Old March 4th 09, 05:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default How much for Part 15, FCC Certified Low Power Station?

On Mar 4, 12:56*am, dxAce wrote:
dave wrote:
Brenda Ann wrote:
"dave" wrote in message
om...
If he can be heard on FM more than a half a block, tops, he's not Part 15
legal. I have a 35 watt transmitter and a 5/8 wave antenna that won't
cover more than about 3 miles (of course, there are stations every
200-600 KHz here, so there is no such thing as a clear frequency).

35 Watts on FM Broadcast is good for coverage to beyond the horizon.
That's a huge amount of power.

Not so much when you have one station 200 KHz below you and another 400 KHz
above you.. and that's the WIDEST space available.. Much of the FM dial
here in my area is a station on every channel.. my car radio may as well not
even have a scan feature.

Helps hide you from the authorities...

- One should be careful with that.
- Depending upon their attitude,
- the FCC can lift ones amateur ticket
- for engaging in illegal broadcasting activity.

Amateur Ticket or not the FCC can Confiscate {take}
your Equipment : Meaning Everything that they feel is
part of your "Illegal" Radio Transmitting {Broadcasting}
System. - e v e r y t h i n g ~ RHF