Old January 21st 09, 02:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default How Radio Fired People. It Got Ugly..

I’m told that was the scene at Clear Channel’s cluster in Greenville-
Spartanburg, SC. And truth to tell, local managers didn’t have any
good options, did they? But after the laid-off staffers in many
markets got the news, they were commonly asked to leave the building
immediately and to return this weekend to pick up their personal
stuff. In at least one major-market case, it was done more coldly.
Fired staffers were told their stuff would be shipped to them and they
shouldn’t stop to say goodbye to co-workers as they were escorted from
the building. Their questions weren’t answered by the managers doing
the layoffs, and the report I got was “the people were treated like
they were second-class citizens.” And then there’s the report out of
Tucson – that management stationed a police officer outside the
building to watch, as people were shown out of the facility and into
the parking lot.

From radio-info.com

So let's see he positive spin Kool-Aid boy
Can HD be next? it's costing these reptile companies money.. and we
know what happens don't we..
Old January 21st 09, 02:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Imus used to say, back before MSNBC, that he had
an open invitation for hosts he displaced to come
on the air and say goodbye to their audiences, in
recognition of how they'd been treated by the new
affiliate, in all probability.

I never heard anybody take him up on it.

Old January 21st 09, 02:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Incidentally, when you're fired, don't burn any bridges.

And speak well of where you used to work. Your interviewer
is considering that that's how you'll talk about him one
day.

Old January 21st 09, 05:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 21, 9:26 am, "Commander Col. Klink"
wrote:
[...]

From radio-info.com

So let's see he positive spin Kool-Aid boy
Can HD be next? it's costing these reptile companies money.. and we
know what happens don't we..

Can't wait for HD and iBiquity to fade away as well. The industry is
screwed and ****-brains like Kool-Aid boy are the problem.
Old January 21st 09, 05:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
[...]

From radio-info.com

So let's see he positive spin Kool-Aid boy
Can HD be next? it's costing these reptile companies money.. and we
know what happens don't we..

Greetings! I live in the Greenville / Spartanburg market and I am
wondering which stations specifically are you referring to? By the
call letters. Thanks! Jon.

Old January 21st 09, 05:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 21, 9:49*am, Ron Hardin wrote:
Imus used to say, back before MSNBC, that he had
an open invitation for hosts he displaced to come
on the air and say goodbye to their audiences, in
recognition of how they'd been treated by the new
affiliate, in all probability.

I never heard anybody take him up on it.

I agree with you 100% - It's sad really, these are people who threw no
fault of their own found themselves in
bad situations. They deserved to be treated better than cows led to
the slaughter. Cut people if you must, but treat good people with
respect. Radio eats it young alive..
I've found radio and radio management is filled with big egos and
plenty of attitude, they generally takes more than they ever give in
return. The game has changed, but they just haven't figured that out
yet. Less soles on the street may show some short term gains, but
won't improve things over the long haul.Reps who remain are going to
have their work load tripled. CC pays the lowest commissions in the
industry. If reps don't hit their unreal goals reps are generally paid
less.
As reps continue to deliver, goals are set even higher, until they
reach a ceiling and can't grow their accounts anymore or burnout from
the stress and struggle. You can only juggle so many balls at once,
radio doesn't see that and sadly customers suffer and leave. Same on
the programing side. PD's are stretched and as a result burnout.

Even before our economy crashed radio's revenues have been flat and
declining for years, this is not new. The pies isn't growing. Buyers
have been spending traditional media dollars on new media. When the
economy bonus back so will new media. Radio has problems beyond a poor
economy.

..
Old January 21st 09, 06:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default IBOC : "JimWilhelm" Another Anti-Terrestrial-AM&FM-Radio Sock-PuppetPost

wrote:
[...]

From radio-info.com

So let's see he positive spin Kool-Aid boy
Can HD be next? it's costing these reptile companies money.. and we
know what happens don't we..

- Can't wait for HD and iBiquity to fade away as well.
-*The industry is screwed and ****-brains like
- Kool-Aid boy are the problem.

JimWilhelm,

iBiquity Digital Corporation Investors are : ABC,
Beasley, Bonneville, Citadel, CLEAR CHANNEL,
Cox Radio, Cumulus, Emmis, Entercom, Gannett,
Radio One, Regent, Saga, Susquehanna, Univision
and Viacom.
-source- iBiquity Digital Corporation
http://www.ibiquity.com/about_us/investor_information

The Employees are a Day-to-Day Expense : While
IBOC and HD-Radio are a Capital Expenditure and
Tangible Market Asset that has real net asset value
in determining a Corporation Market Value.

Determining IBOC & FM HD-Radio's Future :
Check-Back in 2013
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...23cd7dd6a72421

Ham radio will die a slow ugly death when CW is eliminated. Slow Code General 2 December 2nd 06 01:41 AM
Ugly Radio heather Broadcasting 0 June 11th 06 07:35 AM
REAL UGLY RADIO heather Scanner 0 May 10th 06 10:55 AM
ugly radio. Dr.X CB 0 July 7th 04 05:57 AM