Old December 16th 08, 06:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default This is the beginning of the end for "HD" radio!

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"SC Dxing" wrote in message
With the growth of satellite radio and internet options, there really
isn't a need for HD radio. And I would think advertisers would be
against HD radio also, gives people even more opportunity to tune off
a station when a commercial is running.

Satellite radio is growing so much that the two companies had to merge to
survive, after losing over $10 billion since they launched. Subscriber churn
is producing a net loss in subscribers this year, while new installs have
slowed to nearly nothing due to the lack of new car sales.

SIRI is $0.14 a share today.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old December 17th 08, 01:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Internet Audio Programing -ain't- Radio .

RHF wrote:
On Dec 16, 5:33 am, Dave wrote:

People have no need for wireless radio except in automobiles. Otherwise
we have web radio, which comes in much better.

Dave - One more time - your so called 'web-radio'
is Internet Audio Programing .

A 'live' simulcast of a real Over-the-Air Radio program
is a 'simulcast' of Radio Audio Programming.

Plain old Internet Audio Programing that is NOT a
'simulcast' of a real Over-the-Air Radio program is
NOT Radio.

D'Oh ! a PodCast is a PodCast -NOT- Radio.

Radio is "Over-the-Air" [.] ~ RHF
.

I listen to Nova M Radio (1480 KPHX), KTLK, KCRW, and KPFT over the
internet. None of them have a clear signal into my fortress of
solitude, Dude.
Old December 21st 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default (OT) : PONG 'Dave' Remember : Free Over-the-Air [Analog] Radio isFreedom from . . . "The Man" !

On Dec 16, 5:33*am, Dave wrote:
David Eduardo wrote:

"SC Dxing" wrote in message
With the growth of satellite radio and internet options, there really
isn't a need for HD radio. And I would think advertisers would be
against HD radio also, gives people even more opportunity to tune off
a station when a commercial is running.

Satellite radio is growing so much that the two companies had to merge
to survive, after losing over $10 billion since they launched.
Subscriber churn is producing a net loss in subscribers this year, while
new installs have slowed to nearly nothing due to the lack of new car
sales.

- People have no need for wireless radio
- except in automobiles. *Otherwise we
- have web radio, which comes in much better.

Dave,

Yes Web Audio does generally have better sound.

HOWEVER . . . It Ain't FREE "Over-the-Air" R-A-D-I-O [.]
D'Oh ! - radio -is- RADIO [1] http://www.answers.com/radio

First - It Ain't FREE : You have to Pay
for you Internet Connection.
* Dave - "The Man" 'knows' about your Internet "Connection"
? Why Does "The Man" Call Drug Dealers a 'Connection' Too ?

Second - It Ain't Over-the-Air : It comes
down the Wire via the Internet/Lan.
* Dave - Yes "The Man" Has 'You' "Wired"
? Why Does "The Man" Call Someone High on Drugs 'Wired' Too ?

Third - It Ain't Radio : It's Audio Content via the "Web".
* Dave - Yes "The Man" Has 'You' In His "Web"
? Why Did "The Man" Create The 'Web' To "Track" You Too ?

Fourth - Just For You Dave : It's Digital via The Internet
and "The Man" Is 'Tracking' Your Every View ::::-{
* Dave - Yes "W-H-O" Has : you, You. YOU !
? Answer : the man, The Man. THE MAN !

Note - Free Over-the-Air [Analog] Radio
is Freedom from . . . "The Man" !

as easy as 1 2 3 + 4 ~ RHF
Old December 21st 08, 03:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RHF wrote:
On Dec 16, 5:33 am, Dave wrote:

[...]

If you think I'm going to quit listening to KPFT because I'm too far
from Houston to get it on the radio you are seriously deranged.

Old December 21st 08, 03:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Dave wrote:
RHF wrote:
On Dec 16, 5:33 am, Dave wrote:

[...]

Not OT, BTW. I'm using a WiFi link to get from the router to the
internet radio machine.

Old December 22nd 08, 01:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Dec 21, 7:22*am, Dave wrote:
Dave wrote:
RHF wrote:
On Dec 16, 5:33 am, Dave wrote:

[...]

*.
*.

If you think I'm going to quit listening to KPFT because I'm too far
from Houston to get it on the radio you are seriously deranged.

- Not OT, BTW. *
- I'm using a WiFi link to get from the router
- to the internet radio machine.

Dave,

Still You Have To Pay For The Internet 'Connection'

Connection + Router + Internet Appliance = Listen

Free Over-the-Air Radio = Listen

what could be easier and it's free ~ RHF

-ps- Before there was Plug-and-Play :
There was Plug-It-In-and-Listen ;-}