Old February 23rd 09, 06:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Legal Problems at iBiquity?

I just saw this post on Diymedia.net:

"2/23/09 - iBiquity Twists Its Tubes"

"While working on dissertation research this weekend, I poked around
iBiquity's web site. Not quite prominently featured (i.e., off the
main page), the company hypes its HD standard and, quite repeatedly,
refers interested parties to HDRadio.com for more information. But
clicking that link is not so easy. You are presented with a verbose
(and poorly-written) 'legal disclaimer' dialog-box.. My question is,
why all the disclaimage?"

http://www.diymedia.net/archive/0209.htm#022309

I found that disclaimer by clicking on "WWW.HDRADIO.COM" on the bottom
of the side of the page, he

http://ibiquity.com/about_us

How interesting, I didn't know that iBiquity owns hdradio.com, but
feels the need to post a disclaimer. What's up with that? Perhaps,
ibiquity is being called on its false claims about HD Radio, and could
be running into legal problems? I've never seen a company with such
questionable morals and tactics.
Old February 24th 09, 01:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 23, 1:37 pm, BoobleStubble wrote:
[...]

Interesting observation but not unexpected. Everything about iBiquity
is questionable – from its defective technology and its relationship
with the Federal Government to its bogus press releases and fake
statistics.

I hope this year is the defining year for them and they fade away.