Old January 6th 09, 06:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Grayland DXped. Medium Wave Loggings - Dec. 29, 2008

Using a Perseus receiver has radically changed the way I chase and
listen to DX. With the ability to record and play back and entire MW
band, and employing a "looping" technique across the top of the hour,
I find I can catch and ID far more DX from a single evening than is
possible with conventional receivers and techniques.

The 29th was an average midwinter "doldrums" DX evening, but digging
out top of the hour catches for this single night has kept me busy
until now. I haven't yet started checking frequencies on the files
recorded at the bottom of the hour or in-between! Nor have I yet gone
through the files for December 30th, except for a few hours of 60
meters tropical band DX (which was very good, with numerous Indian
regionals, Vietnam, and three morning longpath Africans including
Chad--first time ever for me via longpath).

I'll bet Walt Salmaniw and Chuck Hutton are still wading through their
many Perseus WAV files from their DXpedition to northern Vancouver
Island in November, despite the lackluster conditions they
encountered. They are sure to find more DX on their hard drives
waiting to be discovered!

I've written on my blog about the importance of a high quality sound
card and headphones for the best weak audio recovery when using a low
noise SDR receiver like Perseus. I think these two items give an
"edge" to the receiver system that helps me to have the best chance at
the really weak, threshold DX signals. The Edirol UA-25 mentioned on
my blog is an example of a relatively inexpensive upgrade to a
laptop's built in sound card or the average sound card installed in
most desktops. My gut feeling is that 5-10% of the weakest, most
threshold level stations I logged were made possible by the Edirol
UA-25 and my Sennheiser HD-525 headphones. They give you the sense of
being able to really dig into the noise, splatter, and muck to provide
improved clarity and a better chance at IDing a station.

If I come up with any new or different loggings from these after I
listen to the Perseus files from Dec. 30th I will post them here.

------------------------

558 JAPAN JOCR Kobe, Dec 29 1500 - Nice piano music and talk by woman
in
Japanese; single time pip at 1500, and into guitar music and more
talk. Parallel to
603 which is supposed to be NHK1, but 603 was not parallel to other
known
NHK1 stations like 594. JOCR 558 is listed as 'CRK' network in PAL.
Fair to
good. (Atkins-WA)

567 JAPAN JOIK Sapporo, Dec 29 1158 - Male announcer in Japanese to
3+1
time pips. Fair, and parallel to 594 Tokyo. (Atkins-WA)

576 RUSSIA R. Mayak, Dec 29 1159 - Moscow Nights chimes at 1159:45,
then
5+1 time pips (with echo from other station on the frequency) before a
male gave
announcements in Russian. Poor to fair in jumble. (Atkins-WA)

580 ALASKA KRSA Petersburg, Dec 29 0600 - Top of hour ID as 'This is
KRSA
Petersburg, your station for faith'. Into Christian contemporary
music. Good
signal. (Atkins-WA)

594 JAPAN JOAK Tokyo, Dec 29 1000 - Woman with ID 'JOAK Tokyo' in
Japanese at top of hour. 3+1 time pips, and into NHK1 news. Fair.
(Atkins-WA)

603 JAPAN JOOG/JOKK, Dec 29 1500 - Unknown Japanese here, with piano
music, Japanese talk, and guitar music, parallel to 558 (but not 567
as listed, nor
594, both NHK1 stations). Has JOOG/JOKK changed affiliation to the
CRK
network? Fair but in the clear. (Atkins-WA)

603 SOUTH KOREA HLSA KBS2 Namyang, Dec 29 1400 - Fair at best with
rapid pop music, single long time pip, and Korean talk. (Atkins-WA)

612 JAPAN JOLK Fukuoka, Dec 29 1159 - A surprisingly poor JOLK here,
considering they are 100 kw. Japanese male announcer at 1159, 5+1 time
pips,
and back to the announcer, parallel to 594 Tokyo. (Atkins-WA)

621 CHINA Heilongjiang?, Dec 29 1400 - Asian pops and Chinese talk;
echo
sound effects. More than one other station in the background creating
a real mess.
(Atkins-WA)

630 ALASKA KJNO Juneau, Dec 29 0500 - ID at top of hour as 'The ??
information station, 630 KJNO, Juneau, Alaska, the home of CBS News'.
Fair
level. (Atkins-WA)

