Old January 18th 09, 08:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Eton E1 - is it still in Stock at Universal Radio???

Sounds like an awesome radio but I read they were being discontinued,
lack of sales I guess. I see Universal has them up on their webpage.
Would be safe to stay if I ordered one that I would recieve it in the
mail in a few days and would the unit be a brand new unit or used
unit???

Thanks much
Old January 18th 09, 12:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 18, 3:43*am, SC Dxing wrote:
Sounds like an awesome radio but I read they were being discontinued,
lack of sales I guess. I see Universal has them up on their webpage.
Would be safe to stay if I ordered one that I would recieve it in the
mail in a few days and would the unit be a brand new unit or used
unit???

Thanks much

I don't know SC but let the group know what you're going to do. If it
isn't available do you have your eyes on something else? :-)
Old January 18th 09, 12:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 18, 3:43*am, SC Dxing wrote:
Sounds like an awesome radio but I read they were being discontinued,
lack of sales I guess. I see Universal has them up on their webpage.
Would be safe to stay if I ordered one that I would recieve it in the
mail in a few days and would the unit be a brand new unit or used
unit???

Thanks much

I forgot to ask SC- did you ever get you another loop yet?
Old January 18th 09, 02:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

The ETON E1 is in stock and available at www.Radioworld.ca/ Still
listed yesterday, Saturday Jan.17/09. Price NEW is $ 500 Canadian
money. U.S. dollar is at a premium, so you may be able to save on
exchange rate. Try a request E-Mail and see what their price would
translate into in U.S. Dollars.
I don't know what their policy is on that, but it might pay to check
it out.
Good Listening from SW4ever...

Old January 18th 09, 04:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I forgot to ask SC- did you ever get you another loop yet?

Not yet. I picked up a S350DL and for AM dxing, it's a butt kicker....
Daytime AM especially, the 350 pulls in a lot of stuff the Grundig G6 and
other radio simply can't.

For shortwave, that's another story, on a strong station, the 350 does the
job, that's about it.

Old January 18th 09, 04:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"SW4ever" wrote in message
The ETON E1 is in stock and available at www.Radioworld.ca/ Still
listed yesterday, Saturday Jan.17/09. Price NEW is $ 500 Canadian
money. U.S. dollar is at a premium, so you may be able to save on
exchange rate.

It's $400 at Univeral Radio but I also read where people have ordered radios
over the web that weren't in stock. Still might go with your choice of the
750 which I know you love. This would be so much easier if I could actually
play with the radios instead of looking through the web. I'll have to email
and see if Grove Enterprises in Brasstown is a brick and mortar store or
just internet.....

Anyhow thanks.....

Old January 18th 09, 05:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jan 18, 8:19*am, "SC Dxing" wrote:
"SW4ever" wrote in message

The ETON E1 is in stock and available atwww.Radioworld.ca/* Still
listed yesterday, Saturday Jan.17/09. Price NEW is $ 500 Canadian
money. U.S. dollar is at a premium, so you may be able to save on
exchange rate.

It's $400 at Univeral Radio but I also read where people have ordered radios
over the web that weren't in stock. Still might go with your choice of the
750 which I know you love. This would be so much easier if I could actually
play with the radios instead of looking through the web. I'll have to email
and see if Grove Enterprises in Brasstown is a brick and mortar store or
just internet.....

Anyhow thanks.....

Wouldn't it be easier to call Grove Enterprises
up and ask a real person to see . . .
http://www.grove-ent.com/html/contact_grove.html
TEL : 1-828-837-9200
FAX : 1-828-837-2216
Monday-Friday: 9 - 11:30 am -12:30 - 5 PM EST
Old January 19th 09, 02:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,

"SW4ever" wrote in message

[...]

.

You think Universal does not answer the phone you retard? I've always
ordered my equipment from them over the phone with a credit card.
Don't support the "all things digital" guys at grove.

There are many ways of getting your favorite radio equipment from
Universal Radio.

Phone and FAX lines:
1 800 431-3939 Orders & Prices
1 614 866-4267 Information
1 614 866-2339 FAX
Phone hours a
Monday thru Wednesday & Friday - 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Thursday - 9:30 AM to 7 PM
Saturday - 9:30 AM to 3 PM

E-Mail:
Questions:*
Catalog requests:*

Postal Mail:
Universal Radio, Inc.
6830 Americana Parkway
Reynoldsburg, OH 43068-4113 U.S.A.

Visit our showroom located in Reynoldsburg, Ohio (just East of
Columbus). Click here for map.
Monday - 10 AM to 5:30 PM
Tuesday - 10 AM to 5:30 PM
Wednesday - 10 AM to 5:30 PM
Thursday - 10 AM to 7:00 PM
Friday - 10 AM to 5:30 PM
Saturday - 10 AM to 3 PM
Sunday - Closed
(Universal is in the Eastern Time Zone).

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old January 19th 09, 08:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I contacted Grove Enterprises and they said they would let me physically
examine the radios they have for sale if they are in stock. I look forward
to the drive one day. Good quick response to my email.

--
My simple blog
http://scdxing.blogspot.com