Old February 25th 09, 05:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default IBiquity to the Alliance – “Let’s screw with consumers”

Ibiquity to the alliance – “Let’s screw with consumers”

One of my local FM stations quit transmitting HD a month back. Not
really noteworthy, as I'm probably the only one that even noticed, but
they continue to announce that they’re transmitting “in crystal clear
HD”.

Now, how bogus is that? What a way of screwing yourself if you’re a
proponent of HD radio. Consumers are saturated with the “HD” acronym
such that it’s meaningless as this illustrates.

Struble you lost the battle and in fact you’re losing the war.
Old February 25th 09, 07:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 25, 12:52*pm, wrote:
Ibiquity to the alliance – “Let’s screw with consumers”

One of my local FM stations quit transmitting HD a month back. *Not
really noteworthy, as I'm probably the only one that even noticed, but
they continue to announce that they’re transmitting “in crystal clear
HD”.

Now, how bogus is that? *What a way of screwing yourself if you’re a
proponent of HD radio. *Consumers are saturated with the “HD” acronym
such that it’s meaningless as this illustrates.

Struble you lost the battle and in fact you’re losing the war.

We all know that HD stations are being shut down in DC, but I read
that in MN. the same thing is happening. Funny, that Radio World never
subtracts these stations from it HD Radio Scorecard. I suspect that
HD, AM and FM, is being shutdown slowly in other markets, buy not
reported. So, Struble will get a few HD radio installed in auto, but
how many stations wil be left - what a scam.