639 CHINA CNR 1, Dec 29 1159 - Unknown location with female in Chinese
1200 5+1 time pips. Poor to fair. (Atkins-WA)

648 RUSSIA Voice of Russia, Dec 29 1159 - Loud and clear VoR interval
signal
to male announcer in Korean. Good level. (Atkins-WA)

657 NORTH KOREA Pyongyang Pansong, Dec 29 1159 - Very strident and
harsh speech or talk by male in Korean, a few seconds of a lumbering
orchestral
tune, and 5+1 time pips at 1200. Immediately back to an apparent
continuation of
the same material; hard to listen to the angry announcer even without
understanding the language! Fair signal. (Atkins-WA)

666 JAPAN JOBK Osaka, Dec 29 1600 - Man in Japanese, 3+1 time pips,
and
into NHK network ID and presumed news. Good signal, and parallel to
594.
(Atkins-WA)

666 UNIDENTIFIED Unid. TA, Dec 29 0615 - Weak talk in possible slavic
language. Signal appeared briefly every 10 minutes or so, and faded
after a
minute of weak audio. Possibly Lithuania, which has a SR around 0650?.
(Atkins-
WA)

670 ALASKA KDLG Dillingham, Dec 29 0500 - Top of Hour ID by male
announcer as 'KDLG Dillingham, also heard on KIAL Unalaska, KSDP Sand
Point, KNSA Unalakleet, and K201 DA??' Fair to good level, but
fighting co-
channel KBOI Boise. What is that last ID that was mentioned? I heard
'K201'
spelled out, and then the letters D-A, but that certainly doesn't
sound like a AM
broadcast band callsign. (Atkins-WA)

693 JAPAN JOAB Tokyo, Dec 29 1200 - 3+1 time pips at 1200, followed
by
flute music and into English lessons, parallel to 747 and 774. Good
signal, but lots
of splatter from a very strong 690 kHz. (Atkins-WA)

700 ALASKA KBYR Anchorage, Dec 29 0500 - Sports news and mentions of
ESPN by woman, followed by very weak partial 'KB??' ID by man.
Tentative.
(Atkins-WA)

702 JAPAN NHK2 Unid. Location, Dec 29 1200 - 3+1 time pips at 1200,
followed by English lessons with male and female announcers. Poor to
fair, and
parallel 747 and 774. (Atkins-WA)

720 RUSSIA Voice of Russia / R. Mayak, Dec 29 1100 - Good signal
dominating
KDWN, Las Vegas at the top of the hour, with 'Moscow Nights' chimes
and 5+1
time pips. Into Chinese talk at 1101. (Atkins-WA)

729 JAPAN JOCK Nagoya, Dec 29 1300 - 3+1 time pips at top of the hour,
and
into Japanese by male with mentions of NHK. Fair, and parallel to 594.
(Atkins-
WA)

738 JAPAN JOLR Toyama, Dec 29 1300 - Presumed this station in North
Honshu, with 3+1 time pips somewhat early (1159:55) and Japanese talk.
(Atkins-
WA)

747 JAPAN JOIB Sapporo, Dec 29 0614 - Fair signal with English lesson,
about
1 hour before Sapporo SS. Parallel to 774. (Atkins-WA)

750 ALASKA KFQD Anchorage, Dec 29 0500 - 'News talk 7-50,
KFQD...Anchorage' ID at top of the hour, and then into network news.
Very good
signal. (Atkins-WA)

756 CHINA CNR 1, Dec 29 1200 - Unknown location with Chinese to 1200
5+1
time pips and into orchestral fanfare, and then more Chinese talk.
Fair. (Atkins-
WA)

774 JAPAN JOUB Akita, Dec 29 0610 - Fair signal at tune-in, about
1-1/2 hours
before Akita SS. Japanese talk and music, parallel to 747. I retuned
at 1000 and
caught an English lesson with three Japanese instructors, and was
surprised to
hear one of them introduce himself by saying 'and my name is GUY!!'.
(Atkins-
WA)

780 ALASKA KNOM Nome, Dec 29 0700 - Male announcer with ID and time
check 'KNOM Nome, it's 10 o'clock'. Good signal. (Atkins-WA)

790 ALASKA KCAM Glenallen, Dec 29 0600 - Loud and clear signal with
female announcer IDing as 'You're spending the holidays with KCAM
Glenallen
Alaska, the voice of the Copper River Valley'. ID for KGMI Bellingham,
WA in
background. (Atkins-WA)

