Old May 24th 09, 06:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Grundig G4 nightmare

Two days ago I found and bought a used G4. It has a record to digital
card feature which could prove handy.

There was no manual with it, but how hard can it be to figure out?

Well, I've never seen such a badly designed interface anywhere. It
stinks. Even my FRG 5000 is easier to use.

Downloading the manual hasn't helped much. The thing is a waste of
trees. It is badly written, badly presented and confusing, to say the least.

What a waste of time.

On a brighter note, I now see it has been discontinued. They should
discontinue the designers and sales department responsible for this
abomination.

mike

--
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
/ /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /

Densa International©
For the OTHER two percent.

Due to the insane amount of spam and garbage,
I block all postings with a Gmail, Google Mail,
Google Groups or HOTMAIL address.
I also filter everything from a .cn server.

For solutions which may work for you, please check:
http://improve-usenet.org/
Old May 24th 09, 07:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) : ObamaNation© Replaces 'Abomination'

On May 23, 10:44*pm, m II wrote:
Two days ago I found and bought a used G4. It has a record to digital
card feature which could prove handy.

There was no manual with it, but how hard can it be to figure out?

Well, I've never seen such a badly designed interface anywhere. It
stinks. Even my FRG 5000 is easier to use.

Downloading the manual hasn't helped much. The thing is a waste of
trees. It is badly written, badly presented and confusing, to say the least.

What a waste of time.

On a brighter note, I now see it has been discontinued. They should
discontinue the designers and sales department responsible for this
abomination.

mike

--
* *__ * *__ * *__ * *__ * *__ * *__ * *__ * *__
* / /\ */ /\ */ /\ */ /\ */ /\ */ /\ */ /\ */ /

* * * * * * *Densa International©
* * * * * For the OTHER two percent.

* Due to the insane amount of spam and garbage,
*I block all postings with a Gmail, Google Mail,
* * * *Google Groups or HOTMAIL address.
* *I also filter everything from a .cn server.

For solutions which may work for you, please check:
* * * * * *http://improve-usenet.org/

Mike [M II} in the Year 2009 the old speak word
'abomination' has been replaced by the New
Obama-Speak© Word ObamaNation© ~ RHF
Old May 24th 09, 05:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article , m II wrote:

Two days ago I found and bought a used G4. It has a record to digital
card feature which could prove handy.

There was no manual with it, but how hard can it be to figure out?

Well, I've never seen such a badly designed interface anywhere. It
stinks. Even my FRG 5000 is easier to use.

Downloading the manual hasn't helped much. The thing is a waste of
trees. It is badly written, badly presented and confusing, to say the least.

What a waste of time.

On a brighter note, I now see it has been discontinued. They should
discontinue the designers and sales department responsible for this
abomination.

Maybe connecting it to the computer is the way to go. See computer
limitations.

http://www.passband.com/grundig-g4-introduced-dropped/

You might want to read some of the feedback at the bottom of the page.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old May 25th 09, 04:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:

Maybe connecting it to the computer is the way to go. See computer
limitations.

http://www.passband.com/grundig-g4-introduced-dropped/

You might want to read some of the feedback at the bottom of the page.

Not too much in the way of praise. I can see why it's been discontinued.
The computer connection allows transfer of sound files only. The radio
can record only in .wav format but plays both .wav and .mp3 . Sad.

The input from the buttons while in 'sound' mode takes up to thirty
seconds to take effect. The Chinese have obviously found a way to slow
down the speed of electricity. They obviously counterfeited the laws of
physics incorrectly.

My purchase price was a very low 40$ Canadian, so it doesn't hurt as
much as a brand new one would have.

I will make an effort to learn the controls and give it a fair shake. A
decently designed radio, on the other hand, would be a lot more intuitive.

mike

--
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
/ /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /

Old May 25th 09, 04:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"m II" wrote in message ...
Telamon wrote:

[...]

If you decide you really don't like it, I'll at least give you what you paid
for it.

Old May 25th 09, 05:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brenda Ann wrote:

If you decide you really don't like it, I'll at least give you what you paid
for it.

That is actually a more tempting offer than you may think. Let me play
with it for a day or two so I can make a more informed decision.

As it stands, it's 60/40 in favour of sale.

mike

--

Old May 25th 09, 04:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 24, 11:51*pm, m II wrote:
Brenda Ann wrote:
[...]

Ploink - Should've bought an HD Radio - LOL!

Grundig G4 nightmare m II Shortwave 2 August 25th 09 07:32 PM
RFI Nightmare [email protected] Shortwave 0 September 2nd 05 08:04 PM
Defusing a Nuclear Nightmare C. B. Shortwave 61 August 2nd 05 03:24 PM
NEW - Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium - WebPages on Grundig Radio . Com RHF Shortwave 0 November 30th 04 10:05 AM