Old May 22nd 09, 01:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) : Dave the Obama-Speaker© -proclaims- The Ice Is Melting Faster Than Ever.

~ RHF wrote:
On May 21, 4:44 am, dave wrote:
Telamon wrote:
In article ,
dave wrote:
Telamon wrote:
I'm currently 12 feet above sea level. If I go downstairs I'll only be
about 2 feet above.
You should probably think about moving pretty soon.
I'm in no hurry. I figure with the global cooling going on there is
nothing to worry about.

- There is no cooling going on.
- In fact, the warming will kick into high gear
- as soon as the sunspots start going back up.
- The ice is melting faster than ever.

Dave - "You" Can Stop It All
Just Hold Your Breath . . . ~ RHF
.
and the Obama-Speakers© All Proclaim :
the ice is melting faster than ever,
The Ice Is Melting Faster Than Ever.
THE ICE IS MELTING FASTER THAN EVER !
.

(Interactive map-use your clicker)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6903014

Old May 22nd 09, 07:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) Earthquake in LA--5.0

On May 22, 5:39*am, dave wrote:
Bushcraftgregg wrote:
On May 21, 7:49 am, dave wrote:
Bushcraftgregg wrote:
On May 20, 8:47 am, dave wrote:
Telamon wrote:
I'm currently 12 feet above sea level. If I go downstairs I'll only be
about 2 feet above.
You should probably think about moving pretty soon.
I wished no one in RRS lived in California or any of the surrounding
fault areas. Because when it goes down, I mean "really" goes down, it
will be unlike anything just about any of us has seen.
Don't be ridiculous. *We have spent many billions retrofitting in the
past 15 years. *Even when we had 40 billion dollars in damage, we only
lost about 75 lives.

Hope you're right Dave, many in La. never thought it would happen to
them either.

We're all aware of the potential. *It's part of the price you pay to
live in a place with interesting topography. *I am 10 miles from the San
Andreas Fault. *I do not put heavy stuff where it can fall on people. *I
keep a couple weeks work of food, water, and propane at the house, and
never let my tanks get below 1/3 full. *I think about "the big one"
every day.

Fort Tejon Earthquake -circa- 1857
- http://www.data.scec.org/chrono_index/forttejo.html

Interesting bit of California's Seismic History.
Old May 22nd 09, 08:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 22, 5:46*am, dave wrote:
~ RHF wrote:
On May 21, 4:44 am, dave wrote:
Telamon wrote:
In article ,
*dave wrote:
Telamon wrote:
I'm currently 12 feet above sea level. If I go downstairs I'll only be
about 2 feet above.
You should probably think about moving pretty soon.
I'm in no hurry. I figure with the global cooling going on there is
nothing to worry about.

- There is no cooling going on.
- In fact, the warming will kick into high gear
- as soon as the sunspots start going back up.
- The ice is melting faster than ever.

Dave - "You" Can Stop It All
Just Hold Your Breath . . . ~ RHF
*.
and the Obama-Speakers© All Proclaim :
the ice is melting faster than ever,
The Ice Is Melting Faster Than Ever.
THE ICE IS MELTING FASTER THAN EVER !
*.

(Interactive map-use your clicker)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6903014

Dave Just Imagine . . .
http://www.renovusenergy.com/images/..._our_hands.jpg
and Let Your Heart Sing-A-Long )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jr9hPbYmBo
Old May 23rd 09, 12:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) : Dave the Obama-Speaker© -proclaims-The Ice Is Melting F...

We don't want any Earthquakes over here.No Wildfires, no Hillslides, no
Mudslides, no ILLEGAL ALIENS either.
cuhulin

Old May 23rd 09, 01:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 22, 2:56*pm, "~ RHF" wrote:
On May 22, 5:39*am, dave wrote:

Bushcraftgregg wrote:
On May 21, 7:49 am, dave wrote:
Bushcraftgregg wrote:
On May 20, 8:47 am, dave wrote:
Telamon wrote:
[...]

Extremely informative link RHF, I enjoyed that. The freeking quake was
so strong it changed the current of the river....lol....that is
"almost" unbelievable, like maybe a urban legend. But I have no doubt
that is true and it just shows not only the destruction one can cause
but to literally change current flow.

I can picture two men out there fishing when it went down. I'll leave
the rest to your imagination or heaven forbid a cowboy and his lady
doing the hanky panky, I better stop. ;-)

Old May 23rd 09, 02:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 22, 3:10*pm, "~ RHF" wrote:
On May 22, 5:46*am, dave wrote:

~ RHF wrote:
On May 21, 4:44 am, dave wrote:
Telamon wrote:
In article ,
*dave wrote:
Telamon wrote:
[...]

That gave me goosebumps. Things were so simple back then.:-)

Old May 23rd 09, 02:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Floods, Tornados, Hurricanes.I am not scared of any Floods because I am
sure the neighborhood I live in will never Flood in my lifetime.I didn't
used to be scared of any Hurricanes, untill Katrina ripped ten shingles
off of the top of my house and blew down three trees across the street I
live on.

But, Tornados,,, Tornados Scare the damn Crap out of me!
cuhulin

Old May 23rd 09, 04:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bushcraftgregg wrote:

Extremely informative link RHF, I enjoyed that. The freeking quake was
so strong it changed the current of the river....lol....that is
"almost" unbelievable, like maybe a urban legend. But I have no doubt
that is true and it just shows not only the destruction one can cause
but to literally change current flow.

I can picture two men out there fishing when it went down. I'll leave
the rest to your imagination or heaven forbid a cowboy and his lady
doing the hanky panky, I better stop. ;-)

I posted the link. Check out the San Andreas Fault on Google Earth some
time.
Old May 23rd 09, 04:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
Bushcraftgregg wrote:

On May 21, 12:31*am, Telamon
wrote:
In article ,

*dave wrote:
Telamon wrote:

I'm currently 12 feet above sea level. If I go downstairs I'll only be
about 2 feet above.

You should probably think about moving pretty soon.

I'm in no hurry. I figure with the global cooling going on there is
nothing to worry about.

Move to SW Ohio Telamon.:-) IMO it is one of the safest areas to live
in. Until recently, last summer, when we actually had those hurricane
winds it was. From what I have been told that was only a taste test. I
couldn't believe that day. I could actually "see" the wind. To many of
you that live in those areas I am sure that isn't a big deal, but it
gave me much respect for the wind that I never had before. My antennas
never flinched.patting my back

Every place on earth has some problem.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old May 23rd 09, 04:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
dave wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
dave wrote:

Telamon wrote:

I'm currently 12 feet above sea level. If I go downstairs I'll only be
about 2 feet above.

You should probably think about moving pretty soon.

I'm in no hurry. I figure with the global cooling going on there is
nothing to worry about.

There is no cooling going on. In fact, the warming will kick into high
gear as soon as the sunspots start going back up. The ice is melting
faster than ever.

You go ahead and believe the global warming crowd. I'll still with
global cooling.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

OT - Earthquake harvey[_2_] Shortwave 4 May 2nd 08 04:04 AM
(OT) Earthquake dxAce Shortwave 16 April 20th 08 06:14 AM
(OT) Earthquake rtc[_3_] Shortwave 1 April 19th 08 02:39 AM
(OT) Earthquake [email protected] Shortwave 0 August 11th 05 05:20 PM
Earthquake Burr Patterson, Jr. Shortwave 6 November 4th 04 01:12 AM