Old August 20th 09, 01:39 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.news-media,alt.religion.christian,alt.politics.economics

Default Whose Medical Decisions?

Brenda Ann wrote:

I want to know what is so difficult about reading a 1000 page, double
spaced, single sided bill, when your kid can read 1000 pages of Harry Potter
in under a week (double sided pages, in much smaller print, and single
spaced). And BTW, it's their JOB to read these bills. We don't pay them to
make stupid remarks on television.

There is no single bill to be read right now. As I understand it, there
are are at least 3 committees, each with a different version. They have
staff who are familiar with every word and nothing is hidden. They do
have all day to read things.
Old August 20th 09, 01:40 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.news-media,alt.religion.christian,alt.politics.economics

squirltop wrote:

The people have let the congress and lawmakers be lazy ****s for ever.
Earmarks and 'special interests' are the scourge of American politics.
Hopefully understanding what is put out will be a new trend in
American politics, with out politicians. To much 'nothing' from most
politicans for too long. It has long been far far past the breaking
point.

I see in your future a freeway overpass and "breaking news"...
Old August 20th 09, 03:58 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.news-media,alt.religion.christian,alt.politics.economics

On Aug 19, 10:47*pm, "Brenda Ann" wrote:
I want to know what is so difficult about reading a 1000 page, double
spaced, single sided bill, when your kid can read 1000 pages of Harry Potter
in under a week (double sided pages, in much smaller print, and single
spaced). *And BTW, it's their JOB to read these bills. We don't pay them to
make stupid remarks on television.

That is not what I learned from my high school Social Studies
teacher. We were taught that the House and Senate were subdivided
into committees. Legislators were expected to be expertly
knowledgeable only about the bills reported out of their committees,
not all bills. The "READ THE BILL!" rablle rouserrs are just
displaying their own stupidity and ignorance.
Old August 20th 09, 05:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In the Jackson,Mississippi Legislature, I have NO Doubt at all they read
every single word of any and all bills.
A lot of times I listen to local radio talk shows when the radio talk
show host and people who phone in are talking about those bills.
cuhulin

Old August 20th 09, 05:43 PM
Senior Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by [_2_] View Post
On Aug 19, 10:47*pm, "Brenda Ann" wrote:
I want to know what is so difficult about reading a 1000 page, double
spaced, single sided bill, when your kid can read 1000 pages of Harry Potter
in under a week (double sided pages, in much smaller print, and single
spaced). *And BTW, it's their JOB to read these bills. We don't pay them to
make stupid remarks on television.

That is not what I learned from my high school Social Studies
teacher. We were taught that the House and Senate were subdivided
into committees. Legislators were expected to be expertly
knowledgeable only about the bills reported out of their committees,
not all bills. The "READ THE BILL!" rablle rouserrs are just
displaying their own stupidity and ignorance.
What the hell does this have to do with SHORTWAVE radio????
Check the forum you're in BEFORE you post!!!!

Old August 20th 09, 05:52 PM
Senior Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
squirltop wrote:

The people have let the congress and lawmakers be lazy ****s for ever.
Earmarks and 'special interests' are the scourge of American politics.
Hopefully understanding what is put out will be a new trend in
American politics, with out politicians. To much 'nothing' from most
politicans for too long. It has long been far far past the breaking
point.

I see in your future a freeway overpass and "breaking news"...
HEY DAVE!!!! THIS is a SHORTWAVE forum!!!! STAY on topic here or don't post!!!
Old August 20th 09, 05:56 PM
Senior Member

Exclamation

Brenda Ann wrote:

I want to know what is so difficult about reading a 1000 page, double
spaced, single sided bill, when your kid can read 1000 pages of Harry Potter
in under a week (double sided pages, in much smaller print, and single
spaced). And BTW, it's their JOB to read these bills. We don't pay them to
make stupid remarks on television.

There is no single bill to be read right now. As I understand it, there
are are at least 3 committees, each with a different version. They have
staff who are familiar with every word and nothing is hidden. They do
have all day to read things.

WRONG FORUM PEOPLE!!!!! Pay attention!!!
Old August 20th 09, 06:14 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.news-media,alt.religion.christian,alt.politics.economics

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 07:58:45 -0700, wrote:

On Aug 19, 10:47Â*pm, "Brenda Ann" wrote:
I want to know what is so difficult about reading a 1000 page, double
spaced, single sided bill, when your kid can read 1000 pages of Harry
Potter in under a week (double sided pages, in much smaller print, and
single spaced). Â*And BTW, it's their JOB to read these bills. We don't
pay them to make stupid remarks on television.