800 ALASKA KINY Juneau, Dec 29 0500 - 'Broadcasting from Alaska's
capital,
KINY Juneau' ID at 0500. Fair signal. (Atkins-WA)

828 JAPAN JOBB Osaka, Dec 29 0900 - Japanese talk to 3+1 time pips at
0900,
followed by English news, per schedule, and parallel to 747 and 774.
Fair level,
but found them with an excellent signal at 1300. At 1500, caught a
nice local
JOBB ID. (Atkins-WA)

830 USA KNCO Grass Valley, CA, Dec 29 0500 - Looking for KSDP Sand
Point
Alaska, here, but came up with ID for KNCO: 'You're listening to
Nevada
County's award-winning mobile news station, news talk 830 KNCO'. Fair
signal.
(Atkins-WA)

837 CHINA Unid., Dec 29 0800 - Unknown Chinese station, weak with
woman
announcer to 5+1 time pips at top of hour. Signal too far into the
mush to make
out any ID. Harbin perhaps?. (Atkins-WA)

846 JAPAN NHK1 synchros, Dec 29 1300 - Low level Japanese audio here,
with
3+1 time pips at 1300 and Japanese talk. (Atkins-WA)

864 JAPAN Unid., Dec 29 1300 - A jumble of low power Japanese outlets,
with a
3+1 time pips rising to the top at 1300, but mostly a spaghetti-like
mix of
Japanese speakers. (Atkins-WA)

873 JAPAN JOGB Kumamoto, Dec 29 1100 - English lesson at 1100 tune-
in,
with discussion on the proper etiquette for throwing away a non-
recycleable
plastic bag (where DO they come up with these topics?!). Good signal,
and
parallel 774 and 747. I heard a nice clear 'JOGB' ID at 1500 recheck.
(Atkins-
WA)

890 ALASKA KBBI Homer, Dec 29 0600 - Top of the hour ID as 'This is
KBBI
AM 890 Homer, Alaska', given by an announcer who gave his name as
'Freedom'.
Weather forecast gave wind chills for the following morning as 25 to
35 below
zero Fahrenheit. Into NPR news. Good level. (Atkins-WA)

890 CANADA CJDC Dawson Creek, Dec 29 0500 - ID at 0500 as 'We are the
Peace Country's King(?), CJDC' by male announcer. Poor to fair under
heavy co-
channel interference. (Atkins-WA)

909 JAPAN JOCB Nagoya, Dec 29 1200 - Japanese announcer to 3+1 time
pips,
flute music, and into English lessons, parallel to 747 and 774. Fair
level, with an
intriguing background station that might have been Philippino. (Atkins-
WA)

918 CHINA Unid. location, Dec 29 1200 - Synchros here with multiple
echos,
5+1 time pips at 1200, background music and male announcer in
Chinese.
Thought I heard mention of Shandong, but all I can make out for sure
is Renmin
Guangbo Dientai. Good signal. (Atkins-WA)

936 CHINA Unid., Dec 29 1100 - Unknown location with flute music
before and
after 5+1 time pips; male announcer in Chinese. Very weak level.
Anhui?.
(Atkins-WA)

945 JAPAN NHK1, Dec 29 1200 - Unidentified location with 3+1 time pips
and
faint signal of Japanese announcer. Mixing heavily with 5+1 pips and
programming of unid. Chinese station. (Atkins-WA)

954 JAPAN JOKR Tokyo, Dec 29 1200 - Fair signal of Japanese announcers
in
heavy splatter of KJR Seattle. Mentions of Tokyo; I didn't notice any
time pips at
the top of the hour. (Atkins-WA)

963 CHINA CRI, Dec 29 1200 - Strong S-8 signal of Russian service
with
familiar music at top of the hour, and ID in Russian. Into presumed
news at 1201.
(Atkins-WA)

970 ALASKA KFBX Fairbanks, Dec 29 0600 - A very, very messy frequency
with noise and low-level garbled voices, but I managed to pull out a
'KFBX' ID
from the muck at 0559:54. About as poor of a signal as you can get and
still hear
an ID, thanks to looping the Perseus WAV file multiple times around
the top-of-
the-hour. (Atkins-WA)

