Old December 8th 08, 03:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) December 7

http://naturalborncitizen.wordpress.com
Was Chester Arthur born in America or Canada? Was he a British citizen?
cuhulin

Old December 8th 08, 04:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

Brenda Ann wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

I have a question: If for some reason Obama is unable to take the oath
of
office, does that mean that Obiden, er, Biden would be sworn in as
President, or
would Pelosi take the reigns, er, reins until new elections take place?

Line of succession is Veep, then Speaker of the House. Believe that's how
Ford got to be Veep, IIRC, he was Speaker when Agnew resigned.

He never became Speaker.

I was fortunate enough to stand before his coffin and salute while he lay
in his
Museum in Grand Rapids, MI before his funeral, and before he was finally
laid to
rest along the banks of the Grand River, outside of the Museum, not so
many
miles from here.

He visited Portland in '76, made an appearance at a Baptist church a few
blocks from my home at the time, but I couldn't get off work to go see him
(plus, there was a threat against his life at the rally.) At the time, I
was a registered Dem, but I still had great respect for the man, and the
fact he had a lot to clean up after Nixon's leaving office (and supported
him in his desire to pardon Tricky Dick so the country could move on). To
this day, leaving the current President Elect out of the equation because I
don't know what he'll actually DO yet), Ford is only the third President
that I have had great respect for during my lifetime (Ike, Kennedy were the
other two). I would have liked to have met him in life.

Old December 8th 08, 04:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

Brenda Ann wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

I have a question: If for some reason Obama is unable to take the oath
of
office, does that mean that Obiden, er, Biden would be sworn in as
President, or
would Pelosi take the reigns, er, reins until new elections take place?

Line of succession is Veep, then Speaker of the House. Believe that's how
Ford got to be Veep, IIRC, he was Speaker when Agnew resigned.

Yes, but we were not at a transition point at that time.

At this point, Biden was not actually elected, was he? Obama was the
titular
(neat word!) head of the party with Biden merely clinging to the 'tard boy
in
waiting.

So, I still wonder at this point if Biden could be legally sworn in.

Any precedents out there?

As Biden is the VP-elect, if something happened to Obama between now and 20
January, Biden would be sworn in as President.

Old December 8th 08, 05:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Dec 7, 8:28 pm, dxAce

I was fortunate enough to stand before his coffin and salute while he lay in his
Museum in Grand Rapids, MI before his funeral, and before he was finally laid to
rest along the banks of the Grand River, outside of the Museum, not so many
miles from here.

What city is his casket tour in by now? Ford was as big a crook as all
the rest of the arseholes in D.C., he just was less conspicuous about
it. Read Roy Cohn's memoir for specifics.

Old December 8th 08, 08:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
msg msg is offline

wrote:

snip
arseholes

What are you, an expatriate brit?

Old December 8th 08, 02:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

HenryJ wrote:

"As a rule"....but not always. I'm sure there was a certain amount of
paranoia following the attack on Pearl Harbour. The U.S. had just lost a
great deal of their western front defences leaving the entire coast pretty
much open to attack, at least I'm sure that was most or all of the reason
for interment of the Japanese. They didn't single out Polish, Irish,
Italians or any other group, just the Japanese.

Or Prescott Bush and George Herbert Walker...

(OT) It's December 7th... dxAce Shortwave 7 December 8th 07 08:52 PM
MediaLine Radio: Current edition (17 December - 30 December 2005) [email protected] Shortwave 0 December 17th 05 03:19 PM
December 7th Burr Shortwave 25 December 9th 04 07:34 AM
2nd generation DRM receiver due out in December byrnefm Shortwave 1 November 5th 03 07:11 PM
2nd generation DRM receiver due out in December byrnefm Shortwave 0 November 5th 03 08:17 AM