Old December 18th 08, 09:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default 860 AM

Even though a flame thrower I never logged this before CJBC out of
Toronto,Ontario. Question : Why are the stations out of Canada called
Ontario instead of Canada? ---dumb question maybe? 0915 UCT

I had previously logged and received qsl's from WMRI on 860 out of
Marion, Indiana running 500 watts at night. I also previously logged
and qsl from WAEC out of Atlanta,Ga. running 500 watts night time
also. Interesting that I could log those minimal output stations
before, both are closer and south of my QTH and not hear Canada which
is north at 50,000 watts. {?} Shows that common sense does not ensue
in receving stations maybe? But as I type the flame thrower is now
starting to fade slightly at a three on my meter. All three stations
copied off the Alpha Delta DX sloper facing sw.
Old December 18th 08, 09:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

BCBlazysusan wrote:

Even though a flame thrower I never logged this before CJBC out of
Toronto,Ontario. Question : Why are the stations out of Canada called
Ontario instead of Canada? ---dumb question maybe? 0915 UCT

I had previously logged and received qsl's from WMRI on 860 out of
Marion, Indiana running 500 watts at night. I also previously logged
and qsl from WAEC out of Atlanta,Ga. running 500 watts night time
also. Interesting that I could log those minimal output stations
before, both are closer and south of my QTH and not hear Canada which
is north at 50,000 watts. {?} Shows that common sense does not ensue
in receving stations maybe? But as I type the flame thrower is now
starting to fade slightly at a three on my meter. All three stations
copied off the Alpha Delta DX sloper facing sw.

Whoa! When mentioning QSL, one must always add (verie, for those in Glendale)!

It also might be a good idea to do this when mentioning QTH (location, for those
in Glendale) as well

Old December 18th 08, 10:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Dec 18, 4:40*am, dxAce wrote:
Whoa! When mentioning QSL, one must always add (verie, for those in Glendale)!

It also might be a good idea to do this when mentioning QTH (location, for those
in Glendale) as well

OK - I noticed the whoa. ;-) What I really have to do is get all my
information all in one place but that is almost impossible when I
pulled info from all kinds of sources and wrote down things in three
different pads .I may have spoke to fast on the WAEC as for actually
physically receiving a qsl card from them. I am pretty sure though but
back when I first started writing the stations if I actually received
a card or note/letter I would mark it in my MStreet Radio Directory. I
have the mark by what is now WMRI out of Marion, In. but the actual
card had to have been from between the years of 95-97. The station was
then called WGOM according to the MStreet 1995 edition. Anyone back
then that I wrote to came directly from just this book because I
didn't even own a computer.

The info. states the GM was Mike Day / Box1538, 46952 sister station
of WMRI which was "then" 106.9 FM.

Old December 18th 08, 11:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default CJBC-AM 860 kHz Toronto, ONTARIO {Canada}

On Dec 18, 1:26*am, BCBlazysusan wrote:
Even though a flame thrower I never logged this before CJBC out of
Toronto,Ontario. Question : *Why are the stations out of Canada called
Ontario instead of Canada? ---dumb question maybe? 0915 UCT

I had previously logged and received qsl's from WMRI on 860 out of
Marion, Indiana running 500 watts at night. I also previously logged
and qsl from WAEC out of Atlanta,Ga. running 500 watts night time
also. Interesting that I could log those minimal output stations
before, both are closer and south of my QTH and not hear Canada which
is north at 50,000 watts. *{?} Shows that common sense does not ensue
in receving stations maybe? But as I type the flame thrower is now
starting to fade slightly at a three on my meter. All three stations
copied off the Alpha Delta DX sloper facing sw.

"Ontario" is a 'Canadian' Province and can not be
confused with any US State; except may be for
the City of Ontario, California.
http://www.world-guides.com/images/canada/canada.jpg
So "Ontario" tells a Canadian Radio Listener
what 'Province' they are hearing since the CBC
Runs Radio Networks.
Saying "Toronto, Ontario" -implies- 'Canada'
http://cache.eb.com/eb/image?id=64344&rendTypeId=4
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontario
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada

CJBC-AM 860 kHz Toronto, ONTARIO {Canada}
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CJBC_(AM)
http://www.recnet.com/cdbs/fmq.php?canam=CJBC&jaws=0
Broadcast's in French as part of the CBC's Network
"Première Chaîne" {CBC Radio One in French?}
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premi%C3%A8re_Cha%C3%AEne

CJBC Broadcast Pattern
http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/amq?list=0&facid=98913
http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...atus=F&hours=U
You would think that they would use a better
signal pattern to put more of their actual radio
signal into Ontario and Canada -but- apparently
they don't.
http://cache.eb.com/eb/image?id=64344&rendTypeId=4

FCC AM Radio Station Inquiry for 860 kHz
http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/amq?state...2=&EW=W&size=9

~ RHF