Old November 21st 08, 02:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.republicans,alt.news-media

Default Shutting Down Dissent

Mr. William J. Federer, a Missourian, is one of the most cheerful
people I have met. Despite this, Bill Federer’s writing always has a
serious message. His latest book is entitled Endangered Speeches. In
it, he traces the effort during the 20th Century to assure that
preachers were not involved in the political process. Federer points
out that prior to 1913 preachers never gave the Internal Revenue
Service or their 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status a thought because there
was no mechanism which applied to them. From 1913 until 1954, most
preachers simply ignored the IRS, as there was no reason for them to
be concerned.

In 1954, President Lyndon B. Johnson, running for re-election, heard
that a large group of Texas preachers would oppose him. So he hastily
had Congress enact a law which forbade churches from involvement in
politics. That was enough to silence preachers and LBJ was re-elected
comfortably.

One might think that LBJ would have been content to leave well enough
alone. However, when he found out that the American Enterprise
Institute (AEI) had assisted Senator Barry M. Goldwater’s candidacy he
scared William Broody, Sr. into political uselessness so that AEI
required years to recover.

Meanwhile, the IRS, which traditionally had been reluctant to
interfere with churches, this year cracked the whip so that most
pastors were afraid of losing their church’s loss of tax-exempt status
and thereby stayed out of the 2008 elections even though there were
moral issues on many state ballots.

Given the incoming presidential administration’s announced effort to
reinstate the so-called Fairness Doctrine, which some suggest should
be renamed the “Censorship Doctrine,” this attack upon churches is
frightening. Senator A. Mitchell (Mitch) McConnell, Jr. (R-KY) said he
immediately would file litigation contending that reinstatement of the
Fairness Doctrine constituted unconstitutional censorship and an
abridgement of our First Amendment rights. However, such a lawsuit
likely would take two years to work its way through the courts. There
is no question that our First Amendment is under assault. Read
Federer’s book to understand how American churches fit into the
political process. Then gear up for the fight on the re-christened
Censorship Doctrine and the Internet.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...0-A5C280BFFAA0
Old November 21st 08, 02:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.republicans,alt.news-media

On Nov 21, 6:40*am, wrote:
Mr.

Posting from work? Wow. I would have thought someone working for
Lockheed would be smarter than to use such a stupid name. Maybe you're
the janitor.

Anyway, I sent this on to Human Resources. They should have a look at
you posting history.

Pramer
Old November 21st 08, 03:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.republicans,alt.news-media

Default A very important topic but only to those with a Microchip Stuckin their head

- AN if you DO have a microchip stuck in your head please go see your
doctor

( Microchip removal is now covered by most healthcare providers. )

Old November 21st 08, 03:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.republicans,alt.news-media

wrote:
Read
Federer’s book to understand how American churches fit into the
political process. Then gear up for the fight on the re-christened
Censorship Doctrine and the Internet.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...0-A5C280BFFAA0

Churches should be taxed into extinction. They are evil.
Old November 21st 08, 03:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.republicans,alt.news-media

On Nov 21, 8:51*am, Baldin Lee Pramer
wrote:
On Nov 21, 6:40*am, wrote:

Mr.

Posting from work? Wow. I would have thought someone working for
Lockheed would be smarter than to use such a stupid name. Maybe you're
the janitor.

Anyway, I sent this on to Human Resources. They should have a look at
you posting history.

Pramer

My, my, my...some interesting results when you check the history of
this newsgroup for posts from Lockheed! Very interesting, indeed....

Old November 21st 08, 04:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.republicans,alt.news-media

"Baldin Lee Pramer" wrote in message
On Nov 21, 6:40 am, wrote:
Mr.

Posting from work? Wow. I would have thought someone working for
Lockheed would be smarter than to use such a stupid name. Maybe you're
the janitor.

Anyway, I sent this on to Human Resources. They should have a look at
you posting history.

Pramer

********
So, instead of a hearty debate, you attempt to quiet the opposition. You
follow the beat of the government masters.

You're ready for the promotion you deserve. Uniforms and assignments will
be forthcoming in the new "Civilian National Security Force"...enjoy the
power for which you seek.