972 SOUTH KOREA HLCA, Dec 29 1800 - Male and female Korean talk; 3+1
time pips at 1800 followed by presumed ID. Speech or political
sounding talk at
1806 by man. Fair level at over two hours past local sunrise, and
still providing
very weak audio at 1850! Alas, it was just a strong het a few minutes
later and the
time pips and announcements at 1900 could not be heard. HLCA was
strong
throughout the evening however. (Atkins-WA)

981 CHINA CNR 1, Dec 29 1200 - Unknown location with 5+1 time pips
and
Chinese talk by male announcer at top of the hour. Very faint in 980
splatter.
(Atkins-WA)

999 CHINA Liaoning Jingji GD, Dec 29 1159 - Female announcer in
Chinese
with what sounded like 'Liaoning Jingji' mentioned twice prior to
1200, followed
by 5+1 time pips. Signal was mostly down in the jumble with another
station on
999 after 1200. Some splatter from KOMO 1000. Tentative, and fair
signal before
fading. (Atkins-WA)

1008 NETHERLANDS GrootNieuwsRadio, Dec 29 0515 - Tentative, with
Dutch
or French sounding talk 0515 by man, then mostly music to fade at
0525. Back up
again briefly at 0540. Weak signal. (Atkins-WA)

1017 CHINA CNR, Dec 29 1100 - Unid. location with very strong signal
at tune-
in, trumpet fanfare, and undecipherable partial '...Guangbo Dientai'
ID. Rapid
fadeout or pause in programming revealed a weak Kiwi accented English
announcers beneath, with mentions of Christchurch. Radio Hauraki
perhaps?.
(Atkins-WA)

1017 JAPAN JOLB Fukuoka, Dec 29 1200 - Heard with 3+1 time pips and
Japanese talk parallel to 774, and co-channel at equal level with CRI
Russian
service. Fair. (Atkins-WA)

1026 CHINA Beijing Jingji GD, Dec 29 1000 - 5+1 time pips at 1000,
followed
by ID in Chinese 'Beijing Jingji Guangbo Dientai' by male. Into
instrumental flute
music. Poor to fair signal. (Atkins-WA)

1035 JAPAN CNR 1, Dec 29 1200 - Another unknown CNR1 China location
with 5+1 time pips, music, and Chinese talk, on a jumbled frequency.
Scraps of
Japanese talk heard co-channel--seven low power NHK2 outlets listed
for 1035.
(Atkins-WA)

1044 SOUTH KOREA KBS1, Dec 29 1000 - Female with talk in Korean, to a
clear 'HLCA' ID (pronounced by announcer as 'H-ee - L - C - Ahh'. The
station
HLCA is on 972 kHz, so this 1044 outlet must be relaying HLCA. The PAL
guide
lists two South Korean stations here, each relaying a different
station than HLCA.
Fair signal. (Atkins-WA)

1053 CHINA Unidentified, Dec 29 1500 - Rapid fire Chinese talk, mixing
with
3+1 Japanese time pips. Fair to good signal. (Atkins-WA)

1062 SOUTH KOREA HLKQ Cheongju, Dec 29 1100 - Poor signal of Korean
talk; no time pips noted at top of the hour. Presumed. (Atkins-WA)

1107 JAPAN Unidentified, Dec 29 1200 - Presumed unknown MBC or MRO
network station here, with time pip at 1200 and Japanese talk by man.
Poor signal.
(Atkins-WA)

1134 JAPAN JOQR Tokyo, Dec 29 1812 - Instrumental music and Japanese
talk
by woman and man at tune-in. One of the few TPs remaining past 1800.
Fair level
on peaks. (Atkins-WA)

1143 TAIWAN BEL3 Baisha - Taiwan Fisheries, Dec 29 1200 - Orchestral
music
1159, to 3+1 time pips 1200, and talk by woman in Chinese. Fair level
and
parallel to 1593. (Atkins-WA)

1188 JAPAN JOKP Kitami, Dec 29 1200 - 3+1 time pips and Japanese talk
by
man at 1200; fair level in splatter, and parallel to 594. (Atkins-WA)

1188 UNIDENTIFIED Unid. TA, Dec 29 0545 - Strong het noted here 0515,
then
weak audio and snippets of music. MR4 Hungary here? 0555 UTC is
around
sunrise in central Hungary. (Atkins-WA)

