Old November 3rd 09, 06:55 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,ba.broadcast

Default HD Radio - Trend to watch: Team-branded HD2s !!

"HD Radio Farce" wrote in message
On Oct 31, 1:30?am, "Jo Jo Gunn" wrote:
"IBOCcrock" wrote in message

On Oct 30, 1:52?am, "Watchin & Waitin'" wrote:

"HD Radio Farce" wrote in
On Oct 27, 12:32?pm, "Watchin & Waitin'" wrote:

"HD Radio Farce" wrote in
On Oct 26, 1:45?pm, "Jo Jo Gunn" wrote:

"HD Radio Farce" wrote in
On Oct 19, 1:15?pm, "Jo Jo Gunn" wrote:

"HD Radio Farce" wrote in
On Oct 17, 2:39?am, "Jo Jo Gunn" wrote:

"HD Radio Farce" wrote in
On Oct 13, 1:35?am, "Jo Jo Gunn"
wrote:

Jo Jo Gunn wrote:

There has been no widespread interference complaints from
the
public...and virtually all stations are protected within
their
contours.

That doesn't mean there's no interference. ?It's amazing how
the
proponents of HD Radio assume that receivers magically quit
receiving
signal once they leave a station's protected contour.

No, the FCC has made a judgement on how far and how long a
stations
signal
would be protected.

That's the established standard. ?The days of clear-channels
being
protected
nationwide are over.

Plus, to the average listener an HD carrier sounds like
white
noise
&
they
think it's weak signal. ?Nobody thinks to complain about
interference.
They just move on to something else.

The large broadcast companies do engineering research and
audience
research.
There has been no widespread complaints (if any at all), and
there
is
no
indication that people "move onto something else".

I've heard on and on about how great the HD-2 formats are
going
be,
but
all I've observed is more lame cookie-cutter radio taking
away
the
reception that I once enjoyed.

THe formats on HD are quiite similar to what was on FM in the
early
mid
60's. ?Music intensive, non-commercial, some simulcasting to
improve
coverage, and mostly automated.

The audio quality is nothing to write home about either.

The public has had no complaints about HD audio quality. ?And
like
the
qualities of MP3's, which is "nothing to write home about"
either,
it's
"good enough" and the public isn't complaining.

But HD radio has caused us to adapt. ?My wife & I listen to
web
radio
more
than terrestrial radio now, since there are fewer choices on
the
dial.

I'd be interested in knowing where you are, and what
station(s)
you
can
no
longer listen too due to HD radio.

"Dave Barnett" wrote in
message

Jo Jo Gunn wrote:

There has been no widespread interference complaints from
the
public...and virtually all stations are protected within
their
contours.

That doesn't mean there's no interference. ?It's amazing how
the
proponents of HD Radio assume that receivers magically quit
receiving
signal once they leave a station's protected contour. ?Plus,
the
average listener an HD carrier sounds like white noise &
they
think
it's
weak signal. ?Nobody thinks to complain about interference.
?They
just
move on to something else.

I've heard on and on about how great the HD-2 formats are
going
be,
but
all I've observed is more lame cookie-cutter radio taking
away
the
reception that I once enjoyed. ?The audio quality is nothing
write
home
about either. ?But HD radio has caused us to adapt. ?My wife
&
listen
web radio more than terrestrial radio now, since there are
fewer
choices
on the dial.

Dave B.- Hide quoted text -

?Do you work for iBiquity, the NAB, or the HD Radio Alliance?

Is this directed at me?

Nope. ?None of them. ?I have no allegiances. ?I just get a kick
out
of
playing rope-a-dope with the HD haters like you. ?;-)

Now a question for you:

-Do you have a job?

-Do you have a life?

-Do you have a family...or a spouse...or are you simply
obsessivbely
compulsively living in the wake of iBiquity and Struble? ?;-)-
Hide
quoted
text -

I love all of this attention! Typical of IBOC boosters to launch a
series of personal attacks, when they have no counter-arguments.
I've
heard it all - LOL!

I love this denial of reality! ?Typical of HD radio nutcakes to
ignore
the
arguments put forth and the realies presented and launch a series
of
cut/pastes when they can't engage in a discussion. ?Post a& run!

Oh wait, you're tending to that "blog" that thousands of bots read
each
day!- Hide quoted text -

Are those "bots" from Clear Channel, General Motros, Ford, DOJ,
FCC,
etc, etc..? ?LOL!

No, these are people curious to know who the nutcake spammer is!
?LOL!

And I looked at your analyticals....most of your visitors are no
from
the
above names companies! ?LMFAO!

Also, I went to your web page...am I considered one of your
followers?
?LOL!- Hide quoted text -

My, my, I am making you pretty angry.

i think he's laughing out loud lol.....not angry. ?hes laughing at
you.-

Ha! Ha! We may have just helped to derail iBiquity's fraudulant
IPO -LOL!

cuz we know wall street is busy checking usenet and anonymous blogs
?lol!-

Yup, a number of hits from Wall Street firms. Funny, how Price
Waterhouse searched on "iBiquity IPO" just after this story was leaked
- wonder, if they are involved? Da!

Like the others they want to see who the HD nutcake is.

Once they see your anonymous opinions...I'm sure they realize that they
are
from a disgruntled and mentally unstable person.

Ta-Da!- Hide quoted text -

What I fund amusing, is that everytime I post, you counter-post with
nothing but personal attacks. Your lack of understanding of technology
is readily apparent.

Could it be, maybe it's because you are posting the same things over and
over again...and you don't respond to the criticism presented.

Posting the same thing over and over again makes you a pain in the ass. So
don't be surprised at the responses you get, regarless of what side you are
on.

Ignoring the counter argument, means you are not seriously involved in the
discussion, ergo, the responses you get.

One word hit and run answer just add to the noise, so thats what you get in
respnse.

Being the usenet gnat, usually just gets you swatted. thinking that all you
have to do is shout-down someone you dont agree...or beat them over the head
with countless posts with makes people not take
you seriously.

BTW...I don't think what he wrote is a "personal attack". You have bragged
about the numerous hits your blog gets.
He's commenting
on how people might be bemused by someone who continually seeds the
newsgroups with hit and run anonymous posts...extolling his own
opinions....which might lead people to check out your blog links to find out
more about you (as I did).

I was surprised to see you offer no clue as to who you are, where you've
worked, or anything else that would validate your opinions that you are
trying to force feed usenet. Is that a peersonal attack? No, it's an
honest observation.

Old November 3rd 09, 08:17 PM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,ba.broadcast

Jo Jo Gunn wrote:

[...]

Apparently, they are, including most of the other major

firms, including iBiquity investor JP Morgan.

Because your page came up when they googled it, and they simply clicked on
the link, doesn't mean they didn't immediately dismiss you, your opinions,
and your blog as some nutcake nonsense.