Old May 12th 09, 05:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) : Dangerous Deadly Chinese [PRC] 'Dirty' Coal Fired PowerPlants & Global Mercury Poisoning

Billy Burpelson wrote:

...that pollution seems to have a way of circling around the world to
come back and bite us in the ass anyway. :-(

The dolphins and whales not killed by the US Navy filter it out to some
degree. They, in turn, poison the pet food they are processed into.

Little Fluffy, the kitten, is breathing toxic heavy metal fumes into the
sleeping baby's face even as we speak.

mike

Old May 12th 09, 08:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 12, 5:38*am, Billy Burpelson wrote:
~ RHF wrote:
China has more 'Dirty' Coal Fired Power Plants then any other
Nation and now produces +50% of all the Global {Wor;ld-Wide}
Pollution from all those Dirty Coal Fired Power Plants.

dave wrote:
Get with the program, Mister. *We outsourced our pollution to
China.

On May 11, 10:38 am, Billy Burpelson wrote:

Yabbut...

...that pollution seems to have a way of circling around the world
to come back and bite us in the ass anyway. * :-(

~ RHF wrote:
Classic American Liberal Thinking = Always Blame The USA

As usual, you are so blindly partisan that you just don't get it.

First, the *OP* said we were outsourcing pollution to China, not me --
so you should have sent your response to *him*.

Finally, it's a subtle point (and I realize subtlety isn't your forte),
but what the OP meant was that because we have outsourced a very large
percentage of our manufacturing from this country to China, we have, in
essence, also outsourced our pollution too (as mfg. and pollution go
hand in glove AND that's part of the reason why manufacturing in China
is so cheap -- no pollution controls).

Get it now?

Anyway, isn't it time for your remedial punctuation class? * ;-)

BP,

Most of the Industrial Nations are Out-Sourcing
to China; and while the USA is a significant
consumer of Chinese Goods : The Rest of the
World's Nations are Consumers of Chinese
Goods too. In-fact the Rest of the Consumes
More than the USA -but- You Only Blame the
USA. Had you Blamed the USA; the EU and
Japan, ETC then your Point would have been
Valid.
Old May 13th 09, 03:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

~ RHF wrote:

BP,

Most of the Industrial Nations are Out-Sourcing
to China; and while the USA is a significant
consumer of Chinese Goods : The Rest of the
World's Nations are Consumers of Chinese
Goods too. In-fact the Rest of the Consumes
More than the USA -but- You Only Blame the
USA. Had you Blamed the USA;

No, *I* didn't blame anyone or any country. The *Original Poster* did.
All *MY* post said was that the pollution would travel around the world.
Period.

Please pay attention -- and while you're at your punctuation class,
consider signing up for that Reading Comprehension class...

BTW, it's "BB", not "BP". You should *definitely* take that Reading
Comprehension class! :-)

the EU and
Japan, ETC then your Point would have been
Valid.
.
Classic American Liberal Thinking = Always Blame The USA

~ RHF
.

Old May 13th 09, 07:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

~ RHF wrote:
BP,

Most of the Industrial Nations are Out-Sourcing
to China; and while the USA is a significant
consumer of Chinese Goods : The Rest of the
World's Nations are Consumers of Chinese
Goods too. In-fact the Rest of the Consumes
More than the USA -but- You Only Blame the
USA. *Had you Blamed the USA;

No, *I* didn't blame anyone or any country. The *Original Poster* did.
All *MY* post said was that the pollution would travel around the world.
Period.

Please pay attention -- and while you're at your punctuation class,
consider signing up for that Reading Comprehension class...

BTW, it's "BB", not "BP". You should *definitely* take that Reading
Comprehension class! * :-)

the EU and
Japan, ETC then your Point would have been
Valid.
*.
Classic American Liberal Thinking = Always Blame The USA

~ RHF
*.

"BB" -wrote-
Yabbut...
....that pollution seems to have a way of circling around the world to
come back and bite us in the ass anyway. :-(

'bite us in the ass 'bb' you are an american
and therefore 'us' would me the 'usa'

"BB" -wrote-
First, the *OP* said we were outsourcing pollution to China, not me --
so you should have sent your response to *him*.

= = = Here is the "OP" by Cuhulin = = =
S/L : Dangerous Deadly flourascent light bulbs.Mercury Poisioning.
I use a Dangerous Deadly Mercury Poisioning flourascent light bulb in
my
kitchen and in my bathroom, I never turn them off.When they burn out,
am going to go back to using Good G.E.Reveal 60 watt light bulbs in
those two rooms.
Stock up on a lifetime supply of Good old fashioned Incandescent Light
Bulbs.
cuhulin
.. . . . . . . . . .
"BB" where does Cuhulin mention 'outsourcing' ?
"BB" where does Cuhulin mention 'pollution' ?
"BB" where does Cuhulin mention 'China' ?

Now "Dave" -wrote-
Get with the program, Mister.
We outsourced our pollution to China.

