Old March 2nd 09, 08:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Got a new old radio yesterday...

A Sony TR-1300. This is a SUPER radio, for an AM only radio.. (the
modulation scheme, not the band). Sensitivity and selectivity par
excellance, and the noise floor on the upper bands is so low that you can
scarce tell the radio is on until you tune in a station. At first, I thought
it was deaf on the upper two bands, but comparing it to my Grundig 600 and
Eton E1, it's most definately not. And really nice audio, too. Considering
a total outlay of about $80, including shipping from Canada, I've extremely
happy with this one.

--
Say no to institutionalized interference.
Just say NO to HD/IBOC!

Old March 3rd 09, 02:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Bob Dobbs" wrote in message
Brenda Ann wrote:
A Sony TR-1300. This is a SUPER radio,

Congrats!

--

Operator Bob
Echo Charlie 42

Enjoy

Burr

Old March 6th 09, 08:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Got a new old radio yesterday... Sony TR-1300 5 Band Radio

On Mar 2, 12:58*pm, "Brenda Ann" wrote:
A Sony TR-1300. *This is a SUPER radio, for an AM only radio.. (the
modulation scheme, not the band). Sensitivity and selectivity par
excellance, and the noise floor on the upper bands is so low that you can
scarce tell the radio is on until you tune in a station. At first, I thought
it was deaf on the upper two bands, but comparing it to my Grundig 600 and
Eton E1, it's most definately not. *And really nice audio, too. *Considering
a total outlay of about $80, including shipping from Canada, I've extremely
happy with this one.

--
Say no to institutionalized interference.
Just say NO to HD/IBOC!

Rare Radio Intrigue of the Day :

Sony TR-1300 5 Band Radio Image
http://i1.ebayimg.com/07/i/001/2b/45/2cee_12.JPG
http://audioidiots.com/afbeelding.mi...hp?itemID=2219
http://www.classic-worldband.com/pages/info/tr-1300.jpg
http://img.mercadolivre.com.br/jm/im...9_2130.jpg&v=O

Sony TR-1300 5 Band Radio
http://herculodge.typepad.com/hercul...00-5-band.html

Sony TR-1300 5 Band Radio - Service Manual {Download}
http://www.manuals-in-pdf.com/advanc...;forward=plist

Old March 6th 09, 08:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Classic World Band Radios .Com -was- Got a 'new' Old Radioyesterday...

On Mar 6, 8:38*am, wrote:

- What does a new old Sony TR-13 AM only
- Radio look like?
- I never counted noses before, but I reckon
- I own at least 300 new old Radios.
- Some of them don't work at all, some of
- them sort of kind of work, some of them
- work real good.
- cuhulin

Cuhulin,

Here are some 'Pictures' of many "Sony"
Classic World Band Radios
http://www.classic-worldband.com/pag...ONY_thumbs.htm

-source- Classic World Band Radios .Com
http://www.classic-worldband.com/
This Web-Page is part of Classic-WorldBand.Com
-authored-by- Knut Otterbeck {Oslo,Norway}
http://www.classic-worldband.com/index.html

~ RHF