Old October 29th 09, 12:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default More noise from lamps.

RHF wrote:

The Obama-Stazi© will be peeping in your windows
at night to see what kind of Lights you are Burning.

No peeping required. Incandescent lamps turn on and off 60 times a
second. Could see it a mile away with a stroboscope.
Old October 29th 09, 12:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dave wrote:

Olson wrote:
I use these things in my ceiling fans(3 per fan) only because they give the
equivalent of 100 watts of light in each 60 watt fixture.
The do make a hell of a buzzing noise! Some worse than others of the same
brand. Sure smell when the burn out too.
Anyway what I found was that if I wrap the glass shades on the fan with
aluminum foil (still allows good heat transfer) and ground it to the fan
case.... Voila! The buzzing stops.
Those suckers sure do radiate. I only loose a minimal of light doing this.
Maybe they should come with some kind of screening device/mesh packed in the
package. I really don't think I need the radiation especially from three of
the suckers directly over my head.

I don't believe you. The consensus in the ham community is that, as a
rule, the CFLs are not noisy.

Is that the "no-code" ham community or the real folks?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old October 29th 09, 12:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dave wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Is that the "no-code" ham community or the real folks?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

No Code Extra

No Brains Extra! You'd have never even made Novice!

Old October 29th 09, 12:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

N9NEO wrote:

Yes, NEO is back. I've been doing outside stuff and riding my bike.
I'm moving my act back inside for the cooler WX so you lucky turds
will see more of me.

Calling people turds? Now there's a way to win friends and influence
people. :-)

Old October 29th 09, 03:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

" I don't believe you. The consensus in the ham community is that, as a
rule, the CFLs are not noisy. There ARE some that DO make noise, but
they are an aberration. That's why we buy things where we can return
them if we don't like them."
Believe me sir, they are very noisy. Perhaps you should be a little more
resourceful and check your facts before you present them.
Don't ever call someone a liar unless you are capable of deciphering the
truth.
Try it for yourself.

http://forums.qrz.com/archive/index.php/t-138234.html

Old October 29th 09, 06:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I saw something on the FLN (Fine Living Network) teevee channel this
morning about a $40.00 lamp which uses LED bulbs and it puts out a
bright light.Do those kind of LED lamps cause RFI?
cuhulin

Old October 29th 09, 08:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Oct 29, 5:16*am, dave wrote:
RHF wrote:

The Obama-Stazi© will be peeping in your windows
at night to see what kind of Lights you are Burning.

- No peeping required.
-*Incandescent lamps turn on and off 60 times
- a second. *Could see it a mile away with a
- stroboscope.

Dave with your Brain a 'stroboscope' is not required.
Old October 30th 09, 01:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dave" wrote in message
Olson wrote:
[...]

I started this thread and the lamps I have are damn well noisy, and I
can't return them since they were purchased at Wal-Mart as replacements
as the incandescents burn out. The only offender to top these is the SCR
touch lamp I have by my bed side. China, again! Lucky me, I don't use
that lamp and the shortwave at the same time because it blotto's any AM
under 20 MHz.
My lamps for SWL are now the tubes in my Hammarlund, just enough to tune by.

Bill Baka

Need GE #49 lamps K3HVG Boatanchors 1 January 17th 05 11:28 PM
WTB: HP/Agilent 346A (or B) Noise Source for HP 8970A Noise Figure Meter Carl R. Stevenson Homebrew 0 January 21st 04 04:20 AM
Lamps? Bob Homebrew 186 September 26th 03 05:26 AM
Lamps? Bob Swap 90 September 26th 03 05:26 AM
Lamps? Bob Homebrew 0 August 26th 03 10:37 PM