Old December 8th 09, 01:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default December 7,1941

Gregg wrote:
On Dec 7, 6:20 am, Bob Dobbs wrote:
dxAce wrote:

Yep, TODAY is December 7.
Pause and remember.

Yes remember...
Remember those little triangles on all AMBCB radios at 640 and 1240 pointing to
the CONELRAD stations and the history of their coming into being.
Of course nowadays any air attack on the USA would most likely be aided by GPS.

--

Yeah Bob, no doubt. I can just imagine what came over some of my
radios before

During a Conelrad Alert, all stations would drop their carriers for a
moment, except for any stations on 640 and/or 1240.
Old December 8th 09, 02:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Yep, TODAY is December 7.
Pause and remember.
Yes remember...
Remember those little triangles on all AMBCB radios at 640 and 1240
pointing to
the CONELRAD stations and the history of their coming into being.
Of course nowadays any air attack on the USA would most likely be aided
by GPS.

--

Yeah Bob, no doubt. I can just imagine what came over some of my
radios before
I got them. It would be neat to know.

During a Conelrad Alert, all stations would drop their carriers for a
moment, except for any stations on 640 and/or 1240.

In Astoria, we had two stations, one on 1230 and one on 1370. During a
test, the one on 1230 was required to drop carrier for 30 seconds. The one
on 1370, in event of an actual alert, was supposed to retune to 1240. Don't
know why the FCC did it that way, but they did.

Old December 8th 09, 03:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brenda Ann wrote:
dxAce wrote:

[...]

When I started working at WEAM-1390 in Arlington in the 1970s, there
was a large (but by then disabled) relay system for switching the
Gates BC-5E transmitter to Conelrad operation.

By the way, speaking of December 7th, there is an amateur radio
connection to the interception of the Japanese "Winds" message
presaging the Pearl Harbor attack:

http://www.kevinalfredstrom.com/2008/10/east-wind-rain/

With all good wishes,

Kevin, WB4AIO.
--
http://kevinalfredstrom.com/
Old December 8th 09, 07:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I have an old Reader's Digest book here, I bought it at a Goodwill store
not many years ago.There is a story/article (true or not, I don't know)
in that Reader's Digest book that I read.
That story/article is about a few years before the attack on Pearl
Harbor December 7,1941, U.S.Navy ''rehearsed'' the attack on Pearl
Harbor.There were some Japanese people in Hawaii and other Islands and
areas and they paid very close attention to what U.S.Navy did.

You might find that story/article on the internet.Look around for it.
cuhulin