1197 JAPAN JOWL Asahikawa, Dec 29 1200 - Weak splattered signal, but
strong enough to detect a parallel to 1440 JOWF. Female talk in
Japanese to
1159:57 single long time pip, and into siren sound effects and more
talk. (Atkins-
WA)

1206 CHINA Yanbian RGD, Dec 29 0900 - Female with Korean language per
schedule, to 0900 organ music. Good level until signal took a rapid
dive into the
splatter just past 0900. Presumed. (Atkins-WA)

1215 CHINA CNR7 Voice of Old China, Dec 29 1200 - Modern 'hip'
programming with Western-style advert production and Chinese pop
music, 5+1
time pips at 1200, and many announcements by man and woman in Chinese
1203. I believe I heard a partial '...Huaxia zhi Sheng' ID spoken very
quickly at
1202. Very good level on peaks, but sometimes dropping down into the
noise.
(Atkins-WA)

1224 JAPAN JOJK Kanazawa, Dec 29 1200 - Man in Japanese with NHK
network ID at 1159:45, and 3+1 pips at 1200. Fair to good. (Atkins-WA)

1242 JAPAN JOLF Tokyo, Dec 29 0900 - Male & female announcers in
Japanese, with 3+1 time pips, and into advertisements or
announcements. At
0900:12, I noticed another station in the background with Gregorian
chant-like
singing and ringing of a ship's bell. Rather strange...I wonder what
this was?.
(Atkins-WA)

1278 CHINA CNR, Dec 29 0900 - Unid. outlet with Chinese talk to music
bits
and 5+1 time pips at 0900. Could only pick out a very partial
'??...??...dientai' ID.
Good signal. (Atkins-WA)

1287 JAPAN JOHR Sapporo, Dec 29 1655 - Happened upon this station just
as it
was entering a fade, but caught two or three 'JOHR HBC' IDs by male
before the
signal became unreadable. It was audible again by 1700, but I didn't
note any IDs
at top of hour. Fair to good level overall. Also noted earlier in the
evening at 0900
with very good signal. (Atkins-WA)

1314 JAPAN JOUF Osaka, Dec 29 1200 - Japanese talk, and long single
time pip
at top of hour. Female announcer with mentions of various Japan cities
(Kyoto,
Tokyo, etc.). Fair signal. (Atkins-WA)

1332 JAPAN JOSF Nagoya, Dec 29 1100 - Fair signal with 2+1 time pips
at
1100, then jazzy music ('Watermelon Man' tune) with voice-over
Japanese
announcers, then a surprising, reverb-heavy repetition of the 'F' word
(you know
what I mean!). You hear the strangest things on foreign radio...
(Atkins-WA)

1350 JAPAN JOER Hiroshima, Dec 29 1159 - Totally inaudible beneath
domestic
stations at 1159:00, JOER rose quickly to a good level before the top
of the hour
to dominate the channel with male and female Japanese talk. 2+1 time
pips at
1200, some more Japanese chatter, and gone again by 1200:30. (Atkins-
WA)

1368 JAPAN JOTS Wakkanai, Dec 29 1245 - First noted with Japanese talk
at
fair level 1245, and beautiful guitar and woodwinds instrumental at
1251, when it
improved to very good, parallel to 1287 JOHR. Faded shortly
thereafter, but back
up enough at 1300 to detect 3+1 time pips and more talk by man in
Japanese.
Great level for a 1 kw station!. (Atkins-WA)

1377 RUSSIA R. Yunost, Dec 29 0800 - 1970s rock music at tune-in
(sounded
like The Who); Deep voiced announcer in Russian with ID, and back to
rock
music, electronica style. Fair to good level. (Atkins-WA)

1386 JAPAN NHK2, Dec 29 0900 - Unid. NHK2 station, with Japanese talk
by
male to 3+1 time pips, followed by news in English (per PAL/NHK2 Web
site).
Poor but improving signal. (Atkins-WA)

1404 CHINA Hubei RGD, Dec 29 1700 - Sign-off announcements by male in
Chinese with RGD ID, and pulled the plug at 1704 (PAL lists 1700*).
Fair signal.
(Atkins-WA)

1422 JAPAN JORF Yokohama, Dec 29 1159 - Apparent advertisement 1159,
long single time pip at 1200, followed woman in Japanese and mentions
of Radio
Nippon. Good to very good signal. (Atkins-WA)

