Old February 17th 09, 10:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Radio Bolivia

On 6.165, is this still the right time (1000 UCT) and freq? I have yet
to pu the
09 Passport. Booming here in the Nati' at a 3 on the meter but
extremely clear.

I am starting to think increasing the height by 10 ft. has been
really
helpfull. Isn't there basically a height as to which the increase of
signal pickup stops? I remember reading that some time back.

The Alpha Delta DX sloper is now at exactly 55ft. high. :-) Looks
pretty cool driving up to the house and seeing that along with the
Beam antenna at 40 ft. and the HUGEEEE Channel Master antenna at
50ft.
along with two scanner antennas hooked to the mast of the Channel
Master

Old February 17th 09, 10:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

BCBlazysusan wrote:

On 6.165, is this still the right time (1000 UCT) and freq? I have yet
to pu the
09 Passport. Booming here in the Nati' at a 3 on the meter but
extremely clear.

Have a station here in asian language at 1035.

Old February 17th 09, 10:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

BCBlazysusan wrote:

On 6.165, is this still the right time (1000 UCT) and freq? I have yet
to pu the
09 Passport. Booming here in the Nati' at a 3 on the meter but
extremely clear.

Have a station here in asian language at 1035.

Seems Chinese, and quite possibly CNR 6/

Old February 17th 09, 11:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

dxAce wrote:

BCBlazysusan wrote:

On 6.165, is this still the right time (1000 UCT) and freq? I have yet
to pu the
09 Passport. Booming here in the Nati' at a 3 on the meter but
extremely clear.

Have a station here in asian language at 1035.

Seems Chinese, and quite possibly CNR 6/

And all wiped out by Radio Nederland at 1100 in Spanish.

Old February 18th 09, 03:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 6.165, is this still the right time (1000 UCT) and freq? I have yet
to pu the
09 Passport. Booming here in the Nati' at a 3 on the meter but
extremely clear.

I am starting to think increasing the height by 10 ft. has been
really
helpfull. Isn't there basically a height as to which the increase of
signal pickup stops? I remember reading that some time back.

The Alpha Delta DX sloper is now at exactly 55ft. high. :-) Looks
pretty cool driving up to the house and seeing that along with the
Beam antenna at 40 ft. and the HUGEEEE Channel Master antenna at
50ft.
along with two scanner antennas hooked to the mast of the Channel
Master

Weeell, first of all where basically are you geographically?

I'd jump to a conclusion that you're somewhere in North America.

But Bolivia on 6165 at 1000 UTC would be pushing limits with 1 kW
under current propagation conditions, regardless of receiver and
antenna.

You must have monitored aome sort of programming content? And as
you're plumping for Bolivia, I presume in Spanish?

Any hints from programming for us? An hour later at 1100 UTC and I'd
say Radio Nederland in Spanish.

Old February 18th 09, 03:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 17, 10:29�pm, Nobody wrote:
[...]

say Radio Nederland in Spanish.- Hide quoted text -

I sincerely doubt you're hearing Bolivia...
Old February 18th 09, 09:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

BCBlazysusan wrote:

[...]

"Plumping for"? I have never heard that phrase. I said Bolivia because
that is the only thing from my 08 Passport at that time. I gave my
QTH, Cincinnati.

At 0935 I'm hearing here what I'd assume to be CNR 6 on 6165, no sign of Radio
Logos in Santa Cruz, Bolivia, and note that sunrise in La Paz is at around 1030.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

And, as always, don't let your children attend Louisville Technical Institute.
They've hired at least one dufus who once claimed to have a PhD, and who knows,
there may be more.

Old February 19th 09, 12:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

[...]

Hmmm... there must have been something in the programming that might
have been identifiable, even if you don't understand Spanish.

Music style probably would have been a giveaway for a local Bolivian
like R. Logos... what about commercials... jingles?

R. Santa Cruz (same location as Logos) was putting in regular
appearances in the Pac. NW around 0000-0100 back in late
November/early December on 6134.8 and creating a helluva racket for
anyone using 6135 legitimately. Reception was likely being enhanced
by our local sunset.

It was later replaced as a regular by R. Aparecida in Brazil, legit on
6135, though usually an hour earlier 2300-0000.
Old February 19th 09, 03:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
BCBlazysusan wrote:

[...]

If you want to hear Bolivia you should be able to do so. You have a much
better antenna than I have and I can get them.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 20th 09, 08:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Michael W. Bryant, the delirious dufus who once claimed to have a PhD, wrote:

[...]

I sincerely doubt that you've the experience, knowledge or equipment to express
an opinion on this one way or the other.

And, contrary to what "Nobody" stated, 1000 would be *precisely* the time frame
to be listening currently for that elusive Bolivian (Radio Logos) on or near
6165, 1 kW or not, provided one has the requisite equipment.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

And, as always, don't let your children attend Louisville Technical Institute.
They've hired at least one dufus who once claimed to have a PhD, and who knows,
there may be more.

AUDIOCLIP: RADIO KASHACHUN COCA BOLIVIA francesco Shortwave 0 September 29th 08 09:04 PM
Bolivia Mike Terry Shortwave 0 October 30th 04 07:12 PM
Bolivia Mike Terry Shortwave 0 October 23rd 04 04:32 PM
Radio Juan XXIII,Bolivia Mike Terry Shortwave 0 October 17th 04 04:45 PM
Bolivia Mike Terry Shortwave 0 October 15th 04 09:18 PM