Old January 4th 09, 03:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default CHU - 7850

In article , elaich wrote:

Actually heard this faintly last night using only the whip on the DX-440. I
hadn't heard CHU in years - it sounds like there is an SSB element now.
Aside from the AM tweeps, there was an SSB growler at the same spacing but
about a half second off. Is this coming from CHU, or is there another time
signal station on this frequency?

They have been USB for as long as I have listened to them.

As far as I know they do broadcast enough carrier for most AM detectors
to work but most of the power is in the upper sideband so you will
always get better reception of them in that mode. I don't think the
frequency change has changed the mode they broadcast in any way.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

CHU - 7850 dxAce Shortwave 0 December 31st 08 07:20 AM
CHU Moving to 7850 Thomas Shortwave 6 December 16th 08 07:02 AM
FA: KENWOOD TR-7850 Sells Today $49.00 [email protected] Swap 0 August 27th 06 01:55 PM
Questions on Kenwood TS-7850 - PL module. J. Teske Equipment 1 July 28th 05 05:32 PM
Is it possible to modify this radio? kenwood tr-7850 RCM Homebrew 0 September 12th 04 04:34 AM