. Helena's correct e-mail? I can't seem to get
the last part of it.

STRONG signal here in Ohio, USA.

Anybody know if they accept e-mail reception reports or via the mail?

Thanks.

73's,

Tim, KD8GZ
Norton, Ohio 44203

Arm chair copy at 20:36u. peaking to S9 on the loop.
it don't get any better than this. still looking forward to
22:30u.

GOOD DX!
Drifter...- Hide quoted text -

Old November 15th 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 15 nov, 20:17, wrote:
[...]

Signal much weaker now, not readable anymore! ;-(

grtz,

Hans
Old November 15th 08, 08:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 15 nov, 20:17, wrote:
[...]

We'll see. Seemed like last year I got better reception off the side lobes than I did when the
antenna was beamed this way.

This is enjoyable, though I still wish they'd loan the xmtr set-up to Tristan da Cunha... at least
once every two years or so, OR just once, damn it!

Old November 15th 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxhunter wrote:
On 15 nov, 20:01, dxAce wrote:
2000, "Over The Ocean Waves".....

11092.5 USB

Great Signal!

Enjoy!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Very weak audio here in Scotland!!

grtz,

Hans

Nothing heard in Edmonton, Alberta! Darn it! I'll have to hope for the
European and NorAm broadcast.

JB

Old November 15th 08, 08:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

On 15 nov, 20:17, wrote:
[...]

Hay Ace, i remember you saying that last year. maybe we gotta talk
to Kipp. with the storms here, they are back into the mud, 20:48u.
this takes me back to my childhood. and reminds me why i have too
much money invested in radio...

GOOD DX!
Drifter..
Old November 15th 08, 08:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Drifter wrote:

dxAce wrote:

On 15 nov, 20:17, wrote:
[...]

Ha! I've been saying that for a long time!

Old November 15th 08, 08:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Nov 15, 3:44*pm, John Barnard wrote:
dxhunter wrote:
On 15 nov, 20:01, dxAce wrote:
2000, "Over The Ocean Waves".....

11092.5 USB

Great Signal!

Enjoy!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Very weak audio here in Scotland!!

grtz,

Hans

Nothing heard in Edmonton, Alberta! Darn it! I'll have to hope for the
European and NorAm broadcast.

JB

Poor to fair reception here in SoFla. I'm surprised to hear their
Japan beam.
R75 with stock filters and RF Systems EMF antenna.
Old November 15th 08, 08:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Now mentioning changing the beam, and saying good bye to Japan...

dxAce wrote:

2000, "Over The Ocean Waves".....

11092.5 USB

Great Signal!

Enjoy!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Radio St. Helena Day 08. dxAce[_10_] Shortwave 19 September 29th 08 01:40 PM
Radio St. Helena dxAce Shortwave 9 November 6th 06 04:50 PM
Radio St. Helena Lisa Simpson Shortwave 5 November 4th 06 11:54 PM
Radio St. Helena dxAce Shortwave 0 November 4th 06 11:33 PM
Radio St. Helena dxAce Shortwave 2 September 30th 06 07:16 PM