Old October 12th 09, 03:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default RTTY news services?

Does anyone know if there are any RTTY news services
still broadcasting on the SW bands? Unencoded and readable
of course. I'm in the process of pulling my old equipment
out of storage.
Steve

Old October 12th 09, 12:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Steve wrote:

Does anyone know if there are any RTTY news services
still broadcasting on the SW bands? Unencoded and readable
of course. I'm in the process of pulling my old equipment
out of storage.

Probably not much out there these days. I do recall 'watching' TASS out of
Cuba with a Universal M-6000 that I'd had for a while.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old October 12th 09, 12:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Steve wrote:

Does anyone know if there are any RTTY news services
still broadcasting on the SW bands? Unencoded and readable
of course. I'm in the process of pulling my old equipment
out of storage.

Probably not much out there these days. I do recall 'watching' TASS out of
Cuba with a Universal M-6000 that I'd had for a while.

One other resource you might check, and ask about RTTY is the UDXF Yahoo
group:

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old October 12th 09, 07:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

There are occasional weekend transmissions from former maritime
HF stations on the West Coast. You could go to
http://www.radiomarine.org and sign up for their mailing list.

News is also available over the internet as AFSK signals you
can run into your RTTY converter. See http://www.rtty.com

Jim W6JVE