1440 JAPAN JOWF Sapporo, Dec 29 1000 - Japanese talk and music; single
time
pip or tone at 1000 to male and female announcers. Good signal.
(Atkins-WA)

1467 SOUTH KOREA HLKN Mokpo, Dec 29 1300 - Man and woman Korean
announcers, 3+1 time pips, and more Korean talk past 1300. Fair level
at best.
(Atkins-WA)

1475 MALAYSIA RTM Kota Kinabalu, Dec 29 1159 - As with JOER
Hiroshima,
RTM rose from nothingness at 1159 to a fair level by 1200, with woman
in
presumed Bahasa Malaysian, thumping rock music beat, and two mentions
of
Malaysia after 1200. Back into the noise by 1202. (Atkins-WA)

1503 JAPAN JOUK Akita, Dec 29 1200 - Man in Japanese, 3+1 time pips
at
1200, and into presumed news with mentions of world cities. Good
signal and
parallel to 594 NHK1. (Atkins-WA)

1557 TAIWAN Family Radio - WYFR, Dec 29 1600 - Dr. Harold Camping
with
Bible teaching in English. Fair signal, but fluttery. (Atkins-WA)

1566 SOUTH KOREA HLAZ Cheju, Dec 29 0900 - Christian hymn to
announcements in Korean, then 3+1 time pips and into presumed ID and
broadcast in Russian at 0900. Strong signal just past Korea sunset.
(Atkins-WA)

1575 THAILAND VOA Ban Phachi, Dec 29 1300 - VOA music fanfare and ID
in English at 1300 and mentions of Washington DC. Into Vietnamese
programming at 1301. Fair signal. (Atkins-WA)

1593 CHINA CNR1, Dec 29 1100 - Unid. location with announcers in
Chinese,
5+1 time pips, orchestral music, and a few '...Guangbo Dientai'
partial IDs. Fair to
good. (Atkins-WA)

1602 JAPAN NHK2 synchros, Dec 29 1200 - Whispers of Japanese audio
here,
and 3+1 time pips 1200. Disappointed there was nothing more
substantial, but
conditions on the 29th were not superb for Japan, based on the weak
showing of
the low powered JJ outlets. (Atkins-WA)

---------------------------

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA
DXing from Grayland Beach State Park
Perseus SDR X2 / Wellbrook Phased Array antenna (proto)
PA0RDT Mini-Whip Antenna
Old January 6th 09, 07:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 6, 8:56*am, Guy Atkins wrote:
[...]

Nice work Guy = excellent catches - that Perseus certainly pulls in
the volumes.
Impressed with your tentative Dutchman on 1008 - that's very unusual
for Grayland Is'nt it?

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-7700, Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
ERGO software
Drake SW8. Sangean 803A
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop.
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx
Old January 6th 09, 02:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in news:7ec3f813-15b4-4ca7-bc99-
:

Nice work Guy = excellent catches - that Perseus certainly pulls in
the volumes.

Did you actually have to quote over 1000 lines of text to make that comment
at the bottom?
Old January 6th 09, 08:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"elaich" wrote in message ...
wrote in news:7ec3f813-15b4-4ca7-bc99-
:

Nice work Guy = excellent catches - that Perseus certainly pulls in
the volumes.

Did you actually have to quote over 1000 lines of text to make that
comment
at the bottom?

You are annoying. Mr. Plimmer is among the top DXers in the world. You
aren't.

Old January 6th 09, 08:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Frackelton Gleason, carrying on his tradition of posing as 'Eduardo' into
the New Year, wrote:

"elaich" wrote in message ...
wrote in news:7ec3f813-15b4-4ca7-bc99-
:

Nice work Guy = excellent catches - that Perseus certainly pulls in
the volumes.

Did you actually have to quote over 1000 lines of text to make that
comment
at the bottom?

You are annoying.

You are the one who is annoying, Mr. Faux Hispanic.

Now toddle off and pretend to do something.

Old January 7th 09, 12:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Hi John,

The GrootNiewsRadio station in Holland was heard by me in Sept. 2007
at our Queen Charlotte Islands DXpedition. I have also heard it
tentatively before at Grayland, and even at my home QTH of Puyallup, a
long distance from the coast. For some reason, this station "gets out"
really well.

Best DX, and I hope you can find the "master switch" to the AC mains
at that noisy, nearby supermarket in your neighborhood!

Guy