Old December 7th 08, 06:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) December 7

"The people in internment camps that seek compensation were Americans", ...
but who knew at the time which ones could be collaborating with Japan?
Pearl Harbour was just bombed, the Seventh Fleet almost totally crippled.
Would you have stood idly by and asked them to excuse you for harbouring
thoughts of revenge? Maybe in your case!
They received $1.6 billion from the taxpayers for being a possible security
risk. Read and avail yourself of a smidgeon of knowlege before you make
such uneducated, ignorant statements.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanes...can_internment

"Dave" wrote in message
HenryJ wrote:
And they've got one hell of a nerve seeking compensation for their
interment during that period. Get over it, your at the bottom of the
handout list.

The people in internment camps that seek compensation were Americans, not
"the Japs" who attacked Pearl Harbor. As they for the most part do not
own banks they will get nothing. The USA only gives handouts to filthy
rich people.

Old December 8th 08, 12:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"HenryJ" wrote in message
"The people in internment camps that seek compensation were Americans",
... but who knew at the time which ones could be collaborating with Japan?
Pearl Harbour was just bombed, the Seventh Fleet almost totally crippled.
Would you have stood idly by and asked them to excuse you for harbouring
thoughts of revenge? Maybe in your case!
They received $1.6 billion from the taxpayers for being a possible
security risk. Read and avail yourself of a smidgeon of knowlege before
you make such uneducated, ignorant statements.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanes...can_internment

"possible security risks"....

Now there's a loaded assessment if ever I saw one. Absolutely anyone can be
a "possible security risk". The Japanese that were here before and during
WWII were Americans. They had chosen to leave their native country. As a
rule, this means that the place they left for offered them more than their
home country, and that they no longer felt allegiance to their home country.

You can't just arrest and imprison someone because they "are a possible
risk". If you could, then you, me, or anyone could be arrested and
imprisoned without cause or charge at any time. Mind you, with the Patriot
Acts I and II, even this is now possible... all that has to happen is for
someone to point a finger at you along with a weak accusation. Indeed, a
very dangerous precedent.

Old December 8th 08, 01:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brenda Ann wrote:

"HenryJ" wrote in message
[...]

FDR was a Liberal/Democrat/Marxist and he had them interned.

Old December 8th 08, 01:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Same principle when they were tracking communism after WW2. "Could be
your neighbor or it could be little Jimmy's school teacher"...remember these
news caps from the 50's? Or how about your favorite movie star? Hollywood
demons.
Julius and Ethel Rosenberg were a prime example of the suspicions of that
era although not the only ones by far.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_and_Ethel_Rosenberg
"As a rule, this means that the place they left for offered them more
than their home country, and that they no longer felt allegiance to their
home country"

"As a rule"....but not always. I'm sure there was a certain amount of
paranoia following the attack on Pearl Harbour. The U.S. had just lost a
great deal of their western front defences leaving the entire coast pretty
much open to attack, at least I'm sure that was most or all of the reason
for interment of the Japanese. They didn't single out Polish, Irish,
Italians or any other group, just the Japanese.

Old December 8th 08, 01:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Dec 7, 4:57*pm, "Brenda Ann" wrote:
"HenryJ" wrote in message

[...]

Some/Many/Most were in-fact American Citizens :
However many of those who were not : Were kept
from becoming American Citizens by the Federal
Government itself : Then Treat as an Enemy Alien
because they were still Foreign Citizens; again by
the very same Federal Government.

At this time most have received the reparations
from the US Government. Many however died
many years before any justice was to come.

~ RHF

Old December 8th 08, 01:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message
[...]

Only proves that both sides of the political spectrum are equally capable of
tossing human rights into the crapper.

Didn't FDR have to have CONgressional approval before interning thousands of
US citizens?

Old December 8th 08, 02:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brenda Ann wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
[...]

The Liberal/Democrat/Marxists seem to have a propensity for doing so!

Just wait till the 'tard boy Obama gets his hands on the controls.

I have a question: If for some reason Obama is unable to take the oath of
office, does that mean that Obiden, er, Biden would be sworn in as President, or
would Pelosi take the reigns, er, reins until new elections take place?

Old December 8th 08, 02:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

I have a question: If for some reason Obama is unable to take the oath of
office, does that mean that Obiden, er, Biden would be sworn in as
President, or
would Pelosi take the reigns, er, reins until new elections take place?

Line of succession is Veep, then Speaker of the House. Believe that's how
Ford got to be Veep, IIRC, he was Speaker when Agnew resigned.

Old December 8th 08, 02:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brenda Ann wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

I have a question: If for some reason Obama is unable to take the oath of
office, does that mean that Obiden, er, Biden would be sworn in as
President, or
would Pelosi take the reigns, er, reins until new elections take place?

Line of succession is Veep, then Speaker of the House. Believe that's how
Ford got to be Veep, IIRC, he was Speaker when Agnew resigned.

Yes, but we were not at a transition point at that time.

At this point, Biden was not actually elected, was he? Obama was the titular
(neat word!) head of the party with Biden merely clinging to the 'tard boy in
waiting.

So, I still wonder at this point if Biden could be legally sworn in.

Any precedents out there?

Old December 8th 08, 02:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brenda Ann wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

I have a question: If for some reason Obama is unable to take the oath of
office, does that mean that Obiden, er, Biden would be sworn in as
President, or
would Pelosi take the reigns, er, reins until new elections take place?

Line of succession is Veep, then Speaker of the House. Believe that's how
Ford got to be Veep, IIRC, he was Speaker when Agnew resigned.

He never became Speaker.

I was fortunate enough to stand before his coffin and salute while he lay in his
Museum in Grand Rapids, MI before his funeral, and before he was finally laid to
rest along the banks of the Grand River, outside of the Museum, not so many
miles from here.

(OT) It's December 7th... dxAce Shortwave 7 December 8th 07 08:52 PM
MediaLine Radio: Current edition (17 December - 30 December 2005) [email protected] Shortwave 0 December 17th 05 03:19 PM
December 7th Burr Shortwave 25 December 9th 04 07:34 AM
2nd generation DRM receiver due out in December byrnefm Shortwave 1 November 5th 03 07:11 PM
2nd generation DRM receiver due out in December byrnefm Shortwave 0 November 5th 03 08:17 AM