"BB" It was 'Dave' {American} who mentioned
"outsourced" 'our' {USA's} "pollution" to "China"

"BB" which was in reply to 'my' {RHF} Post
where I {RHF} -wrote-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fossil_fuel_power_plant
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/11/wo...ml?ref=science
Old May 14th 09, 04:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) Dangerous Deadly flourascent light bulbs.Mercury Poisioning.

Brenda Ann wrote:
"dave" wrote in message
m...
Telamon wrote:
In article ,
dave wrote:

wrote:
http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=263846

I use a Dangerous Deadly Mercury Poisioning flourascent light bulb in
my
kitchen and in my bathroom, I never turn them off.When they burn out, I
am going to go back to using Good G.E.Reveal 60 watt light bulbs in
those two rooms.

Stock up on a lifetime supply of Good old fashioned Incandescent Light
Bulbs.
cuhulin

Coal fired power plants put more mercury in the atmosphere powering your
incandescent (for the difference in energy used), compared to what would
be released if you broke the CFL.
A broken CFL put all the mercury inside your house to clean up. If it
gets in the carpet you will have to replace it.

Give me a break. 6 tenths of 1 milligram. I'll be glad to take that
carpet off your hands.

Remember when it was a rite of passage to coat a penny with mercury from a
broken thermometer or the mercury switch out of an old thermostat? Sure,
you don't want to ingest the stuff, but if we didn't live anywhere that
there was stray mercury (in much larger quantities than in any fluorescent
lamp), there wouldn't be a lot of places to live..

Elemental mercury is poorly absorbed via digestion. I remember reading a
case study of someone drinking 600 mL of the stuff. The guy had elevated
levels of some liver proteins for about a year which then went back to
normal. No chronic side effects noted after more than 1 year. Dermal
absorption is also quite poor but vapour intake is the big issue.

All bets are off with most organomercury compounds. Many of those
compounds are just plain evil to use.

Old May 14th 09, 07:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
John Barnard wrote:

Brenda Ann wrote:
"dave" wrote in message
m...
Telamon wrote:
In article ,
dave wrote:

wrote:
[...]

SNIP

No need to look elsewhere for the results of mercury poisoning. The
neurotoxic effects are very evident in the "bla, bla, bla" crap you post
constantly.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old May 18th 09, 05:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
John Barnard wrote:

Brenda Ann wrote:
"dave" wrote in message
m...
Telamon wrote:
In article ,
dave wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Now you are an armchair chemist? Are you just as good an armchair
chemist as you are an armchair conspiracy theorist? Damn, you're not
good at much except to shove your head up your ass.
Old May 18th 09, 05:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

~ RHF wrote:
On May 13, 11:11 pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article ,
John Barnard wrote:

Brenda Ann wrote:
"dave" wrote in message
m...
Telamon wrote:
In article ,
dave wrote:
wrote:
[...]

now, Now. NOW ! Telamon

"JB"s Post was both interesting and informative.

? organomercury compounds ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organomercury
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...cury_compounds

* Methylmercury { Methyl Mercury}
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylmercury
From residual Dead Trees in Man Made Lakes ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylm...mental_sources

Mercury and other Pollutants from China's
more than 2,000 Dirty Coal-Fired Electric
Power Plants soar high into the atmosphere
and around the globe . . .
http://yaleglobal.yale.edu/display.article?id=5058

NOTE - There is something in there about
China's Pay Yourself Carbon Credits.

China's [PRC] 2,000 Dirty Coal-Fired Electric
Power Plants spew 600 Tons of Mercury into
the Air around the World each Year
-while- the US emits about 80 Tons [~1/8th]
http://yaleglobal.yale.edu/display.article?id=5058

Nice Post "JB" ~ RHF
.
.

Thank you! Gracias!
Old May 18th 09, 05:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
John Barnard wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
John Barnard wrote:

Brenda Ann wrote:
"dave" wrote in message
m...
Telamon wrote:
In article ,
dave wrote:

wrote:
[...]

You are an ignoramus and good for nothing. You keep your head buried in
the sand.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old May 18th 09, 05:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
John Barnard wrote:

~ RHF wrote:
On May 13, 11:11 pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article ,
John Barnard wrote:

Brenda Ann wrote:
"dave" wrote in message
m...
Telamon wrote:
In article ,
dave wrote:
wrote:
[...]

From residual Dead Trees in Man Made Lakes ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylm...mental_sources

Mercury and other Pollutants from China's
more than 2,000 Dirty Coal-Fired Electric
Power Plants soar high into the atmosphere
and around the globe . . .
http://yaleglobal.yale.edu/display.article?id=5058

NOTE - There is something in there about
China's Pay Yourself Carbon Credits.

China's [PRC] 2,000 Dirty Coal-Fired Electric
Power Plants spew 600 Tons of Mercury into
the Air around the World each Year
-while- the US emits about 80 Tons [~1/8th]
http://yaleglobal.yale.edu/display.article?id=5058

Nice Post "JB" ~ RHF
.
.