That is not what I learned from my high school Social Studies teacher.
We were taught that the House and Senate were subdivided into
committees. Legislators were expected to be expertly knowledgeable only
about the bills reported out of their committees, not all bills. The
"READ THE BILL!" rablle rouserrs are just displaying their own stupidity
and ignorance.

Legalese is a pain in the ass to read. But the representatives have
staffs that "report out" the honest version in plain talk and that is
what the representative must read. There is probably a group that does
this for each caucus. The representatives also have at least two other
jobs in addition to understanding the bills. One of these is to do all
that can be done on a bill such as HR 3200 to educated the people as to
the actual contents of the bill and the purpose of the bill. And the
other duty is to ascertain the thus educated will of the constituents.
Our current system fails in these last two important areas much more than
if fails in the requirement to "read the bill".

IMHO a NON PARTISAN agency such as The Congressional Research Service
should put the English encapsulation of a bill as important as HR 3200 on
line for all to read. The administration should not be forced to put this
encapsulation on line due to the lack of a NON PATISAN service. And this
truthful encapsulation of the bill is what should be the subject of any
PUBLIC debate.

The link below illustrates the concept and at present but is woefully
inadequate to the required task:

http://opencrs.com/document/R40517/

Here we see a discussion of the various tax proposals that finance the
extension of insurance to the lower income folks who cannot currently
afford such insurance.

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_b...8/crs-tax.html

But I am of the opinion that HR 3200 is _THE_ current bill that has been
reported out of the House committees and that CRS should offer a PLAIN
TALK assessment of that bill.

--
"Those are my opinions and you can't have em" -- Bart Simpson
Old August 21st 09, 05:55 AM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.news-media,alt.religion.christian,alt.politics.economics

Default (OT) : Dealing with the theInconvenient Truths of Obama-Care©

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 18:00:03 -0700, ~ RHF wrote:

On Aug 20, 5:46Â*pm, Michael Coburn wrote:
On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 13:39:39 -0400, Beam Me Up Scotty wrote:

wrote:
On Aug 19, 10:47 pm, "Brenda Ann" wrote:
I want to know what is so difficult about reading a 1000 page,
double spaced, single sided bill, when your kid can read 1000 pages
of Harry Potter in under a week (double sided pages, in much
smaller print, and single spaced). Â*And BTW, it's their JOB to read
these bills. We don't pay them to make stupid remarks on
television.
That is not what I learned from my high school Social Studies
teacher. We were taught that the House and Senate were subdivided
into committees. Â*Legislators were expected to be expertly
knowledgeable only about the bills reported out of their committees,
not all bills. The "READ THE BILL!" rablle rouserrs are just
displaying their own stupidity and ignorance.

Why have them all vote, if they have no clue what they are voting
for? It would be suffecient to have those "expertly knowledgeable
only about the bills" vote for the entire congress......

The representatives of the people do not need to read the legal version
in order to be fully aware of what is in the bill. Â*The American people
should also have a PLAIN TALK version of the bill. Â*The "expertly
knowledgeable are on the committees that draft the bill and haggle out
what is in the bill in the committees. The market up version is then
ready for debate and amendment. Â*The knowledge of what is in the
version "reported out" of the committee and of all the proposed
amendments are the responsibility of the caucus that will assign
different staff members and House members to each such task in order to
produce a more intelligible shorter version of the legalese.

The interesting part is that the House currently is composed of the
legislative assembly (the committees) which actually produces proposed
legislation, and the representative assembly who are to understand what
is in the proposed legislation so that they may communicate with their
constituency and vote on the proposed legislation. Â*I think you are
claiming that the representatives of the people should not have any
voice in what the APPOINTED and ANOINTED few might decide. Â*You MUST be
a latter day Republican.

I think we see who's ignorant. We could vote on it but the few here
that are "expertly knowledgeable only about" your infinite stupidity
need read your posts to determine that.

- I find most of the rightarded posts to be outright - lies concerning
the actual proposed legislation. -Â*It isn't ignorance.
-Â*It is outright lying.

OK so "End-of-Life" Counseling is NOT in the Obama-Care© Bills.

Actually, there IS a proposal in HR 3200 to COVER such counseling if the
insured person wishes to "counsel". It is not mandatory.

OK so Half or the Cost of Obama-Care© is NOT going to be Paid for by
Reductions in Medicare Spending for America's Senior Citizens.

Why don't you show us some data or a cite for this stupid claim?

--
"Those are my opinions and you can't have em" -- Bart Simpson