Old November 21st 08, 11:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.republicans,alt.news-media

wrote:
Read
Federer’s book to understand how American churches fit into the
political process. Then gear up for the fight on the re-christened
Censorship Doctrine and the Internet.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...0-A5C280BFFAA0

If the writer can't even get a date right, it gives one pause to wonder how
much else he got wrong. LBJ was running ELECTION, not re-election, in 1964,
not 1954. He was elected president only once.

Old November 22nd 08, 06:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.republicans,alt.news-media
RHF RHF is offline

Default (OT) : Dave -proclaims- Churches Should Be Taxed Into Extinction

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...AE1FC-73E7-46E....

- Churches should be taxed into extinction. *They are evil.

Dave -proclaims- Churches Should Be Taxed Into Extinction

dave - you are a church unto yourself ~ RHF
Old November 23rd 08, 01:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.republicans,alt.news-media

On Nov 22, 12:18*pm, "Soumay Nonay"
wrote:
Bob Campbell wrote:
"Iva Biggin" wrote in message
When churches become political propaganda machines (a la Baptist
Church promoting the GOP) it is time for them to pay taxes.

Or the left wing church that Obama attended, before it became
politically embarrassing for him.

Wait.. I thought the Left Wing was completely godless!

But when churches get political, they should be taxed. Church out of
government, and government out of church.

All "Political" non-profits should be taxed. Including every single
Liberal Fascist and Neo-Communist Soros organizations.
They are all listed he http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/group.asp
Old November 23rd 08, 01:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.republicans,alt.news-media

On Nov 22, 9:44*am, "Iva Biggin" wrote:
RHF wrote:
On Nov 21, 6:18 am, Dave wrote:
wrote:

Read

Federer’s book to understand how American churches fit into the
political process. Then gear up for the fight on the re-christened
Censorship Doctrine and the Internet.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...AE1FC-73E7-46E...

- Churches should be taxed into extinction. They are evil.

Dave -proclaims- Churches Should Be Taxed Into Extinction

dave - you are a church unto yourself ~ RHF
*.
*.

Dave,

Remember US President Elect Barack "Holy" Obama
is a Christian Crusader Politician : Who is Out
to "Change The World" for Jesus the Christ
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...cc78d7d0abc677
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...d4b4fd581db64e
* .
The Barack 'Holy' Obama has renounced the False
Religion of Islam and been Baptized as a Christian
http://www.watchingamerica.com/images/JesusObama.jpg
* .
in the Name of Jesus-the-Christ {Born Again
in Jesus} and Barack 'Holy' Obama will bring
http://www.americanthinker.com/Obama's%20new%20messianic%20parade.JPG
* .
Christianity to the Muslim World via TV, Movies,
http://www.theodoresworld.net/pics/0...bamaImage1.jpg
* .
Satellite, and AM/FM Shortwave Radio - Amen
http://tinyurl.com/4v3n9j
* .
-soon- All the World Shall Come and Worship
at the Foot of the Cross of Jesus due to the
Great and Wonderful Messenger Barack "Holy" Obama
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/Obammania.JPG
* .
* .
all praise to the messenger of jesus : america's
president elect barack 'holy' obama - amen ~ RHF
* .
As an American Who Loves His Country : I can now say
President Elect Barack Hussein Obama is "MY" future
US President {POTUS & CIC}.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bss6lTP8BJ8
http://www.potus.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command...#United_States
* .
Dear Lord God {Allah} may Barack Hussein Obama take
his Oath-of-Office and Serve All the American People
with Honor and Distinction; and may the USA Prosper
under his Stewardship and Leadership - Amen ~ RHF
* .
NOTE : Every Baptized Christian -is- "Born Again in Jesus"
http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-baptism.html
"I baptize you in the name of the Father, the Son,
{Jesus the Christ} and the Holy Spirit." - Amen
http://www.religionfacts.com/christi...es/baptism.htm
* .
"Blessed Be The Barack of Obama and
All Praise and Honor Be His Name"©

'we are marching in peace and solidarity
as one with the obama'© ~ RHF
* .

When churches become political propaganda machines (a la Baptist
Church promoting the GOP) it is time for them to pay taxes.- Hide quoted text -

The preachers can take off their uniform and set up a soapbox in any
public free-speech area and talk all they want, just as I can.
They can't do so in the position of a person in authority in / of
their church. The same applies to that poiceman giving you a speeding
ticket.or a teacher during class..