Old February 25th 09, 04:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Bolivianos

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
No trace this morning of Radio Santa Cruz on 6134.8. Seemingly off.

Radio Fides in on 6155.27 at 1030 check.

Radio Cultural Juan XXIII, believed to be the one on 6055.1., weak.

Radio Panamericana, 6105.5, in, but extremely weak after WYFR s/off
at
1045 on
6105.

Actually, if you are talking about "Bolivian Radio Stations" they are
"bolivianas" and not "bolivianos" since radio stations are feminine.

Even the sports station?

The words for "radio station" such as emisora, difusora, radiodifusora,
radio, estación, estación de radio, are all feminine. The programming
does
not affect the gender of the noun.

I was just joking.

Ah, the key defect of the internet... it does not convey emotion or tone any
too well!

Old February 25th 09, 04:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
.
..
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
No trace this morning of Radio Santa Cruz on 6134.8. Seemingly off.

Radio Fides in on 6155.27 at 1030 check.

Radio Cultural Juan XXIII, believed to be the one on 6055.1.,
weak.

Radio Panamericana, 6105.5, in, but extremely weak after WYFR
s/off at 1045 on 6105.

Actually, if you are talking about "Bolivian Radio Stations"
they are "bolivianas" and not "bolivianos" since radio stations
are feminine.

Even the sports station?

The words for "radio station" such as emisora, difusora,
radiodifusora, radio, estación, estación de radio, are all
feminine. The programming does not affect the gender of the noun.

I was just joking.

Ah, the key defect of the internet... it does not convey emotion or
tone any too well!

The norm is to name objects like ships and storms in the feminine for
people speaking english. Looks like the same is true for spanish
speaking people.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 25th 09, 05:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

The words for "radio station" such as emisora, difusora,
radiodifusora, radio, estación, estación de radio, are all
feminine. The programming does not affect the gender of the noun.

I was just joking.

Ah, the key defect of the internet... it does not convey emotion or
tone any too well!

The norm is to name objects like ships and storms in the feminine for
people speaking english. Looks like the same is true for spanish
speaking people.

It is a little more complex. This is not a custom or tradition, but simply
agreement with the gender of each noun. "Car" is "carro" or "auto" or
"automóvil" or "coche" and all are masculine. Mexican made cars are "coches
mexicanos." Chairs are sillas, and silla is feminine... so Colombian made
chairs are sillas colombianas. The adjective follows the noun, and the noun
has an invariable gender. Radio stations, and all the terms used for that
single English term, are all feminine, so a Bolivian radio station is an
emisora boliviana. Many stations are emisoras bolivianas.

Interestingly, there are two meanings for the word "radio." "Una radio" is a
radio station, as I could say in the morning "me voy para la radio" which
means "I am going to the station." Yet "un radio" is a radio receiver, where
the understood "radio receptor" is masculine. So "tengo un radio para
escuchar la radio" means "I have a radio set on which I can hear radio
(stations)"

Just like we have radio and the Brits had wireless and we had tubes and they
had valves, a radio station in Spanish can be a difusora, emisora,
radiodifusora, radio emisora, estación de radio, radio estación and, simply,
radio.

Old February 25th 09, 08:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Frackelton Gleason, the clown 'tard who poses as 'Eduardo', wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

Actually, if you are talking about "Bolivian Radio Stations" they are
"bolivianas" and not "bolivianos" since radio stations are feminine.

Even the sports station?

The words for "radio station" such as emisora, difusora, radiodifusora,
radio, estación, estación de radio, are all feminine. The programming
does
not affect the gender of the noun.

Ah, so you're back on your Radio Difusora kick, eh?

It's not my fault that you don't understand any foreign language. "Radio
Difusora" means "Radio Station." It requires a name to be complete... often
the place name of the station's city, state or region in Portuguese.

My original reference to "Radio Difusora" (the one that got you started on your
pedantic kick) also included a frequency, and the aficionado (a little Spanish lingo
for those in Glendale) would have known exactly what I had meant!

Think of it as shorthand, dufus!

You may now totter off.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 25th 09, 02:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message

I was just joking.

Ah, the key defect of the internet... it does not convey emotion or tone
any too well!

That is absurd. The composer of the text is responsible for the lack of
visceral conveyance; not the transport layer.

Old February 25th 09, 07:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
David Eduardo wrote:

Just like we have radio and the Brits had wireless and we had tubes and they
had valves, a radio station in Spanish can be a difusora, emisora,
radiodifusora, radio emisora, estación de radio, radio estación and, simply,
radio.

Can you tell what dialect they're speaking by which version they use?

Mark Zenier

Old February 25th 09, 09:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 25, 6:11*am, dave wrote:
David Eduardo wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
I was just joking.

- - Ah, the key defect of the internet...
- - it does not convey emotion or tone
- - any too well!

Go tell that to the people on You[u]Tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtXQ31F1A-k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcad9bNv670
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVIhMQgoOvM
-ps- Does the Language and 'visual'
thingees pretty good too...

- That is absurd.
-*The composer of the text is responsible
- for the lack of visceral conveyance; *
- not the transport layer.

? visceral conveyance ?

Now where is that Funk & Wagnalls ? ~ RHF
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funk_&_Wagnalls
Old February 26th 09, 01:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
dave wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message

I was just joking.

Ah, the key defect of the internet... it does not convey emotion or tone
any too well!

That is absurd. The composer of the text is responsible for the lack of
visceral conveyance; not the transport layer.

I take full responsibility for not using emoticons.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 26th 09, 12:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
dave wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:
"Telamon" wrote in message
I was just joking.

Ah, the key defect of the internet... it does not convey emotion or tone
any too well!

That is absurd. The composer of the text is responsible for the lack of
visceral conveyance; not the transport layer.

I take full responsibility for not using emoticons.

I don't recall Edgar Allan Poe using emoticons.